IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

I'd better give the correct answers. Left to right, the shoes belong to...

Top row: Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce
Middle row: Dyche, Lampard, Silva
Bottom row: Moyes, Benitez, Ancelotti

Allardyce's shoes, worn during an interview, were outrageous. Ancelotti's appear to be made of Italian leather. Martinez, Moyes, and Benitez all wore brown.

First half I thought we did well. That VAR decision left us dead and it was obvious that there was no plan B. Why he waited for subs I don't know. Why we didn't just lump it forward at Onana, who is just a showstopper and can't deal with pressure, was baffling. I know we weren't expected to win this, even though I thought we would, I expected a fight second half and it didn't come. 

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

First half I thought we did well. That VAR decision left us dead and it was obvious that there was no plan B. Why he waited for subs I don't know. Why we didn't just lump it forward at Onana, who is just a showstopper and can't deal with pressure, was baffling. I know we weren't expected to win this, even though I thought we would, I expected a fight second half and it didn't come. 

The subs thing baffled me today. In previous games I could see why he'd be reluctant to make changes but it made no sense today at all.

I will say though that period from about 15 minutes to 40 minutes is was exactly what I feel is an “Everton” style of play. We pressed well, won the ball up the pitch, crosses & passes in to the box. It was controlled aggression in defence and some of the play with the ball was excellent.

4 or so golden chances - I can understand the situation got to the players but we have to turn the corner on finishing. DCL, Doucoure, McNeil & Gana all should have buried theirs.

7 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Dyche could win the league and you'd find 3 things to critique

well… I think that’s the purpose of having a forum with opinions….

You think he managed the game well?

specifically speaking - do you think Ashley young should have started and remained on the pitch as long as he did? Do you think the subs and timings made sense?

It’s not like I’m the only person to voice this…. Maybe it’s the fact that it is something I’ve identified as a problem for a while and continued to point it out whilst some were getting giddy at us getting results in spite of him not making required changes. 

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

This is the problem, not Dyche’s team selections or in game management

It's 90% that, the players have to take chances and with the amount we're creating, I can understand why he perseveres. However it does become apparent during some games that a dramatic change is needed because we're not coverting and that is sometimes coming too late.