IGNORED

Next Manager

MC11

10 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Don't get me wrong there's a lot to love if it is Bielsa - for one, he'll demand it contractually that Moshiri, Bill etc keep their noses out - and I am liking the idea for it to happen now to a certain extent. I'm just not sure my sanity can take the further hammering it'll likely to get until the end of the season!

Where did you get that from? The bit around keeping noses out etc? 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Where did you get that from? The bit around keeping noses out etc? 

It was from a Leeds fan talking about how he'd be good for us. He also demands his players do community work that is the equivalent to how long a person would have to work to afford a match ticket so that they know just what it means for people to come and watch them play.

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

We don’t have the players for his all action style and we don’t have the available finances or time to bring in the players to make it work.

So on that basis I can only see it being a total disaster.

At this late stage, whether it's Bielsa or Dyche, it's more about galvanising the team and trying to get the seven wins (or so) that we need. No time for either of them to truly implement a system. Our squad is awful so it will require a mad genius to get anything from them. I would go with Bielsa and trust to magic (and trying to score) than hope Dyche can eke out seven 1-0 wins. 

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It was from a Leeds fan talking about how he'd be good for us. He also demands his players do community work that is the equivalent to how long a person would have to work to afford a match ticket so that they know just what it means for people to come and watch them play.

The more I hear, the more I like.

I'm going to list a few more reasons why Bielsa would be good after posting about those two, because they made me feel a bit better about things and I'm sick of feeling shit about Everton.

His training methods would see Mina off once and for all. Get that bloke a wheelchair, stat!

If anyone was underperforming he'd have no problem drop kicking them out of the team and playing a youth player.

He's a mad bastard.

He embeds himself into the community and gives all of himself to the job.

He believes in his methods 100%.

When his methods are working it is very enjoyable to be a part of.

I've talked myself into this one so when we inevitably hire someone else you'll find me in a dark room muttering to myself :lol:.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I have just read the post from the Leeds fan - and actually makes me warm more to the idea of Bielsa - he does seem a down to earth 'working class' fella, no bullshit kind of guy. He would definitely sort out sort the men from the boys and lay out some home truths. Also seems to be very interested in the development of the youth etc. Transfer wise, if he is demanding that incoming players are have to be hard working and passionate for the shirt they wear - then that can't be a bad thing. 

Bielsa does sound like he'd fit in at our club, if everything about him is true.

The players won't know what hit them.

If we get him and can't shoot our way out of trouble, then at least he's got sound experience in the Championship and will get a chance to 'rebuild'...although probs on a tight budget. Which he had at Leeds anyway, I think??

28 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

The infuriating thing is that we had the perfect opportunity to get bielsa, when we broke for World Cup. 6 weeks of working the players to a fitness level he requires. 

shoddy

I don't know, Frank as the incumbent deserved a chance to work with the players a bit longer given a lot arrived late in the transfer window. We all knew if was going to be a tough first few months, especially with Dom out and Richy gone. The run before the world cup was not great, it but would have been a big call to sack him just on those. There was also plenty of good will in the fanbase for the trigger not to be pulled.

However, I don't think anybody though (Frank included) that the post World Cup for would be as bad as it been given the teams played. Frank can't have too many complaint after what has happened post World Cup. No manager can now look at the club and say 'they don't give you a fair chance'.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

5 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I don't know, Frank as the incumbent deserved a chance to work with the players a bit longer given a lot arrived late in the transfer window. We all knew if was going to be a tough first few months, especially with Dom out and Richy gone. The run before the world cup was not great, it but would have been a big call to sack him just on those. There was also plenty of good will in the fanbase for the trigger not to be pulled.

However, I don't think anybody though (Frank included) that the post World Cup for would be as bad as it been given the teams played. Frank can't have too many complaint after what has happened post World Cup. No manager can now look at the club and say 'they don't give you a fair chance'.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

Losing back to back to Bournemouth with zero ideas or plans was game over for me. 

I have no problem with Bielsa as long as he is also the 'clubs' choice (i.e Thelwall and his team are on board with it) and the pair can work in tandem, working toward the same end long term strategy that should now be in place.

I must not be a Moshiri vetoed choice of manager. 

I mainly want young, hungry players that stay fit coming through these doors, it should like that is the clubs current preferred option. I sounds to me that these are Bielsa's type as well.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

There are reports we've held talks with Allardyce about returning.

Kill me now.

Hmmm. Just read that.

Beggers can't be choosers. He did finish 8th with us. He would keep us up.

BUT...what a fuckin horrible nightmare that would be.

Maybe we just need to realise/accept our level 🤷‍♂️

17 minutes ago, Formby said:

How low is our level exactly? Have we hit bottom yet? To crawl back to Allardyce knowing the fan base hate him and he hates us, knowing that he will bleed us for what he can, seems pretty abject.

Don’t think I could cope with that appointment. Shameful when we did it last time. I’d just quit football if we did it again. 

21 minutes ago, Formby said:

How low is our level exactly? Have we hit bottom yet? To crawl back to Allardyce knowing the fan base hate him and he hates us, knowing that he will bleed us for what he can, seems pretty abject.

I agree.

Our level, as in me and you, isn't that low. The people who run the club and make the decisions? Not sure.

Have we hit bottom yet?....I'd say yes to be honest. And I wouldn't put it past the decision makers to see a team joint bottom in the league, with only 3 wins all season, see how he got us 8th last time and view that as a luxury.

Don't forget, these guys appointed Benitez. A guy with a history of causing havoc at clubs. They let him do the same here then sacked him once he'd done his usual dirty work.

Serious question for everyone...hypothetical...take relegation or take that man and avoid relegation?

1 minute ago, Newty82 said:

I agree.

Our level, as in me and you, isn't that low. The people who run the club and make the decisions? Not sure.

Have we hit bottom yet?....I'd say yes to be honest. And I wouldn't put it past the decision makers to see a team joint bottom in the league, with only 3 wins all season, see how he got us 8th last time and view that as a luxury.

Don't forget, these guys appointed Benitez. A guy with a history of causing havoc at clubs. They let him do the same here then sacked him once he'd done his usual dirty work.

Serious question for everyone...hypothetical...take relegation or take that man and avoid relegation?

Why would you do this to me?

The very definition of ‘a rock and a hard place’ 

3 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

I agree.