IGNORED

Chelsea (Away) 16th December

dunlopp9987

Based on available players here's my team:

Pickford

Kenny   Holgate   Keane   Godfrey   (would rather have Digne but doubt it)

Allan (hopefully)   Doucoure   Gomes

Gray               Rondon                 Gordon

A subs bench containnig Iwobi, Tosun, Gbamin,Branthwaite and Simms!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rafa not play Kenny and switch Godfrey to right and play Delph left back.

Surely a chance for kenny to get a game, he may prove to us why he never gets picked but surely got to be worth a game seeing as he's the only fit right back.

Richarlison's injury awful timing with DCL not quite back.

1 hour ago, FairWooney said:

Based on available players here's my team:

Pickford

Kenny   Holgate   Keane   Godfrey   (would rather have Digne but doubt it)

Allan (hopefully)   Doucoure   Gomes

Gray               Rondon                 Gordon

A subs bench containnig Iwobi, Tosun, Gbamin,Branthwaite and Simms!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rafa not play Kenny and switch Godfrey to right and play Delph left back.

Surely a chance for kenny to get a game, he may prove to us why he never gets picked but surely got to be worth a game seeing as he's the only fit right back.

Richarlison's injury awful timing with DCL not quite back.

Christ. Looking at that lineup, is it any wonder why we are where we are?

Seriously can’t believe how thin we are. If Digne doesn’t play I’m just about done with Rafa given our injuries, especially after all his team first talk

Pickford 

Godfrey   Holgate    Keane   Digne 

Allan         Gomes

Gordon          Doucoure            Gray 

Rondon 

If there’s a time for Gordon to step up, or Gomes to remind people why barca signed him or even Holgate to replicate even a shred of form that had us nervous about Man City this wouldn’t be a bad time.

And if we really want to push it, Iwobi might come on and look like a footballer.

57 minutes ago, RPG said:

Interesting that we have the same starting 11, just in a different formation. Probably an indication of how desperately short of fit bodies we are. Surely Digne has to play if fit.

Yeah just the thought of any of the guys you mentioned playing as a RWB scares the shit out of me. 

If we play some shoe horned back 4 while Digne sits on his arse I’ll be fuming.

Do you play Doucoure in this game or keep him for Leicester? - he is on 4 yellows so a yellow against Chelsea and he missed the game at the weekend.

I think whoever we put on the pitch tomorrow was are getting beat at Chelsea, so not sure their is a point in risking him. Not sure how much key players should put in to this game with a run of games and teams coming up. 

3 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Do you play Doucoure in this game or keep him for Leicester? - he is on 4 yellows so a yellow against Chelsea and he missed the game at the weekend.

I think whoever we put on the pitch tomorrow was are getting beat at Chelsea, so not sure their is a point in risking him. Not sure how much key players should put in to this game with a run of games and teams coming up. 

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Rafa doesn't select him, the #RafaOut crew go apeshit. If he does select him and he picks up a yellow, we lose that engine for Leicester and likely lose.

1 hour ago, RPG said:

I would like to say save Doucoure for Leicester but who would we replace him with? We are already down to bare bones and a midfield of Allan Delph and Gomes doesn't seem to work too well. Whatever we do v Chelsea we are screwed so lets just write the game off, save Doucoure and hide behind the sofa!

Agreed, a result away against Chelsea is unlikely, a home game against Leicester more realistic, they’ve not been great until last weekend, who plays tonight though, midfield in particular is a real problem.

2 hours ago, Isaiah said:

Chelsea team's been gutted by Covid apparently, chance the game may be called off (Tottenham against Leicester is due to be called of soon according to reports)

Won’t make any difference how many first team, reserves or under 18’s have Covid for Chelsea.

Their under 15’s will beat the team we are putting out tonight. 

Pickford

Holgate  Keane  Branthwaite  Godfrey

Delph    Gomes

Iwobi        Gbamin/Onyango    Grey

Rondon

In arses against the wall games, last year we seemed to do OK with four CB as the back like. This really is a park the bus type of game.

At the back with Coleman and Digne not starting perfect chance to get Branthwaite involved. Doucoure can be rested and give either Gbamin or the youngster Onyango a crack slightly higher up the pitch. 

Genuinely feel that the City and Leeds game was foreshadowing what's to come tonight. The best result we could hope for is a P-P... 

Expect it to get a bit ugly to be honest, I had Chelsea down to win the title before the season started and despite a few bumps I think they'll be right up there. 4-0 at HT before adding a couple more in the second half IMO tonight.

Going to open the whiskey now in the hope that it confuses me into cheering and supporting the team in blue come KO.