IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

38 minutes ago, Shukes said:

He put drinks behind the bar! 
Don’t you think this at least deserves a go till the end of the season?

I mean did Alex Ferguson ever do that? Does Pep do this?

I don’t think so! It’s not all about what happens on the pitch you know.

Bribery shouldn’t be a reason to keep your job especially if I haven’t benefited. 

2 hours ago, badaids said:

Does anyone know if ‘Wolf’ from Gladiators is available? ‘Wolf’ from Gladiators May have no direct football  experience but ‘Wolf’ from Gladiators’ record on Gladiators speaks for itself. ´Wolf’ from Gladiators’ ‘Wolf’ power might be just the thing we need to propel us up the league and get that Europa league slot this season. Just imagine us running out from the tunnel before a game with ‘Wolf’ from Gladiators leading the charge, with the theme from Gladiators belting out over the tannoy. Are you really telling me that’s a sight you don’t want to see?

You can be my assistant! Another genius in the waiting.

7 minutes ago, BedfordBlue said:

Then in that case the board don't seem to get any say anyway 

Sack the board... OK, great. 

Lets get in all these educated and highly thought of replacements... Fantastic great idea. 

Now Mohsiri take a back seat and listen to them... Club sorted... until Mohsiri goes and buys Bale for £50 mil and £500k a week wages to spend all season on the physio table.

8 minutes ago, badaids said:

Kovac has jumped massively in the odds today. Still only 20-1, but what has caused the big rise? Interview or something. I’d never really heard of him before this thread.

El Bobble was saying that they had a 5 person list for interviews that included Martinez, Lampard, Kovac, Cannavaro, and Rooney.

Not sure if that list has grown or shrunk or if all of them have or will be interviewed but the media has also been talking about those names as well.

46 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Does anyone think there is a manager out there who is going to come in and sort this team and results out. 

Yeh I think there are managers capable.

I think you can look at the improvements made by Vieira and Lage this season to see that even unconsidered managers can make a difference. 

Ideally though you would hope a new manager would have the transfer window to work with and that is my biggest concern. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Sack the board... OK, great. 

Lets get in all these educated and highly thought of replacements... Fantastic great idea. 

Now Mohsiri take a back seat and listen to them... Club sorted... until Mohsiri goes and buys Bale for £50 mil and £500k a week wages to spend all season on the physio table.

It wasn't me who wanted the board sacked 

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

Does anyone think there is a manager out there who is going to come in and sort this team and results out. 

I think there is a person out there who could probably save us from relegation, but faced with the grisly prospect, many will prefer relegation...

In terms of sorting the team out, I don't think there is any manager who could. It will require a summer rebuild and new recruitment.

3 minutes ago, Formby said:

I think there is a person out there who could probably stave us from relegation, but faced with the grisly prospect, many will prefer relegation...

In terms of sorting the team out, I don't there is any manager who could. It will require a summer rebuild and new recruitment.

We need to find the right man soon just a week left on the transfer window, and I haven’t seen anyone mentioned that I believe has everything required to steer this ship. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Lampard it is then I guess

As I wrote even before Benitez left, having thought about it for a while, Lampard is probably the best option right now. When I thought Martinez was an option, I got behind that, but it's clear he'd be too controversial.

Lampard has real Premier League experience and, since it was his first Prem coaching role, I thought he did well. (Tuchel benefited from good timing, as I remember, because he started with a run of very winnable games.) At this point, Lampard has a lot to prove and would jump right in.

I understand the emotional vote for Rooney, but he just doesn't have the experience. It would be a huge risk. So would an outsider with no real experience of the Premier league.

Incidentally, when I thought this through maybe two-three weeks ago, the only other person I would have considered (but his name has never come up) is Corberan (now at Huddersfield). Is he the real reason why Bielsa appeared to do so well after Leeds were promoted?

1 minute ago, Cornish Steve said:

As I wrote even before Benitez left, having thought about it for a while, Lampard is probably the best option right now. When I thought Martinez was an option, I got behind that, but it's clear he'd be too controversial.

Lampard has real Premier League experience and, since it was his first coaching role, I thought he did well. (Tuchel benefited from good timing, as I remember, because he started with a run of very winnable games.) At this point, Lampard has a lot to prove and would jump right in.

I understand the emotional vote for Rooney, but he just doesn't have the experience. It would be a huge risk. So would an outsider with no real experience of the Premier league.

Incidentally, when I thought this through maybe two-three weeks ago, the only person I would have considered (but his name has never come up) is Corberan (now at Huddersfield). Is he the real reason why Bielsa appeared to do so well after Leeds were promoted?

He was manager at Derby before Chelsea. 

7 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Another one who boasts of managing in China! The guy's record is poor, and it's scraping the barrel when a quoted highlight is being "Villas-Boas’s assistant".

Just now, Palfy said:

He was manager at Derby before Chelsea. 

I wanted him before Benitez got the job said so a few times if you care to look, and got shot down by everybody who cared to respond to my posts, unbelievably some of them are now possibly touting for him now, as long as you know there’s a hell of a lot of people on here with short memories Steve you can pretty much say what you want because it won’t be remembered, most can’t even remember what they said so to think there going to remember what you said isn’t going to happen😂