IGNORED

Seamus Coleman

scouse

16 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Maybe play Coleman at home in a back 4 but away from home it’s got to be Patterson and Mykolenko as wing backs in a back 5 (with another bank of 4 in front as without Mina, we’re fucked!) 

Nope, bench role and nothing more now.

Personally, I’m hoping he takes the decision out of Lampard’s hands and realises he’s done at this level and retires like Gary Neville did. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Nope, bench role and nothing more now.

Personally, I’m hoping he takes the decision out of Lampard’s hands and realises he’s done at this level and retires like Gary Neville did. 

We all know what’s going to happen - it’s like watching a car crash in slow motion. He deserves so so much more than that for everything he has given us.

3 hours ago, c1982 said:

Maybe play Coleman at home in a back 4 but away from home it’s got to be Patterson and Mykolenko as wing backs in a back 5 (with another bank of 4 in front as without Mina, we’re fucked!) 

5 at the back has never worked for us but I agree away from home. Has to be Godfrey Mina Branthwaite with the young lads up and down the wing.

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Poor showing from him tonight by all accounts, at fault for one possibly two goals.   Many Irish fans calling for him to call time as he is not looking good for them. 

He was terrible for the first goal, but not sure he could be blamed for the second. 

I think everyone knows that Seamus shouldn't be anywhere near starting for either us or ROI. The problem is the quality of the players behind him. 

6 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I absolutely see worse players than him on the pitch that deserve to be dropped first.

I think the issue is shukes that the players who should be dropped before him have no one with enough credibility to replace them…. Keane/Holgate drop for branthwaite?

Gomes drop for one of the kids?

patterson looks like he has a fair bit about him

17 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I think the issue is shukes that the players who should be dropped before him have no one with enough credibility to replace them…. Keane/Holgate drop for branthwaite?

Gomes drop for one of the kids?

patterson looks like he has a fair bit about him

No I do get that. Our squad depth is nowhere near what it needs to be. 

Personally I wouldn’t mind taking a risk on a few of them. Branthwaite has always impressed me. Looks like he has a football brain more than just physique. 
I would also love to see Patterson given a go… same with Myko. 

51 minutes ago, Shukes said:

No I do get that. Our squad depth is nowhere near what it needs to be. 

Personally I wouldn’t mind taking a risk on a few of them. Branthwaite has always impressed me. Looks like he has a football brain more than just physique. 
I would also love to see Patterson given a go… same with Myko. 

Let's hope it won't be too long before we see a back four of Patterson, Godfrey, Branthwaite, and Mykolenko.

4 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Let's hope it won't be too long before we see a back four of Patterson, Godfrey, Branthwaite, and Mykolenko.

This is great in theory but I would prefer to have an experienced center half in there with Godfrey, and have Branthwaite as third choice. 

I agree with you that maybe in 2-3 years, depending on how they progress, but I wouldn't trust that back line for the foreseeable future

52 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

This is great in theory but I would prefer to have an experienced center half in there with Godfrey, and have Branthwaite as third choice. 

I agree with you that maybe in 2-3 years, depending on how they progress, but I wouldn't trust that back line for the foreseeable future

Godfrey is as dodgy as all of them, so I definitely agree with not partnering him with someone else that is still learning as well.

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Kenny proved again today that he is not the replacement for Coleman who we missed today for his battling and work rate qualities. I wish Lampard would invest more in Patterson than Kenny when Coleman isn’t available. 

Kenny, once again, played someone onside for a goal because he hangs back instead of keeping in line with the rest of the defence due to him being too fucking slow and wanting to try and cover himself. He's a defensive liability.

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Kenny proved again today that he is not the replacement for Coleman who we missed today for his battling and work rate qualities. I wish Lampard would invest more in Patterson than Kenny when Coleman isn’t available. 

Just seen the post Patterson out with bad ankle injury, everything that can go wrong is going wrong, the gods are definitely conspiring against us this season, if we stay up it will be miraculous achievement. 

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Kenny, once again, played someone onside for a goal because he hangs back instead of keeping in line with the rest of the defence due to him being too fucking slow and wanting to try and cover himself. He's a defensive liability.

I'd like to apologise to JJK, it was Mykolenko that did this yesterday :lol:.

This is something he does regularly though and he just is not good enough for this level.

• 4 weeks later...