IGNORED

Summer 21 Transfer Window

11 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I just have this sinking feeling that it'll be Rondon and Maitland-Niles in, and nothing going out. And our transfer window will close with a whimper

Weird thing is a lot of our fans are happy with this. Imagine if we still had Ancelotti, no way would we be happy bringing in the players we have. It's like Rafa coming has lowered our expectations. Nsno straight out the window.

5 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Weird thing is a lot of our fans are happy with this. Imagine if we still had Ancelotti, no way would we be happy bringing in the players we have. It's like Rafa coming has lowered our expectations. Nsno straight out the window.

I don't think fans are happy about it, Pete. I for one would love some splashy incomings. But fans are understanding that this is what we get for all of our horrible spending over the last few years.

Rafa has not lowered expectations, you're just a sour-puss stick-in-the-mud.

2 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I don't think fans are happy about it, Pete. I for one would love some splashy incomings. But fans are understanding that this is what we get for all of our horrible spending over the last few years.

Before Rafa took over would any of our fans got rid of James for Townsend?

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

4 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

If you want I can keep spelling it out for you.

4 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I would've gone with miserable fucker but to each their own :D

Pete has a point to a degree, but at the same time Pete, assuming the lying bastard was still here, he would attract names only. We've got no money to buy anyone so, yeah, we probably would've still been bargain shopping. Probably one of the reasons he fucked off, he knew he wasn't going to get the financial backing. 

1 minute ago, dunlopp9987 said:

If you want I can keep spelling it out for you.

Billionaire owner with a billionaire best friend helping us through a loophole in sponsoring. Our net spend is less than Aston villas and they're not looking round for freebies.

Just now, pete0 said:

Just as we did with Lukaku and Stones. Do you know what 'net spend' means?

That was several years ago? 

15 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Before Rafa took over I was thinking we were buying Koulibaily for £50m.   given the shitty circumstances I now understand why we have Rafa and I'm fine with the business and decisions he is making. 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Before Rafa took over I was thinking we were buying Koulibaily for £50m.   given the shitty circumstances I now understand why we have Rafa and I'm fine with the business and decisions he is making. 

But how have we gone from having £50m to back one manager to being unable to back the next one. 

At the same time people are saying our hands are tied financially we're still getting linked with £30m players.

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

But how have we gone from having £50m to back one manager to being unable to back the next one. 

At the same time people are saying our hands are tied financially we're still getting linked with £30m players.

Koulibaily was clearly paper talk.  One wide player it seems is the budget. 

The lack of a proper Everton (not loan) RB to succeed Coleman is a crime that has been committed since the Steve Walsh days.  Brands whole entire tenure we have needed to fill that hole, and it looks to be another year without filling.  Absolutely criminal.  Coleman will get injured, he will miss time, it’s a fact, I love the guy but he’s old and has a lot of miles on that body.

10 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

The lack of a proper Everton (not loan) RB to succeed Coleman is a crime that has been committed since the Steve Walsh days.  Brands whole entire tenure we have needed to fill that hole, and it looks to be another year without filling.  Absolutely criminal.  Coleman will get injured, he will miss time, it’s a fact, I love the guy but he’s old and has a lot of miles on that body.

It really is shocking. They either must not rate Aarons or Norwich priced them out of a move. I thought for sure after the Dumfries deal fell through that we'd go after Aarons.

Just now, Bill said:

We might struggle to get top half again this season, Leicester, Wet Spam, and Aston Villa, have done good things in this window put them behind the top six and we struggle to get Tenth. 

It's because they all have money. Don't know how many times it needs to be said, but we're trying to balance the books after years of misspending. Leicester and West Ham both have European football this season and Villa have the Grealish money.

1 minute ago, dunlopp9987 said:

It's because they all have money. Don't know how many times it needs to be said, but we're trying to balance the books after years of misspending. Leicester and West Ham both have European football this season and Villa have the Grealish money.

Is why I'm saying we might struggle. 😎

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Apologies @Palfy, you double posted here so I deleted one of them while it seems you (or someone else) deleted the other, bad timing.

He was basically saying that PSG want to win the CL this year at any cost.

No problem mate shit happens I could think of a lot more I’d rather you deleted 😀