IGNORED

Summer 21 Transfer Window

27 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

It will be a bit deflating if we only get Olsen, King + 1 even if we don’t qualify for Europe especially if Keen goes 

I read it as 2-3 in addition to those 2. Which honestly is the right approach in my opinion. 2-3 good solid acquisitions (RB, RW, FW) would be solid business for the squad. 

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

I read it as 2-3 in addition to those 2. Which honestly is the right approach in my opinion. 2-3 good solid acquisitions (RB, RW, FW) would be solid business for the squad. 

Yeah I did too. 
We need to get to the point of small changes, get some consistency in the squad, and the last of the deadwood out the door if we can. 

I think its the right hand side that needs most attention. Some additional quality on that side of the pitch and we could really strech opposition teams. Go for the best young attacking RB we can possibly afford. Emerson of Real Betis/Barcalona or Aarons. I would not be agaist Vasques from Real Madrid also joining on a free transfer. There is room to squeeze both in the starting 11, but Vasques can cover as a RB as well. 

I think good work with outgoings could make the 2/3 more like 4/5. I actually think the 3 main positions are RB, RW and CM add a striker to that if we sell Kean. We still need a keeper - it looks like Pickford is benefiting from the competition.

Get Kenny and Tosun deals done quickly - maybe Bernard too. There are already a few big earners out of contract e.g Bolasie and Walcott (Besic?). Then Delph and Iwobi - any takers? 

11 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I think good work with outgoings could make the 2/3 more like 4/5. I actually think the 3 main positions are RB, RW and CM add a striker to that if we sell Kean. We still need a keeper - it looks like Pickford is benefiting from the competition.

Get Kenny and Tosun deals done quickly - maybe Bernard too. There are already a few big earners out of contract e.g Bolasie and Walcott (Besic?). Then Delph and Iwobi - any takers? 

I agree with that, don't mine if we dont bring in another out and out striker as long as the RW player is a Richarlison type, who can score goals and even step in as a CF if needed. 

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I agree with that, don't mine if we dont bring in another out and out striker as long as the RW player is a Richarlison type, who can score goals and even step in as a CF if needed. 

Silas Wamangituka (Stuttgart) and Abdallah Sima (Slavia Prague) are a couple that have been mentioned, I think both fit that bill.

Hoping that Simms can kick on with his loan move (and probably another loan after), to provide a reasonably decent backup Striker option in the not to distant future.

7 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Boy, not very ambitious in your transfer targets, are you

last transfer window prove that Championship can be our main focus... the players already adapted and most of players I mentioned are young and ambitious

if you look at the big names from big clubs, most of them are a disappointment ( Iwobi, Bernard, Walcott, Klaassen, Tosun etc) and cost us tons in wages and transfers

We will need to think about how we want to play. Lots of people want a right winger, but we don't play with that type of width. It might just be because we don't have a natural winger but we are three windows in under Ancellotti and we haven't signed one.

18 minutes ago, Bailey said:

We will need to think about how we want to play. Lots of people want a right winger, but we don't play with that type of width. It might just be because we don't have a natural winger but we are three windows in under Ancellotti and we haven't signed one.

Think that’s more because other areas needed addressing with more urgency than he doesn’t want one 

If we do get a top 4 this season - then we need to go big in the transfer market, getting the best we possibly can, especially those who might well be first 11 players. We have to make the most of any window of opportunity. I like the approach of purchasing of both older experienced (Allan and Rodrigues) players as well as top young players (Kean and Godfrey)  roughly a 50%-50% mix - the key for me now is quality, quality, quality - Not the number of players coming in.

We seem to have a good blend with Brands and Ancelotti selecting players - Fans and media being quite vocal on how well Godfrey is doing - I love how honest Ancelotti is about how Godfrey has surprised him, and that he didn't know that much about him before we signed him. Basically saying to the fans - "I can't take the credit for signing him, that credit belongs to somebody else". I don't think many would do that. 

Sounds like there is lots of trust and respect between Brands and Ancelotti.

if you look at our best lineup (below) the only real holes are RB and maybe GK (although jordan has improved).  RB is a for sure, GK maybe we stick it out with jordan to see if he gets better and improves.  I think the quality players we need will be rotation/bench players who will rotate.  All 3 forward positions need a capable player to sub out, CM i feel we have enough, CB we have enough, LB we are ok, GK if olsen signs we are ok.  So if we are focusing on quality, it's forwards and RB. 

pickford

coleman  keane godfrey digne

allan

doucoure davies/gyli/gomes

james              DCL    Richarlison

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

if you look at our best lineup (below) the only real holes are RB and maybe GK (although jordan has improved).  RB is a for sure, GK maybe we stick it out with jordan to see if he gets better and improves.  I think the quality players we need will be rotation/bench players who will rotate.  All 3 forward positions need a capable player to sub out, CM i feel we have enough, CB we have enough, LB we are ok, GK if olsen signs we are ok.  So if we are focusing on quality, it's forwards and RB. 

pickford

coleman  keane godfrey digne

allan

doucoure davies/gyli/gomes

james              DCL    Richarlison

Pickford has performed better as of late, but say we make the top 4 and are playing at Bayern in a knockout stage fixture. Does anyone here really have any confidence in him in a big moment like that? If I had my druthers, I'd want us to go big and get someone who has had experience in, and won, some big games. Onana, for instance

5 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Pickford has performed better as of late, but say we make the top 4 and are playing at Bayern in a knockout stage fixture. Does anyone here really have any confidence in him in a big moment like that? If I had my druthers, I'd want us to go big and get someone who has had experience in, and won, some big games. Onana, for instance

He does seem far more balanced. More than I expected him to be.  Strange really but even after the hesitating for the disallowed goal I've got more faith in him.

His kicking has been absolutely superb

I think our final league position will determine the calibre of a player we can bring in. 

Top 4 playing against the elite with Carlo and Brands at the realm with Moshiri's money??? Should be enough to give most Blue's a semi.

Top 5-7- Playing on a Thursday straight after Robot Wars with Craig Charles? Again with money and C+B we are a decent option for top players. 

Outside of European places- This is where Carlo comes into his own? Would Allan and James be here? no! Here simply because of Don himself.

Godfrey and Doucoure i believe would be here and they're great signings but also signings Carlo wasn't pushing for. Nothing wrong with picking up players from the championship that have performed in the Prem. These 2 will probably work out to be the best 2 we signed this season.

Regardless of final league position i hope we sign Aarons.

Top 4- Leon Bailey, Rabiot, Steal Barnes from Leicester? Another top striker. 

22 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Yes I do have confidence in him for big games he has proven he’s up for the big stage, he’s played for his country on the world stage and excelled in huge games with the weight of a nation on his shoulders.

Your question is a hypothetical one which could be levelled at any keeper in the world, they all make mistakes and will carry on doing so no matter what the relevance of the game, or don’t the best so called keepers in the world make mistakes, and if they do are they that good they can determine when and what games they will make their mistakes in. 

For me the team could very much be improved on the right hand side

GK

RB    Keane  Godfrey   Digne             - Cover:  Holgate, Mina and Coleman, Niels

Allan     Doucoure                      - Cover : Davies, Gomes

RW         James     Richarlison           - Cover Iwobi, Gylfi, King, plus another

DCL                                    - Cover: another

So to me we want a new marauding RB, a right winger type and a couple more attack minded player (replacing - Bernard, Kean, Tosun, Walcott and Bolaise as hopefully all these wages will be off the books - maybe Iwobi if offers and replacement found). If all those listed move on , I think there is scope to bring in 2-3 decent attack minded players that could cover all across the front four - AM, RW, LW, CF

Pickford is playing well at this moment - but I do see this as an area on the pitch that could improved (but willing to be proved wrong from now till the end of the season!!)