IGNORED

West Ham (Home) Friday 1 January

markjazzbassist

Happy new years game.  it's west ham, 3 points should be the target, it's moyes, come on.  have a go, play the best XI that's fit.  win the thing.

Pickford

Coleman Mina Keane Godfrey

Doucoure Davies

Gylfi

James         DCL    Richarlison

Everything changes all of a sudden, West Ham now need to go to the South Coast tomorrow to play Southampton, before coming back up the country to play us at Goodison - they'll be in luxury accommodation but a bit of a ballache travel wise that - especially when you consider we now get to put our feet up and watch Netflix. 

Thoughts with the City players obviously, but this is a wonderful slice of luck that we really should take advantage of, full throttle against these now and hopefully Southampton can get stuck into them tomorrow to ramp up the fatigue!

Id be playing the same line up that’s been bringing in the points. Richarlison back in for this one.

James off the bench - hopefully more central. Fingers crossed for another strong defence performance and a clean sheet. We definitely have the players to score a few against them.

Think all premiership games are a battle these days and can't be complacent in any off them. WHU have had some decent games this year, but they are not a top 6 team.  With West Ham playing last night away at Southampton and then travelling up to us on Friday, and ourselves having a few more days rest and time on the training ground - you would have to say we have to be taking 3 points in these types of games. At this moment in time any points dropped would be disappointment.  

5 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Think all premiership games are a battle these days and can't be complacent in any off them. WHU have had some decent games this year, but they are not a top 6 team.  With West Ham playing last night away at Southampton and then travelling up to us on Friday, and ourselves having a few more days rest and time on the training ground - you would have to say we have to be taking 3 points in these types of games. At this moment in time any points dropped would be disappointment.  

I agree we should take all 3 points, my concern is we have a habit of showing up for the team’s in the top 6 yet fail to perform against the lesser team’s, we’ve fallen foul of that a couple of times already this season, we need to do what we did at Sheffield a lot more and win with scrappy football against the team’s below us. 

Just now, Palfy said:

I agree we should take all 3 points, my concern is we have a habit of showing up for the team’s in the top 6 yet fail to perform against the lesser team’s, we’ve fallen foul of that a couple of times already this season, we need to do what we did at Sheffield a lot more and win with scrappy football against the team’s below us. 

It’s been a strange season. All the teams are guilty of dropping points against some “lower” teams.

Sheffield was promising though - the last 3/4 years we don’t win that game. If we are to push on and get ourselves a top 4 spot it won’t be the last game we grind out a result! Hopefully Richarlison kicks into goals scoring form as well. 

Pickford

Coleman   Mina  Keane     Godfrey

Doucoure   Davies

Iwobi          Gylfi      Richarlison

DCL   

Can't see Ancelloti going for anything other than this line-up.  As well as Holgate has played in the last few game, he is not a natural right back, so we obviously lose a lot going forward. I think for a home game against a Moyes Hammers team we need to be putting in a good offensive performance at not be sitting back.

lets hope for a great start to 2021. happy new year to you all.

West Ham are in poor form, they haven't won in four now; drawing with Crystal Palace, Southampton and Brighton, losing against Chelsea. Given that we have had the extra break with the Manchester City shenanigans I would be dissapointed with anything other than maximum points. Moyes managed to get a bit of a purple patch with these which saw them soar up the table, but for me they're a really poor side with a bit of a circus upstairs. I honestly believe that it's been a case of having dross in the Premier League such as Huddersfield, Bournemouth (sadly) and Norwich over the years which has kept them up. They've just consistently managed to not be as shite as the proper shite in the top flight. 

Agree with those that said we should treat this game offensively than the latter - we've been really solid against the likes of Leicester and Chelsea but hopefully this is a game where we can loosen our shackles and get at them a bit more. Obviously we want to be strong in defence, but I think this is the game that we should be looking to win as opposed to be avoiding defeat. 

Quite excited for this I must say, there's a real buzz surrounding us at the moment.

Edit: Also;

3 hours ago, Tonsta said:

I would like to see Holgate, he is the only defender we have who can spot danger, and deal with it, the rest react, usually to late. IMO

Agreed. Hope/think it’s only a matter of time before Holgate takes Mina’s place. Harsh on Mina as he’s been playing well but you never know what you’re gonna get from him. 

8 minutes ago, StevO said:

You’ve not noticed Keane repeatedly being in the right place to stop crosses and passes in the box? I love Holgate, but he’s not the only one in great form. 

Yes i have noticed the improvement in Keane, and its good, it was not a criticism, just a fact a forward that moves a lot or with pace, will beat Mina & Keane all day.

He has taken better positions up for crosses, but not people running in behind him, but that's just my opinion.