IGNORED

Liverpool (Away) Saturday 20 February

markjazzbassist

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

Nearly 4:00am and still can’t sleep 💤 been going over and over what’s just happened, thankfully it wasn’t a midweek or Sunday night game because I don’t think I would be in a fit state to go to work the next day. 
Did we really beat Liverpool 2-0 away?

I'm still up, just watched motd highlights. Great.

6 hours ago, Palfy said:

Nearly 4:00am and still can’t sleep 💤 been going over and over what’s just happened, thankfully it wasn’t a midweek or Sunday night game because I don’t think I would be in a fit state to go to work the next day. 
Did we really beat Liverpool 2-0 away?

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I'm still up, just watched motd highlights. Great.

5.00am, wakes up and checks BBC website to confirm not a dream. Goes back to sleep 😁

Their has been a monumental shift in our mentality towards 'big games' this season. I can't remember a season in the Premiership when we have taken so many points of the so called top teams. 

Witnessing what Ancelloti is doing with the club is a real eye opener of what a truly world class manager can do at a club.

What is also very exciting is I think this is just the begining. In Carlo I think we have found as near a perfect manager for our beloved club. You get the feeling that the club is being changes from bottom up as well, we are becoming more professional, but still maintaining 'our peoples club' identity at the heart of it. 

And the icing on the cake - he has already 'been there and done that' on a number of occasions with europe's elite, and being such an honourable man you just know he will not turn his back on us and the 'project' we have becasue another club came sniffing around next season. He's not going to get his head turned. 

I am optomistic last nights historical win is actually built on a solid foundation, and we might have a team built over the next season or two that will not be waiting anywhere near as long for our next victory. 

15 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Used to quite like Klopp - but managing there has changed him as a person. Very unlikeable now.

On the game, what a special performance - a treasured Everton memory already. Favourite moment was seeing DCL and Richarlison flying forward at the end. Electric pace and power. We need to see more of that now. Let's hope for an equally electric RW in the summer. 

"God is a Manchester City fan" will be on a T-Shirt by the end of the week, what a phenomenal quote. The bit about it being impossible to play football in the wind is great too (funnily enough the second time he's said that in a derby). 

He's genuinely losing it, reminds me of when Mourinho was dominant at Chelsea and then lost the plot. 

Liverpool fans today: More possession, more shots, played better football, the ref, the wind, blah blah blah, the centre backs. Not just for conceding but apparently they're not scoring because of the centre backs 😂 

Not one has blamed the manager or the favourites. TAA was a clear pen, and the best chance they had was a volley from outside the box, looked good but they only go in about 1/50. Maybe if they're players stayed on their feet they'd have made a better chance. 

20 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Henderson's hamstring gone.

Watch the media make out that Doucoure should be banned for six months for putting him under pressure. 

I kind of stole that thought and put it in the comments below the BBC report on the game, it's now the 4th highest ranked comment (out of nearly 5,000) with 559 "up" votes (48 down). Sorry @Zoo 2.0should have given you a credit:D

Yesterday's euphoria left me unable to comment. Congratulations to everyone here, we deserve this. 

Last season Pickford earned the criticism he received, and this year he has earned the praise he is getting. He was world class yesterday. He deserves his place in the team. 

10/10: Pickford, Keane, Godfrey, Davies

9/10: Coleman, Digne, Holgate, Richarlison

8/10: James, Doucoure

7/10: Gomes

Obviously we all hope this win gives us the confidence we need to a) win more derbies and b) spur us on in the coming weeks. It was awesome to see what it mean to the players. I don't expect them to care as much as we do as fans and I think it's generally easy to talk nonsense about playing for the fans and hoping you can deliver them trophies. They're coached how to make that look genuine. What we saw yesterday after the final whistle was outstanding. Meant the world to them. The embrace between Dunc and Seamus was what brought a tear to my eye. Brilliant. 

Finally, thank you Carlo. I love you. 

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I mean, I like Leighton but that's a bit far mate. 

Each to their own. 

Must be a language thing, in the states “shag” is a shaggy or grown out but not manicured haircut.   When I came home from my first semester at college my father said “lose the shag, get a haircut, you look like a hippie”.  Done the exact opposite of that since then and it’s worked well for me.