IGNORED

Man of the Match v Brentford (FA Cup 4th round)

MikeO

MOTM v Brentford  

31 members have voted

1. 1. HYS

• Jordan Pickford
    • Seamus Coleman
    • Ben Godfrey
    • Mason Holgate
    • Michael Keane
    • Vitaliy Mykolenko
    • André Gomes
    • Allan
    • Anthony Gordon
    • Demarai Gray
    • Richarlison
    • Yerry Mina
    • Jonjoe Kenny
    • Andros Townsend
    • Cenk Tosun
    • Alex Iwobi

good performance all round but i'll go with the early votes, Gomes put in a good performance, looked to drive forward and look for balls forward all the time.  Didn't always come off but always looking.  Hopefully keeps that up and challenges for a spot in the team.

Gordon, Gray and Richarlison all did a good job in attack, good pressing and pressure on their defence all the time.

Defensively we still looked a bit ropey but lots of positives to be had.  We looked decent on the ball, had a good bit of purpose in attack and unusually scored off of 2 set pieces!

Much more enjoyable watch us working the ball around than constantly sitting back like under Rafa.

I’ve seen so much shit defending the last fella saying you can’t do anything with these players, they are all shit, they don’t care, they have no quality. It might have been Brentford, but a team without DCL or Doucoure, had Godfrey go off injured early on, had about four days training with Frank. Suddenly these shit players can pass a ball, control a game, one touch passing, build play right across the pitch, and most importantly score four goals!

Either Frank is a wizard or the other fella was not as good as he claimed. 

Frank has got me hooked again, if we win on Tuesday I’m not sure I can handle the optimism. 

Also, Andre Gomes looked like Andre Gomes today. That was lovely to see. When he’s confident he looks taller, stronger, faster, more of this please. 

29 minutes ago, StevO said:

I’ve seen so much shit defending the last fella saying you can’t do anything with these players, they are all shit, they don’t care, they have no quality. It might have been Brentford, but a team without DCL or Doucoure, had Godfrey go off injured early on, had about four days training with Frank. Suddenly these shit players can pass a ball, control a game, one touch passing, build play right across the pitch, and most importantly score four goals! 

It was never about the players' ability (excluding Rondon, Delph, and now, sadly, Coleman). It was about their attitude and their confidence. Those two things you can coach, and I am similarly excited.

41 minutes ago, StevO said:

Either Frank is a wizard or the other fella was not as good as he claimed. 

Frank has got me hooked again, if we win on Tuesday I’m not sure I can handle the optimism. 

Also, Andre Gomes looked like Andre Gomes today. That was lovely to see. When he’s confident he looks taller, stronger, faster, more of this please. 

I think there is more to it than that. We have seen these players down tools in games and collectively be called out for lack of effort.

If every player approached the game like Allan, Gordon and Richy we would not have struggled as much.

there is no doubt that management has been poor too. 

Great difference in the way we played yesterday from previous games.

I haven't enjoyed watching us recently but it was like a breadth of fresh air at Goodison yesterday, such a pleasant feeling.  Lots of good performances from us but i will just mention two.

Gordon... seems to be getting better and better with every game, I like watching him play.

Gomes ... looked a class player again, the team were told to "Love the ball', well he certainly did because nobody was going to take it off him a really classy performance and my MOTM.