IGNORED

Summer 21 Transfer Window

3 hours ago, London Blue said:

Some positions need filling regardless of who we have as manager, right back and right wing for example. We should pull the trigger on any targets we have now, while we can still get them.

Not so easy without a manager. Players might not fancy that level of uncertainty too. 

8 hours ago, StevO said:

Not so easy without a manager. Players might not fancy that level of uncertainty too. 

True, but I do wonder how much of a players decision to join is based on the contract, the club itself and the vision sold by the DOF, and how much is the manager. Especially when transfers are (mostly) handled by Brands.

I would imagine that players would be told the type of football we want the manager to play. But as you say the manager is a big part.

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

True, but I do wonder how much of a players decision to join is based on the contract, the club itself and the vision sold by the DOF, and how much is the manager. Especially when transfers are (mostly) handled by Brands.

I would imagine that players would be told the type of football we want the manager to play. But as you say the manager is a big part.

I would have thought even without a manager - a DoF may sound out an agent of any possible club targets to register any interest in a player - even though it might me a few weeks or month before we put in any formal bid. Once its been discussed with new manager.

What we can't do is sit twiddling our thumbs and hope deals are not done early - like what Villa seem to be doing.  

17 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I just feel a bit gutted somebody like Buendia looks to be signing for Villa. £33millon doesn't seem extravagant for a player of his ability and experience and wages of around £75-80K for your creative midfielder seem reasonable for a team with ambitions of top 6.  

We are not going to get the £50-60M player that go to Chelsea and Man U etc, but would have thought this sort money for a still developing talent would have been right up our street. Buendia could quite easily be a £50-60M player in a couple of years time.

The most gutting thing about a transfer like this is that it is the type of footballer we are crying out for. League experience, creates and scores, works hard and has his best years ahead of him.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been reading that Utd might be looking to off load Daniel James this transfer window. Still a youngster at 23 and with bags of experience. Fast as fook and can play left or right as he can use both feet. Great player to have in a counter attacking team. Something we need is speed out wide, and this lad is one of the fastest about. He is no slouch having featured in over 70 games for Man U over past two season as a 22/23 year old. 

He would not be a kings ransom (fee or wages) and still room for him to improve as just approaching 24.

2 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I have been reading that Utd might be looking to off load Daniel James this transfer window. Still a youngster at 23 and with bags of experience. Fast as fook and can play left or right as he can use both feet. Great player to have in a counter attacking team. Something we need is speed out wide, and this lad is one of the fastest about. He is no slouch having featured in over 70 games for Man U over past two season as a 22/23 year old. 

He would not be a kings ransom (fee or wages) and still room for him to improve as just approaching 24.

I wouldn't be against it if the price was low enough as we need speed, but I also think that's all he is is pace. 

7 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

I wouldn't be against it if the price was low enough as we need speed, but I also think that's all he is is pace. 

other areas can be developed and improved - but pace, you either have it or you don't, same goes for being two footed. 

Given the squad Man U have there must be a bit more to his game if he has been used in so many games. Utd have obviously 'upgraded' by spending £73M on Sancho.  I would guess there would be no need for him to move either, so no real settling in period. 

At the right price I think he could be a nice addition to our squad.

3 hours ago, RuffRob said:

other areas can be developed and improved - but pace, you either have it or you don't, same goes for being two footed. 

Given the squad Man U have there must be a bit more to his game if he has been used in so many games. Utd have obviously 'upgraded' by spending £73M on Sancho.  I would guess there would be no need for him to move either, so no real settling in period. 

At the right price I think he could be a nice addition to our squad.

You say it can be improved but he is 23 years old now and spent God knows how many years being coached on his technique and tactics. Whatever improvement you will see from him won't be significant.

A player like James will suit a certain system and style of play and I am not sure that will be Rafa's. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Hopefully we'll see some movement soon with signings. Then I can see whether I'm going to dislike this era even more or a tiny bit less.

😂, you nutter I can see already this is going to be a fun 21/22 season. COYB 

Surely with a big name manager such as Rafa, all the world class players are lining up to sign with Everton.  Oh wait….I’m still shocked he was seen as a “big name”.  The transfer rumors speak for themselves.  The names we had with Carlo have all dried up and we are getting a former Newcastle player linked now.  Sadly I fear this will be another allardyce that takes years to clean up (hell we still have tosun!!).  Honestly not even sure if I’ll be along for moshiri coaching carousel at that point, I’m becoming despondent with this team

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

Surely with a big name manager such as Rafa, all the world class players are lining up to sign with Everton.  Oh wait….I’m still shocked he was seen as a “big name”.  The transfer rumors speak for themselves.  The names we had with Carlo have all dried up and we are getting a former Newcastle player linked now.  Sadly I fear this will be another allardyce that takes years to clean up (hell we still have tosun!!).  Honestly not even sure if I’ll be along for moshiri coaching carousel at that point, I’m becoming despondent with this team

If it cheers you up, we are still being linked to Koulibaly.

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Fat lot of good it did us getting linked with a lot of supposed big names over the last 2 seasons. I think we can all lament on prior managers shite signings (Koeman - Bolaise?Sandro?, Martinez - Alcaraz? Kone?) but they've likely also had gems but as with life the bad overshadows the good. 

2 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Fat lot of good it did us getting linked with a lot of supposed big names over the last 2 seasons. I think we can all lament on prior managers shite signings (Koeman - Bolaise?Sandro?, Martinez - Alcaraz? Kone?) but they've likely also had gems but as with life the bad overshadows the good. 

james rodriguez and allan signed due to Carlo, they are a cut above.  my point was sadly we won't be seeing signings like that this summer.

16 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

james rodriguez and allan signed due to Carlo, they are a cut above.  my point was sadly we won't be seeing signings like that this summer.

Godfrey was our signing of the season last year and he had the least hype. I’d also say Doucoure was better than Allan and same again.

Have some faith mate - not every signing needs to be a big name or world class player!

5 minutes ago, StevO said:

You can’t just drop your team because you don’t like the change of manager. Well, you might be able to, but I certainly can’t. The managers and owners will come and go, I’ll still be there with the team. And I can’t stand Rafa being our manager, but I’ll be a blue a lot longer than him. 

TBF to mjb, I know what he means. There's a different feeling now. I'll always watch, but at the moment it's not with the same enthusiasm as before. The love will always be there, but to put it simply: it's not enjoyable to watch us now. As fans, we deserve to be able to enjoy what we love because we make the club. 

3 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

TBF to mjb, I know what he means. There's a different feeling now. I'll always watch, but at the moment it's not with the same enthusiasm as before. The love will always be there, but to put it simply: it's not enjoyable to watch us now. As fans, we deserve to be able to enjoy what we love because we make the club. 

I'll be going into the season with exactly the same passion as I have since I was ten (51 years ago); manager, style, boardroom (good or bad) can just fuck off, don't care and give no thought to them when the eleven cross the line.

3 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I'll be going into the season with exactly the same passion as I have since I was ten (51 years ago); manager, style, boardroom (good or bad) can just fuck off, don't care and give no thought to them when the eleven cross the line.

Me too, I support Everton FC, not individuals, and bloody hell we've had some duffers in all positions on and off the field.

50 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

My excitement around the team can go up and down a bit, but if Everton are playing there are only a few things in my life that could get in the way. 

Actually missed the Andy Johnson derby because my sister got married. We haven’t spoken since. 😂 (joke). 
I also missed my first ever game with a season ticket that I paid for myself as an adult with a job as I was on the stag do. 

Ive even been lucky enough to watch Everton get beaten (I think it was Burnley but memories fade) at 36,000 feet above the Atlantic. 

If I’ve misunderstood what @markjazzbassist was saying then apologies to you Mark. It read like you would stop supporting the team if things don’t get better to me, but maybe I’ve read it wrong. 

54 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

54 years through thick and thin, good times and bad, I can completely understand what you and Mark are saying, I’ve said it a thousand times, but I’m still here supporting the team I love, and hope you guys will be next season and every season after. 

34 minutes ago, StevO said:

My excitement around the team can go up and down a bit, but if Everton are playing there are only a few things in my life that could get in the way. 

Actually missed the Andy Johnson derby because my sister got married. We haven’t spoken since. 😂 (joke). 
I also missed my first ever game with a season ticket that I paid for myself as an adult with a job as I was on the stag do. 

Ive even been lucky enough to watch Everton get beaten (I think it was Burnley but memories fade) at 36,000 feet above the Atlantic. 

If I’ve misunderstood what @markjazzbassist was saying then apologies to you Mark. It read like you would stop supporting the team if things don’t get better to me, but maybe I’ve read it wrong. 

Yeah you read it wrong.  I’m not gonna switch allegiances, I do feel despondent though.  Come game day I will watch (am I masochistic??) and I will still support the club.  But I’m feeling hoodwinked.  @Sibdane did a great job of summarizing.  “Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me” or in Everton moshiri parlance fool me 6,7,8 times …..what is wrong with you?!!  Lol.  It’s a sick addiction this club

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Yeah you read it wrong.  I’m not gonna switch allegiances, I do feel despondent though.  Come game day I will watch (am I masochistic??) and I will still support the club.  But I’m feeling hoodwinked.  @Sibdane did a great job of summarizing.  “Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me” or in Everton moshiri parlance fool me 6,7,8 times …..what is wrong with you?!!  Lol.  It’s a sick addiction this club

You’ll get used to it. I reckon I’ve spent more time as an Evertonian being unhappy about the direction the club is heading than I have been happy. 

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

I’m not excited about the season in the slightest, the Euro’s have been a welcome distraction, and I think I’ll be experiencing zero excitement for the first time walking to Goodison for the first game of the season. 

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

You're not alone.