IGNORED

Liverpool (Away) Saturday 20 February

markjazzbassist

36 minutes ago, nyblue23 said:

This is probably the best and most fair officiating I’ve ever seen in a derby’s credit where it’s due.

Says more about how poor they have been historically.

Robertson, Mane and Salah all diving. The latter two more than once. Cheating rats.

Any how, what a cameo from Dom. Absolutely destroyed their defense. Great kicking from Pickford up to him, every time he put the ball over the top I felt like we could score.

Incredible! Finally we have that win over them and at their place too. We also got a dogy penalty call that we would never normally get as well. Big big day! 

Keane was an absolute rock today. Some brilliant last ditch plays. Pickford made some big saves too. 

I'll be having a few beers to celebrate tonight! 

So so so happy tonight, tense game but I had a feeling it would be our day, too scared to say it out loud to my son. I could watch the players reactions all night, I’m sure Ben Godfrey had a look of tears in his eyes at the end, 

The subs by Carlo was superb, Gomes looked disappointed of coming off probably because he knew he’d let the side down with the booking and could perform better but he was hampered by being on the yellow card, Gylfi ran his socks off which you should expect, and came up with a fantastic penalty which secured the game for us. When Dom came on we looked even more threatening as it gave us a real outlet for clearing the ball out from our own half and caused lots of problems for their defence, in turn taking the pressure off ours.
from front to back everyone played really well,  yeah there were a few issues and few mistakes but you’re going to get that in every game let’s live with it, especially impressed with Pickford having had a wobbly few weeks, he came back and was probably at his best that we seen in for a long time with excellent shot stopping, and commanded his area better than we’ve seen recently, without the flapping and the overexcitement which I think can,  and does, upset the back four In front of him,  just so solid brilliant throughout.

I think I might just have a few drinks tonight after that cheers lads enjoy it.

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Can we also talk about Carlo for a second? Those subs were perfect, and when we scored our second, he was the same old calm, cool and collected Carlo on the sideline. 

Take a lesson, Jurgen. That's a class act. 

The subs were outstanding, Liverpool were all over us in that second half and he brings on DCL to give us two up top and allow us to push them back. It also meant that Richarlison had someone to work with (and was how our second goal came about). The Sigurdsson for Gomes swap was spot on too, André was looking a touch sketchy and had just lost the ball on the edge of our own box (which should have been punished). 

Carlo got everything right tonight. He's not even in the same league as the managers I've seen in my lifetime, he's just outstanding in every way. 

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

So so so happy tonight, tense game but I had a feeling it would be our day, too scared to say it out loud to my son. I could watch the players reactions all night, I’m sure Ben Godfrey had a look of tears in his eyes at the end, 

The subs by Carlo was superb, Gomes looked disappointed of coming off probably because he knew he’d let the side down with the booking and could perform better but he was hampered by being on the yellow card, Gylfi ran his socks off which you should expect, and came up with a fantastic penalty which secured the game for us. When Dom came on we looked even more threatening as it gave us a real outlet for clearing the ball out from our own half and caused lots of problems for their defence, in turn taking the pressure off ours.
from front to back everyone played really well,  yeah there were a few issues and few mistakes but you’re going to get that in every game let’s live with it, especially impressed with Pickford having had a wobbly few weeks, he came back and was probably at his best that we seen in for a long time with excellent shot stopping, and commanded his area better than we’ve seen recently, without the flapping and the overexcitement which I think can,  and does, upset the back four In front of him,  just so solid brilliant throughout.

I think I might just have a few drinks tonight after that cheers lads enjoy it.

Yes, I got the feeling he knew how much the game meant to club and fans.