IGNORED

Summer 21 Transfer Window

I get the feeling we are just clearing out the deadwood to make room on the wage bill before making at least one big signing

Im still hopeful ( yes I know that’s what kills you!) of this being a good window for us

Basie,Besic,Walcott and Bernard already gone and rumours of exits for Gomes, Tosun, Delph (🙏🙏🙏) and James ( hope not) leaving should surely give us some wriggle room with FFP?

8 hours ago, Palfy said:

You couldn’t pick a worse company in the world as a shining example of a good business, unless you are a hardened capitalist who puts profits be for lives. Please read ZME Science report on why Nestle is one of the the most hated companies in the world, it cannot bear to shock you unless you are a raving capitalist or arsehole, great example of companies with huge debt operate to keep shareholders happy and the company afloat. 
zmescience.com search for why is Nestle one of the most hated companies in the world.  

Wow that article is unbalanced :lol: 

But that wasnt the point. My point was that debt isn't necessarily a bad thing in big business. If you have any examples of a ethical, for-profit company, I'll check the debts of them too. But end of the day, debt does not necessarily mean bad. Simple as that. 

Encouraged by the 3 signings for a net spend of 1.5 million. Whether we like it or not we have to assume we're done signing wingers so our only major hole left to fill is RB. While most of us expect Kean gone, he's the backup ST we need until he officially leaves. 

GK: Pickford Begovic J Virginia
RB: Coleman Kenny
CB: Godfrey Keane Mina Holgate Branthwaite
LB: Digne Nkounkou
CM: Allan Doucoure Delph Gomes Gbamin Davies
Wingers: Richarlison Gray Iwobi Gordon Townsend 
No10: James Siggy
ST: DCL Kean Tosun

Perfect world: buy Dumfries or Aarons, buy Kouliabaly or Lenglet, buy McNeil or Saint-Maximin, buy backup ST. Sell Keane Delph Gomes Iwobi Kean Tosun. Loan J Virginia Kenny Branthwaite Gordon. 

Minimum: buy Dumfries or Aarons. Sell Delph Iwobi Tosun. Loan J Virginia Kenny Branthwaite Gordon. 

Well it's not going well so far is it? Gray and Townsend whilst Villa sign Buendia and probably Bailey. These are the players we should be going for. It's difficult to have any hope of achieving anything this season. It's been a bit embarrassing from the minute Ancelotti left really with obvious things out of the club's control but nevertheless many things fully in the club's control.

I don’t think it’s anywhere near as bad as you think.

Goalkeeper cover, which was needed.

winger that can cross, which we were desperate for.

An option for a 10 that was fast and tricky, and can also easily play on a wing. 

I honestly don’t think we’re that far away.

As for Bailey. Is he any good?

6 hours ago, Aidan said:

Well it's not going well so far is it? Gray and Townsend whilst Villa sign Buendia and probably Bailey. These are the players we should be going for. It's difficult to have any hope of achieving anything this season. It's been a bit embarrassing from the minute Ancelotti left really with obvious things out of the club's control but nevertheless many things fully in the club's control.

Villa are selling Grealish and have probably known that all summer. If we knew that we were selling say Richarlison then I am sure you'd see more of what you expect.

8 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Villa are selling Grealish and have probably known that all summer. If we knew that we were selling say Richarlison then I am sure you'd see more of what you expect.

57 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Like when we sold Lukaku? I honestly don't believe that.

We'd have waited until the player was sold and everyone knew we were flush with money before doing any business. Because, Everton.

On 31/07/2021 at 19:18, MikeO said:

Think he sometimes posts some sense, but inconsistent for me, needs to work on his prose.

🤣

I am slightly received we haven't signed him.

I would start getting a complex when people post that Bailey has no stamina, is bad in the box and keeps missing the target! 

On 22/07/2021 at 12:48, Matt said:

Just for anyone who doesn't understand that debt isn't necessarily bad, here's Nestles total debt; $40b. 

https://www.wsj.com/market-data/quotes/NSRGY/financials

Yet they're considered one of the most profitable and successful companies around. 🤔

Plus they are headquartered in one of the most beautiful sounding places on earth: Vevey. I remember staying in Villeneuve for a week and attending a conference daily in Geneve. The conductor on the train both ways was a woman, and she spoke the name Vevey in a most sensuous way!

14 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Plus they are headquartered in one of the most beautiful sounding places on earth: Vevey. I remember staying in Villeneuve for a week and attending a conference daily in Geneve. The conductor on the train both ways was a woman, and she spoke the name Vevey in a most sensuous way!

My old home :crying: