IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

The amount of journalists saying that Ancellotti is the wrong appointment....that we aren't good enough for him... salty as you like.

They just don't like the thought that he would come to little old Everton and we should know our place and hire Eddie Howe or Moyes or Hughes.... 

If Renault managed to hire Lewis Hamilton to drive their car would there be an outrage? Or would the more intelligent and less biased  journalists investigate "what have Renault got up their sleeve".... knowing quite well that a multi world champion isnt going to a team to be content with 7th place finishes.  They would known that the money would need to be right, but they also know that a winner would not go to a team unless the car has major changes incoming with a new engine that will enable them to compete.... and may be that Lewis wants to prove he can be a winner in a team that needs work. 

To me it's quite clear, he has been given assurances and no doubt submitted a list of players he wants to secure.  I'm expecting a very busy January. Koulibaly would be a nice start. 

35 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

The amount of journalists saying that Ancellotti is the wrong appointment....that we aren't good enough for him... salty as you like.

To be fair I see more doing it with Arteta and Arsenal. 

I still don't understand why Arsenal didn't go for Ancellotti (or why he didn't go for them). 

48 minutes ago, Aidan said:

To be fair I see more doing it with Arteta and Arsenal. 

I still don't understand why Arsenal didn't go for Ancellotti (or why he didn't go for them). 

Because he's just as inexperienced at rebuilding a team as Arteta. Plus Arsenal are obviously looking for long term solution, and Ancellotti doesn't fit that criteria. I'm probably one of few, who's not exited about the Italian, despite his cabinet full of throphies. I don't think he's cut for this job and I hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

What are the boomers? Educate me with your lingo! 

Baby boomer is a term for the generation of people born between 1946 and 1964.  They were called this because servicemen came home from World War II to their wives and had kids at an unprecedented rate causing it to be the largest generation.  
my parents are baby boomers (or boomers for short).

11 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Because he's just as inexperienced at rebuilding a team as Arteta. Plus Arsenal are obviously looking for long term solution, and Ancellotti doesn't fit that criteria. I'm probably one of few, who's not exited about the Italian, despite his cabinet full of throphies. I don't think he's cut for this job and I hope I'm wrong.

I must admit that I am very on the fence about this appointment for that reason. It just doesn't feel right. It will be miles away from what we have known and enjoyed in the last 3 games. 

He certainly has the CV for the job though. Regardless of how good your players are it is still difficult to win as many leagues as he has. His Chelsea team played some great football and scored for fun and even at Napoli last season he had one of the most impressive offensive and defensive teams (so I have read). 

I think the key to his success here will be how well the team he build matches the intensity that the crowd want to see. If it is slow and patient football, I expect the tide will turn quickly.

All I do know is that I really hope this appointment works out because if it doesn't we will be even more of a laughing stock than we have been for the last few years.

12 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

So am I under that definition, except my dad was only sixteen when the war ended so he just missed it (still had to do National Service though obviously); his older brothers were both in the navy.

Let's look at what makes players tick....

They need to respect a manager enough to buy into what he says and tells them to do. There is alot of ego involved with players, they compare cars, paychecks but also there is huge snobbery as to who they play for.....

When Ferguson was at Man United they did as they were told and no questions.... when Moyes went there the players questioned everything. 

The Chelsea players were notorious for getting managers sacked.... Ancellotti had their backing.

My main concern is that we need lieutenants on the pitch... trustworthy, intelligent and capable leaders.  I don't think we have any apart from Digne, Delph and Coleman who is on his last legs.  

He knows "what good looks like" to manage and how to manage them.... that is a huge thing that the likes of Moyes, Koeman, Martinez, Silva don't.

He will be able to come in to our club and like Lewis Hamilton getting in a substandard F1 car will be able to straight away say "that's not good enough.... change it"

If we can't change our weak mentality and poor processes under a proven winner and take his experience and utilise it fully then we are not deserving of him. 

55 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Arsenal may be looking but the fact is average time a manager stays at a club is under two years these days. Ancelotti's contract is for 4,5 years so if he stays that long it will be way longer than the average. We will have built a new stadium by the time his contract runs out.

He is a brilliant man-manager and tactically flexible. He understands that tactics must be dictated by the players available. Hopefully his name also helps recruit better players. I'm not sure how much weight that has but maybe at least in situations where other factors are pretty even. Many world class players also credit him for improving them.

23 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I imagine the first order of business will be to trim the deadwood at the club.

Cuco Martina is out of contract in summer but it would be nice to get a little something from a transfer.

Sandro Ramirez is still on the books and we could do with recouping a little something on this bad investment.

Mo Besic, the forgotten man, who surely must be out of contract by now

Yannick Bolasie looked to be a smart signing but quickly went sour and needs to be moved on.

Morgan Schneiderlin doesn't seem to have it in him anymore and is still a saleable asset.

Cenk Tosun surely can find another club. I just don't think he can cope with the pace of the Premier League but may do well elsewhere in Europe.

Oumar Niasse is going out of contract so is unlikely to recoup anything from a sale.

That's seven players that are surplus to requirements and have been for some time although I am being harsh on Morgan. The new manager must surely want to shift these on and make room for better players to come in.

Even if 7 go out and only 4 come in we would be better off since these players simply do not kick a ball for us.

I’d be more concerned about those getting game time that aren’t good enough. Tom Davies & Michael Keane being the outstanding ones. There’s a lot of shit to move on that’s for sure.

From today Moise Kean becomes a player.

Things just got very very serious in that dressing room 

47 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Baby boomer is a term for the generation of people born between 1946 and 1964.  They were called this because servicemen came home from World War II to their wives and had kids at an unprecedented rate causing it to be the largest generation.  

Thanks for educating me MJ never heard of the term! 

4 minutes ago, MC11 said:

I’d be more concerned about those getting game time that aren’t good enough. Tom Davies & Michael Keane being the outstanding ones. There’s a lot of shit to move on that’s for sure.

From today Moise Kean becomes a player.

Things just got very very serious in that dressing room 

Moise Kean becomes a player when he starts listening to his manager regardless of who it is.   He has had repeated incidents that point to a poor attitude. 

Let's not start thinking a galactico manager means we should expect to see entitled brats play in our shirt.  Carlo will probably get his respect but he will not be tolerated if he acts up. 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

It's going to be hugely important that the fans really get behind Carlo.

The media and journos will be doing their utmost to prove why they were right and he shouldn't have been hired. 

Not my first choice, but certainly not my last either! 

I'm apprehensive but 100% excited about the appointment. 

8 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I'm absolutely stoked for this appointment. The fact that their is an army of "experts" coming out of the woodwork to call this a bad appointment is proof enough that we have struck gold.

They're fucking terrified that the sleeping giant might awaken. I hope to God that we get Usmanov to invest too and just blow everyone out of the water over the next couple of years.

I want this club to become ruthless, no more being the poor relation or plucky little Everton. I don't care if they call us the New Chelsea or whatever, I want everyone to fear is, I want him to bring in players who have hearts of stone.

We get shafted by referees every week, shafted by VAR, shafted by the media. Well let's throw it all back in their face with a double dose of spite.

I hope he can bring some decent players in. Everyone had the same theory about Koeman and it didn't really materialise. 

I am getting a warm feeling about this because at last the board are showing a bit of sense, the club need to build a team that's going to fill the new stadium. This Manager is here because he's getting paid big money and has had a guarantee that he has big big money to spend.  I see him as a manager who can get big players to come here, the four year contract will see him play in the new stadium.  I hope I'm still here to see it.

Generally hope we see the last of this next manager discussion for another 4 yrs.

Buzzing with this! Who would have thought we would swap out Silva for Ancelotti and gain 4 league pts in the process too!

Pleased for Big Dunc during this time, pleased hes increased his love and fan base at the club, pleased hes still involved and pleased it did not turn sour for him if it did not go well (Ole?)