IGNORED

Carlo Ancelotti

16 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Here's what Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti makes of Cenk Tosun's temporary departure to Crystal Palace: "I spoke with Cenk Tosun and he wanted to find a club with opportunities to play. I hope Crystal Palace is a good solution for him."

More from Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti: "We have to look forward.

"I understand the frustration of the supporters which is normal when you lose a derby but I hope that atmosphere in the stadium tomorrow will be good because we need the support. We need a great performance to react after the defeat.

"There was no argument, absolutely in the training ground or in the dressing room. Full stop."

More from Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti who is now asked to touch on Fabian Delph's social media spat with a fan and supporters turning up at the training ground:

"I spoke with [Fabian] and told him it was a mistake, he should not have reacted like this.

"After the game everyone was frustrated and sometimes you can react emotionally. I spoke with Marcel [Brands] but now we need the support of our fans because I think we have a great opportunity to improve our league position.

"In Italy it is normal. I will speak to them if they want, there is no problem."

More from Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti: "We are looking to see if there is some possibility to improve our squad.

"I have the full support of the owner, board and director of football. If you want names all the names in the papers give are wrong. I have a great goalkeeper and we are not looking for a goalkeeper."

Central midfield asks a reporter? "Maybe," Ancelotti adds.

I think Don Carlos has made Moshiri the board and Brands an offer they can’t refuse.  

On 09/01/2020 at 16:20, TallPaul1878 said:

It's an absolute disgrace. It's as if those at the top of the club have forgotten what is required to win football matches. An article came out today saying we snubbed the wonderkid who is banging them it at Bayern, Zirkzee. He admits that he was ready to sign a contract but the plug was pulled as the club wanted players like fucking Bolasie

I read we wanted to sign him and offered a contract but then Bayern stepped in and he chose them

6 minutes ago, barryj said:

Two out of two. It was Premier League home clean sheets. If he does a big Sam he’ll claim the Arsenal one as well because he was in the ground 😂........I think he’s probably got more class though. 

ah didn't see it was just home.  regardless great stat and as you pointed out he's 100% so far :)

Surely to God he's in at Brands telling him to shift certain players on and begging for reinforcements.

I think Carlo is giving players plenty of chances to show themselves. He knows we've got enough in the team to stay away from trouble. We might make a late push for top 6. But in the meantime, players are being given a fair shout. And the same old same are falling on their arses.

Loads to improve on. But you feel bloody proud when you see Carlo on the touchline in your colours.

He played the cards he was dealt, and then he hauled off players and shuffled those cards. I don't really see what else he could have done.

Our midfield is a major concern for us and if we don't get someone in who's got even just a touch of creativity in them then we're going to have many days like yesterday where we just grind out results (with a few losses thrown in). Davies is a limited footballer (even when he's playing well), Bernard is very up and down, Walcott is inconsistent in the extreme, Delph isn't going to add spark even when he manages to look above being a turd, Scheiderlin while not being as bad as many like to make out simply isn't that sort of player, Sigurdsson isn't all of a sudden going to be what we bought him to be, and Gordon is a kid who has played once.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

No. There was clear instruction to play out of the back which, considering our midfield, was a poor tactical choice. 

Depends on what you want from a manager, someone who has a system which has made him one of the most successful managers in the world, and he’s going to stick to it, or someone who is going to change what made him successful because he’s inherited a bunch of players who may not be good enough to play his way. 
For me he needs to play these players his way so he knows who can cope and who can’t, that way he will know what he needs to bring in and what he needs to get rid of. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

No. There was clear instruction to play out of the back which, considering our midfield, was a poor tactical choice. 

He's had us playing out from the back since the Burnley game when he had hardly had time to take a training session yet. Why would he change for an away game against West Ham? If you put the horror show against Liverpool aside, we've won 3 drawn 1 and lost away at Man City in the league under Ancellotti. I'd say we're playing as well as can be expected five games into his tenure with a sub standard squad. 

2 hours ago, nogs said:

He's had us playing out from the back since the Burnley game when he had hardly had time to take a training session yet. Why would he change for an away game against West Ham? If you put the horror show against Liverpool aside, we've won 3 drawn 1 and lost away at Man City in the league under Ancellotti. I'd say we're playing as well as can be expected five games into his tenure with a sub standard squad. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m still a big fan of his. But Wham needed attacking because they wouldn’t have been able to cope with it. Instead we sat deep and let them ping it across the park. There was no pressure and no momentum. I think he should’ve played and set out the team differently