IGNORED

Summer 21 Transfer Window

1 hour ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

It's not as finalised as Barcelona are letting on, they're just putting pressure on the LFP to change the rules (allowing them to pay his wages). I wouldn't be surprised if there are more twists and turns in the Messi saga, he had an extension agreed as recently as yesterday.

PSG are saying they’re discussing terms with him. 

4 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

It's not as finalised as Barcelona are letting on, they're just putting pressure on the LFP to change the rules (allowing them to pay his wages). I wouldn't be surprised if there are more twists and turns in the Messi saga, he had an extension agreed as recently as yesterday.

Yeah I just read a bunch about this I think you are right.  He’s been a free agent since July 1 so City and PSG could have talked to him already, not like they had to wait for this to do so.  Merely a bargaining chip to get Tebas to let them exceed the salary cap and also to advance some deals to get players off the wage bill.  

5 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Never tracks back. What's the point of a goalscorer who can't help out in defence? Priorities, priorities.

Probably tracks back more than Sigurdson!

We have great reputation for taking on Barcelona rejects so he could fit right in!  We have had ex Real Madrid managers in a row though!

I'm sure  he'll look forward to linking up with Seamus down the right side!

Pickford, Begovic

Coleman, Kenny

Keane, godfrey, Mina, Holgate

Digne, Nkounkou

Gbamin, Allan, Delph

Gomes, Doucoure, Davies

Gray, Iwobi, Towsend, James, Richarlison

DCL, Tosun

I'm sorry if I missed anyone but look at the state of that squad. Im absolutely terrified this season and the fact that we haven't brought anymore players in yet in embarrassing. The clubs around us are progressing well and making faily good signings whilst we're hoping for free/cheap players from the teams considered inferior to us. I'll be incredibly surprised if we finish any higher than 12th this season. More to that, get ready to watch some fucking awful football once again.

Oh and to add to that I've heard Thierry Small will be leaving the club, so not only are we not able to bring in good players we are also losing out prospects to the teams around us.

At this stage it is quite difficult to say how many players you would be comfortable starting the majority of matches for us this season. 

The definites would be:

Pickford

Digne

Keane, Mina, Godfrey

Allan, Doucoure

Richarlison, Dom

A lot of the others have a question mark over them. Will Coleman stay fit enough to play 2 games a week? How will Gray, Townsend and to an extent Iwobi get on this season? Which James is going to turn up, the one at the start of last season or the one at the end? How much talent does Gbamin actually possess?

The others are squad players, who can still play their part but not players I would be comfortable relying upon week after week.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Pickford, Begovic

Coleman, Kenny

Keane, godfrey, Mina, Holgate

Digne, Nkounkou

Gbamin, Allan, Delph

Gomes, Doucoure, Davies

Gray, Iwobi, Towsend, James, Richarlison

DCL, Tosun

I'm sorry if I missed anyone but look at the state of that squad. Im absolutely terrified this season and the fact that we haven't brought anymore players in yet in embarrassing. The clubs around us are progressing well and making faily good signings whilst we're hoping for free/cheap players from the teams considered inferior to us. I'll be incredibly surprised if we finish any higher than 12th this season. More to that, get ready to watch some fucking awful football once again.

Oh and to add to that I've heard Thierry Small will be leaving the club, so not only are we not able to bring in good players we are also losing out prospects to the teams around us.

Kean?

19 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

If he leaves then that is one for Brand’s to explain, he should have had this one nailed down months and months ago. 

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

He can't make him sign the contract and it isn't like he can be sold if he doesn't. 

No he can’t but he should have been making sure the lad and his advisors got a contract they were happy to sign, after all Small has been very successful and happy at the club, so you wouldn’t have thought it should have been to difficult for the master negotiator to nail this one. 

3 minutes ago, Palfy said:

No he can’t but he should have been making sure the lad and his advisors got a contract they were happy to sign, after all Small has been very successful and happy at the club, so you wouldn’t have thought it should have been to difficult for the master negotiator to nail this one. 

He is still a young lad and has to fit into the wage structure at the club.

It probably isn't really about money either as I doubt our offer is going to be much different to the other sides he is looking at. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

He’s a Villa fan - he may sign his first pro-contract at his boyhood club. Disappointing for us but not a lot we can do really - he won’t be the first young lad to do this and he certainly won’t be the last.

On 05/08/2021 at 23:12, Zoo 2.0 said:

Seems pretty final right now.