IGNORED

West Brom (Away) Thursday 4th March

MikeO

I'll fooking take that!! Little bit of luck at the end. I will sing 1-0 to the Everton for the rest of the season, if thats what it takes. I can wait until next season for 'flowing' football. 

3 wins on the bounce, currently top 4 with the game in hand played, not playing our best either and a few players to come back in.  A case of chalking off now to the end off the season and we are where we want to be. 

Cheslea, Liverpool or both are about to drop some points tonight. 

An awful performance from us for most of that game.

The defence didn't handle Diagne at all - Keane did slightly better with him but that's easily Godfrey's worst game since his debut against the shite. Holgate was as he's been for much of this season - up and down and not great on the ball. Digne was ok.

Bernard was the only midfielder that contributed in the first half and was mostly bright. Gomes got better as the game went on but he was atrocious in the first half. Doucoure was sloppy. We saw Iwoeful again.

DCL worked but he was disappointing for me. Richarlison was much the better of our forwards and deserved his goal.

It's another three points, though, and into the top 4 we go.

4 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I'll fooking take that!! Little bit of luck at the end. I will sing 1-0 to the Everton for the rest of the season, if thats what it takes. I can wait until next season for 'flowing' football. 

3 wins on the bounce, currently top 4 with the game in hand played, not playing our best either and a few players to come back in.  A case of chalking off now to the end off the season and we are where we want to be. 

Cheslea, Liverpool or both are about to drop some points tonight. 

0-0 would be good with a few Chelsea injuries ( minor of course ) 

6 minutes ago, Btay said:

Gomes to his credit made 16 ball recoveries the most since Gana (19) over 3 years ago... 

He did grow into the game, and by the end he was looking more like the Gomes that was much improved before he was out for that one game. He definitely isn't a player that can miss a game (through injury or rotation) and then just hit the ground running.

Another awful performance on the whole. Lots of effort but the tactics and quality on show is really poor. I dont think I have seen us play so badly three games in a row and pick up nine points. It is incredible. 

Pickford got a little lucky in my opinion. He made one great save but on two occasions he made a meal of things and it didn't matter.

Holgate was his usual self. Inconsistent.

Keane was ok but he didn't deal with their centre forward at all.

Godfrey was really poor all game. So negative and hesitant. He was so lucky at the end too. I have said it so many times on here that he gets caught deep and doesnt push out and he was a millimetre away from it costing us 2 points. He needs to find some aggression because when he does he is a much better player. 

Digne was ok today, nothing good, nothing bad.

The midfield was a bit of a mess. Another inconsistent game from Doucoure, Gomes was a rollercoaster with some really nice bits of play and then some dreadful bits too, and for me Bernard had a bit of a nothing performance. It was noticeable that we sharpened up a bit once Allan came on. 

I feel bit sorry for Iwobi. He spent most of the night defending and then when he did get the ball he didnt have a lot on. There was one chance he should have made a lot more of on the counter. It felt a bit like he was hung out to dry.

Of the front two, Richarlison was much the best again. The goal was more or less called by @Zoo 2.0 before the game and he made sure he put it away. I thought his work rate was something else, there were a number of times he got back in to cut off a passing line causing the West Brom counter to go back to their own goal.

Dom had a similar night to Gomes. He played quite nicely when he got the ball deeper and could turn and run into space but he should have done loads more with his first chance and his second was a half chance too. His ball to Gomes was miles off too as he gave AMN the opportunity to get back. 

The only real positives from the night were that Allan got some more minutes under his belt and that by taking the 3 points, we move one step closer to a top 4 spot and also push Allardyce one step closer to being relegated. 

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He did grow into the game, and by the end he was looking more like the Gomes that was much improved before he was out for that one game. He definitely isn't a player that can miss a game (through injury or rotation) and then just hit the ground running.

I agree and I think Iwobi is the same as well.