• Niels Nkounkou
    • Anthony Gordon
    • Gylfi Sigurðsson
    • Tom Davies
    • Theo Walcott
    • Bernard
    • Moise Kean
    • Lucas Digne

Wanted to go for Keane for a mature performance leading the team through the victory, also played some nice passes. 

Had to go with Nkounkou. He showed what he's about tonight and was dangerous throughout. Had a couple of dodgy moments towards the end but seems to be a really exciting player. Blistering pace too. 

Shout out for Gordon who never stopped trying and had some really good moments throughout the game. He cuts inside really well and has a good shot on him. On another night could have had a couple of goals. Did well for the assist and (i think) winning the penalty. 

Gylfi for me played a couple of nice penetrating passes and got the goal, but still looks to be a 'luxury player'. 

Nkounkou. Since coming here he has had three appearances now and each one he has looked like he is already a first team player. 
Great going forward, fast, dangerous.

Bit of a question over his defensive side at the moment, but more because he hasn’t been put u see a test at the moment.

Gordon.

It's mad that I'm seeing so much praise for Gylfi because I thought he was his usual poor self for large portions of that game. But he pops up with a goal, an assist and could have had another which masks that he needs to go or at least not play very often until the happy day of the end of his contract arrives.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Gordon.

It's mad that I'm seeing so much praise for Gylfi because I thought he was his usual poor self for large portions of that game. But he pops up with a goal, an assist and could have had another which masks that he needs to go or at least not play very often until the happy day of the end of his contract arrives.

I can’t speak for anybody else but the goal and assist had no real bearing on why I voted for him as MotM

I voted for him because he put a shift in, bossed the midfield, was good defensively and going forward,  and thought his distribution was spot on all night

Doesnt mean I suddenly want him back in the starting XI every week or that I would be adverse to selling him. It just means I thought he played well last night

22 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Someone who hasn't got a clue.

Thought he was shite. Pushed off the ball ridiculously easy, poor touches and like Gylfi only looked ok when we were 2.0 up. 

Only 3 players looked decent Gordon, Niels, Keane. 

I’d add but not to the same level Virginia and an out of position Digne to that list as they were decent. 

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Gordon.

I said to my mate that Gylfi had done fuck all apart from that corner, just as he put the ball on Kean’s head. I thought he was too quiet, for a player of his experience and supposed quality against a team like that, I want more. 

8 hours ago, Shukes said:

I thought this too, even his penalty made me shake my head. And then pulling the Balotelli celebration just pissed me off. 

He simply hasn’t got the mentality for the premier league. Wonder if Salford would take him?

Important to remember he’s a kid still getting used to a new country, language etc.. and he’s had limited game time. His mentality at 20 isn’t necessarily his mentality at 22 or 25. He had a poor game but at the end of last season there was a general feeling of positivity about him. One game after a limited preseason shouldn’t erase that. Perhaps he’s not cut out for the premier league but it’s early to make that call in my opinion.