IGNORED

Summer 21 Transfer Window

I think we have a few holes based on last night. These are the guys I would be happy starting regularly.

GK: Pickford & Begovic (sorted)

LB: Digne

RB: Coleman

CBS: Mina, Godfrey, Keane, Holgate (sorted - although I am waiving a little on that now!)

MID: Doucoure / Allan

WIDE: Gray / Townsend / Iwobi / Richarlison

STRIKER: Dom

I think we could get away with few games with Kenny, but if Coleman picks up an injury we are going to struggle. The same applies to the midfield, if one of those two goes down, we yet again have to rely on "the unreliables" of Davies, Gomes and Gbamin (and Delph). 

We probably just about have enough cover in the forward positions, but again, get an injury to Dom or Richarlison and it looks weak again.

If the squad looks similar after the window closes, I think we need to have a collective pray for no injuries.

8 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I’m not one for bashing players but kenny isn’t a premier league player and never will be. We need a right back massively. I think we will get a least 3 players in. The last day is going to be mad. 

Always wanted Kenny to make it here but after being given quite a few chances he's only proved that he's not good enough, sadly.

12 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I’m not one for bashing players but kenny isn’t a premier league player and never will be. We need a right back massively. I think we will get a least 3 players in. The last day is going to be mad. 

Love your optimism, FB.

We'll sign Shelvey on loan and call it a day

3 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Love your optimism, FB.

We'll sign Shelvey on loan and call it a day

Bruce would rather sell his nutsack.  Shelvey is the first name on his teamsheet.

3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

30m for ramsdale!!???  Wtf is going on at Arsenal.  We got a steal in begovic for a pittance, I don’t see much different between the 2.  Are they that bad off that they are overpaying for average players?

Well, age.  Does look like a joke of a fee for him, but I'm not a GK expert.  Begovic is an able shot stopper, but poor with his feet and underwhelming on commanding his box and taking crosses.  Don't think he would actually start for anyone in the league. 

3 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

Bruce would rather sell his nutsack.  Shelvey is the first name on his teamsheet.

I just cant imagine (thank God) the kind of depraved fucked up weirdo that would want to own Bruce's nutsack.

I would just hope that they are in a very secure institution, without the possibility of being released into society, ever. 🤣 😱

21 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

30m for ramsdale!!???  Wtf is going on at Arsenal.  We got a steal in begovic for a pittance, I don’t see much different between the 2.  Are they that bad off that they are overpaying for average players?

Especially when you consider they sold Martinez the season before to Villa for less money.

I think we need to be prepared that it might be a rather underwhelming end to the transfer window for us. Unless we can offload some of our high earners, we're not going to be able to bring in much of anything. 

Only way I can really see us having cash to splash is if Mbappe goes to Madrid (which is looking more likely) and PSG goes in for Richarlison. Otherwise, I think we're going to struggle to find buyers for some of our first team guys that we're trying to get rid of.

3 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I think we need to be prepared that it might be a rather underwhelming end to the transfer window for us. Unless we can offload some of our high earners, we're not going to be able to bring in much of anything. 

Only way I can really see us having cash to splash is if Mbappe goes to Madrid (which is looking more likely) and PSG goes in for Richarlison. Otherwise, I think we're going to struggle to find buyers for some of our first team guys that we're trying to get rid of.

If the team remains the same and nobody bar Delph leaves then there is no point in buying players of low quality to sit on the bench and take up wages, unless we can buy someone of real quality then I would be happy to go through the season with the team we have, and let Rafa get a better tune out of them than Ancelotti did. 

1 minute ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Yeah, looks like he'll be back at Old Trafford. 

What a crazy fucking window this has been. And I'm sure the last few days are gonna be bonkers.

It's been the craziest window I've known for a good number of years; Messi and Ronaldo moving and potentially Mbappe too :lol:

Nailed on that he goes to United, Fabrizio Romano reporting it and Sky Sports breaking that the deal is close. 

It's been confirmed that he's left Italy, he was seen boarding his private jet a few hours ago, presumably for Manchester - I just know that when we come to play United at home my wife will be angling for a ticket :shakingfist:...

3 days for the window. If Moise Kean goes and allows us to fund a RB and this winger from the Portuguese league I’ll be happy. If Rafa thinks he can get a tune out of Rondon I’m okay with that however I would expect Richarlison to go to CF and a winger into the 11 first.

8 hours ago, Btay said:

3 days for the window. If Moise Kean goes and allows us to fund a RB and this winger from the Portuguese league I’ll be happy. If Rafa thinks he can get a tune out of Rondon I’m okay with that however I would expect Richarlison to go to CF and a winger into the 11 first.

A loan for Moise Kean is not going to all of a sudden free up the money to sign two players, one of whom will likely go for at least £30m. 

Because of covid, more teams have less money. So in a typical window, maybe we'd be able to find suitors for James, Kenny, Delph, etc. I just don't see it happening this window. If James' wages are putting off the Porto deal, what other team is going to take those on?

Think we need to be prepared for a quiet end to the window.

6 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

A loan for Moise Kean is not going to all of a sudden free up the money to sign two players, one of whom will likely go for at least £30m. 

Because of covid, more teams have less money. So in a typical window, maybe we'd be able to find suitors for James, Kenny, Delph, etc. I just don't see it happening this window. If James' wages are putting off the Porto deal, what other team is going to take those on?

Think we need to be prepared for a quiet end to the window.

If there’s an agreed fee at the end though that’s money in the books which surely adds to the transfer budget.

Regardless we need a RB desperately.

Guess at where we end up in a few hours: Maitland-Niles on loan and Rondon on a free. We find loans for Kenny and James. Swansea just sold their RB to Burnley so that could be a perfect fit for Kenny. James i'll guess Napoli, Galatasaray or Monaco. 

Pretty sure I'm correct in saying we have more time to loan Branthwaite and Gordon if we choose to.