IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

53 minutes ago, Bailey said:

The game has moved on a fair bit since then mate!

Exactly.

1. You don't know whether they were approached or scouted etc. 

2. It could just be the media making it up.

3. Just because we don't know it doesn't mean the club or agent don't know. 

Didn't we get Moise Kean by enquiring about mandzukic?

5 hours ago, Matt said:

I know I’ve been a fan of him for ages, and I know this is me getting excited ahead of time, but 7 points off fourth. Only Wolves (!) and Spurs to compete with as the others will drop off. 

for the negative nellys... True, 7 points from relegation zone too. Just goes to show that panicking before Christmas is just stupid and a lack of understanding of how a season works. It’s very tight again but I can’t see anything to suggest this positive run won’t continue. I’m actually confident going to City too. 

Matt go back 6 weeks or so those who were panicking, were panicking because of the manager they new he was incompetent and we would have more than likely gone down with him. 
And if you go back to your posts on Silva you were adamant he shouldn’t get the sack, in your words he should be allowed to see out his contract. 
Well I was one that wanted him gone and If that makes me a negative Nelly then fine, because you are now one of the Ostriches who buried their heads in the sand and are benefiting from Silva being sacked and not staying.  

6 hours ago, Matt said:

I know I’ve been a fan of him for ages, and I know this is me getting excited ahead of time, but 7 points off fourth. Only Wolves (!) and Spurs to compete with as the others will drop off. 

for the negative nellys... True, 7 points from relegation zone too. Just goes to show that panicking before Christmas is just stupid and a lack of understanding of how a season works. It’s very tight again but I can’t see anything to suggest this positive run won’t continue. I’m actually confident going to City too. 

Silva was on course to relegate us. Just think where we'd be if the board and the fans hadn't stuck with him as long as they did. Top 4 would've been realistic. It's not like Ancelotti or Dunc have done anything any other competent manager wouldn't have done, well maybe not got as much passion out of the players as Dunc. We've gone back to the basics, we're playing players that suit rather forcing a system and the higher waged players to play every week. 

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

Silva was on course to relegate us. Just think where we'd be if the board and the fans hadn't stuck with him as long as they did. Top 4 would've been realistic. It's not like Ancelotti or Dunc have done anything any other competent manager wouldn't have done, well maybe not got as much passion out of the players as Dunc. We've gone back to the basics, we're playing players that suit rather forcing a system and the higher waged players to play every week. 

I get your points and reasoning mate - I stuck will Silva for a long time and was disappointed when we sacked him because as you’ve mentioned, Dunc and Carlo haven’t done much but the players have found their passion and effort.

Those 2 things for me though are a prerequisite for playing for Everton. 

However, it’s a result based game. I’m delighted we got Ancelotti as our manager and the football we are playing. Long may it continue. With this season, in 4 more games we could be sniffing around Europe.

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

Matt go back 6 weeks or so those who were panicking, were panicking because of the manager they new he was incompetent and we would have more than likely gone down with him. 
And if you go back to your posts on Silva you were adamant he shouldn’t get the sack, in your words he should be allowed to see out his contract. 
Well I was one that wanted him gone and If that makes me a negative Nelly then fine, because you are now one of the Ostriches who buried their heads in the sand and are benefiting from Silva being sacked and not staying.  

I never said once he should be allowed to see out his contract. I said he should be allowed until Christmas.

the rest is just gibberish. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I never said once he should be allowed to see out his contract. I said he should be allowed until Christmas.

the rest is just gibberish. 

Well I can’t be arsed to go back through it all at the moment on my way to the airport, but even with what you just said we would be in a relegation spot, so still a bit rich from you to call me a negative Nelly if you had your way we wouldn’t had the 5 points with Ferguson and the 6 with Ancelotti. 
But still carry on and post you were always right, and what I said isn’t gibberish, the negative Nelly’s have been proven right as Pete rightly said he should have went months ago. 

Well we will never know will we. But fact is and I man fact, is that it is possible that Silva could have won the last five games and we could now be fifth.

Not for one second am I saying he would have. But I’ll be honest... I’m much to bright to argue either way after the fact, as it’s not possible to prove in any way.

I said before his run, that it is just what we need. We needed to face the bigger teams to lift ourselves, and we have. Now that’s either because big Dunc just happens to be a secret genius, or that it’s played out just as many expected it would.

11 hours ago, Shukes said:

Well we will never know will we. But fact is and I man fact, is that it is possible that Silva could have won the last five games and we could now be fifth.

Not for one second am I saying he would have. But I’ll be honest... I’m much to bright to argue either way after the fact, as it’s not possible to prove in any way.

I said before his run, that it is just what we need. We needed to face the bigger teams to lift ourselves, and we have. Now that’s either because big Dunc just happens to be a secret genius, or that it’s played out just as many expected it would.

Of course we can’t prove it but we can use a bit of good judgment and some common sense, sorry Shukes didn’t mean to offend or confuse you with the common sense bit 😉
When you say it played out as many expected it would, are you saying we would have got those results with Silva. 

47 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Of course we can’t prove it but we can use a bit of good judgment and some common sense, sorry Shukes didn’t mean to offend or confuse you with the common sense bit 😉
When you say it played out as many expected it would, are you saying we would have got those results with Silva. 

Only bit that confused me was the words common and coming from you... had to check it wasn’t Matt posting 😉

Im saying that that I as waiting fo this run of games, as being a player myself, I know how it’s the bigger games that you lift yourself for when on a bad run. And that’s in no way being elitist..... just my own experience. 

So although the manager and tactics have a bearing on those results, I do think we would have a an upturn in form regardless. Historically we’ve always needed the tougher runs. Last few years have been prime examples.

48 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Only bit that confused me was the words common and coming from you... had to check it wasn’t Matt posting 😉

Im saying that that I as waiting fo this run of games, as being a player myself, I know how it’s the bigger games that you lift yourself for when on a bad run. And that’s in no way being elitist..... just my own experience. 

So although the manager and tacticso have a bearing on those results, I do think we would have a an upturn in form regardless. Historically we’ve always needed the tougher runs. Last few years have been prime examples.

I don’t agree with that it was inevitable it was going to happen, because we like tougher games historically that may have happened, normally for us our season if being poor has kicked off in the Derby, but this season we got pissed all over with no fight coming from us.

Shukes mate it’s time to suck it in and accept he was a poor manager with no plan or strategy that the players were in tune with, to say what happened under Ferguson and Ancelotti was inevitable and could have happened under Silva  is frankly bizarre and I’m seriously worried about your mental state 😉

I still argue Silva was very unlucky this season. In the matches since he was sacked there have been so many situations that I was genuinely surprised they didn't go against us because I'm so used to it. It felt like under Silva every mistake by the defenders for instance lead to a goal. There have been mistakes after him as well but no goals.

We wouldn't have gotten 11 points from the last five matches with Silva for sure but on the other hand we should have had more points before the Liverpool game. Couple of ridiculous VAR decisions alone cost a lot. Silva did make mistakes, like the stupid high line against Liverpool but underlying numbers were sound. The team created more chances than it conceded in almost every match. That's what a manager can do in the end. He can't control if the defender makes a mistake or a striker can't finish (especially if it's not him who signed them).

I was all for Silva and backed him thinking he had the tools to be a good manager with better players.

Yes things did go against him and he was unlucky but the margins were always far too narrow for him to be able to ride the bad luck.  Quite frankly he wasn't good enough.  Tactical inflexible, delayed subs, sat arms crossed like he had nothing left to give. 

When things didn't work he took weeks to identify then respond and change.... Ancellotti takes minutes....

He had completely lost the trust of the players, they liked him but didn't trust his management. He had to go. 

I see moyes going to west ham and quiver to thing how I would feel if we never acted soon enough and they by chance got Carlo and we ended with moyes. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I don’t agree with that it was inevitable it was going to happen, because we like tougher games historically that may have happened, normally for us our season if being poor has kicked off in the Derby, but this season we got pissed all over with no fight coming from us.

Shukes mate it’s time to suck it in and accept he was a poor manager with no plan or strategy that the players were in tune with, to say what happened under Ferguson and Ancelotti was inevitable and could have happened under Silva  is frankly bizarre and I’m seriously worried about your mental state 😉

I already did mate. Totally agree he had to go. He had no plan at all.

But I believe the problem was more than just the manager. I think the players had a lack of confidence and needed a game where the fight for themselves and he club, and that needed an inspiring talk rather than great tactics.

17 hours ago, Shukes said:

Pretty much like he did after Christmas last year when people were calling for his head after a bad start, then we had a fantastic run second half of the season. When there is still so many points to play for and the league is so tight, talking about relegation in October or November is nonsense 

I didn't think Silva did too bad at all in his first season - we had an awful run of form then turned it round and finished strongly. There were reasons to be optimistic in May. I then thought we had a poor transfer window, the punt on Kean might end up being justified long term but this season it left us starting out with a glaring lack of proven goalscoring options, and I thought the failed Zouma pursuit which left us with three senior CBs was verging on criminal. Then we/Silva got very unlucky with the Gbamin/Gomes injuries. We still don't know if we've replaced Gana and have had our best midfielder taken away for the season. 

That said, we were all entitled to see progress under Silva this season and instead we saw the opposite. It was like groundhog day - back to the worst football we played last season, back to the horror show of Koeman's last couple of months. The team looked slow, lightweight, devoid of ideas, easily rolled over. It wasn't good enough and a club as big as ours can't afford to slip into the relegation zone at Christmas and hope things will turn around. It was the right decision to sack Silva, who it turns out had been appointed above his capabilities and you get the feeling the players knew that. Now we have a manager who no one can say that about, and we can move forward accordingly with optimism for a new decade ahead. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Pretty much like he did after Christmas last year when people were calling for his head after a bad start, then we had a fantastic run second half of the season. When there is still so many points to play for and the league is so tight, talking about relegation in October or November is nonsense 

1 hour ago, nogs said:

I didn't think Silva did too bad at all in his first season - we had an awful run of form then turned it round and finished strongly. There were reasons to be optimistic in May. I then thought we had a poor transfer window, the punt on Kean might end up being justified long term but this season it left us starting out with a glaring lack of proven goalscoring options, and I thought the failed Zouma pursuit which left us with three senior CBs was verging on criminal. Then we/Silva got very unlucky with the Gbamin/Gomes injuries. We still don't know if we've replaced Gana and have had our best midfielder taken away for the season. 

That said, we were all entitled to see progress under Silva this season and instead we saw the opposite. It was like groundhog day - back to the worst football we played last season, back to the horror show of Koeman's last couple of months. The team looked slow, lightweight, devoid of ideas, easily rolled over. It wasn't good enough and a club as big as ours can't afford to slip into the relegation zone at Christmas and hope things will turn around. It was the right decision to sack Silva, who it turns out had been appointed above his capabilities and you get the feeling the players knew that. Now we have a manager who no one can say that about, and we can move forward accordingly with optimism for a new decade ahead. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Well nearly the whole of Goodison were talking about it, they could see it was very much a possibility under Silva, they even sung it from the stands, it would be foolish to think we would be in safe hands if he was still here, he was on a crash course to the championship make no mistake about that. 
And the supporters were instrumental in getting that across to Moshiri he listened and acted, and that’s why we are now in the position we are from 5-6 weeks ago. 

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Well nearly the whole of Goodison were talking about it, they could see it was very much a possibility under Silva, they even sung it from the stands, it would be foolish to think we would be in safe hands if he was still here, he was on a crash course to the championship make no mistake about that. 
And the supporters were instrumental in getting that across to Moshiri he listened and acted, and that’s why we are now in the position we are from 5-6 weeks ago. 

And again, it was the same last year before he turned a corner. 

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

And again, it was the same last year before he turned a corner. 

The concern for me Matt was that we wanted to believe that last years delayed 'correction' wouldn't be something we would need to endure again...

Sadly the same issues arose. He looked like a rabbit in the headlights and it appeared his achievements may have been attributed to his assistant who left and did a good job in Portugal.

The trend line was pointing downwards and this year's league could arguably see a team like us relegated. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

The concern for me Matt was that we wanted to believe that last years delayed 'correction' wouldn't be something we would need to endure again...

Sadly the same issues arose. He looked like a rabbit in the headlights and it appeared his achievements may have been attributed to his assistant who left and did a good job in Portugal.

The trend line was pointing downwards and this year's league could arguably see a team like us relegated. 

I completely agree. I’m happy he’s gone, but I’m glad we waited as long as we did. It’s all been quite serendipitous