IGNORED

Seamus Coleman

scouse

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Who are the ITKs who say he’s not great?  Or are you referring to fans with opinions…

players who get captaincy’s in general are going to be rated highly by their managers, otherwise they wouldn’t be captains.  In a time when our club is bereft of leaders he is the obvious choice.  Does it mean he’s a great captain??? I don’t necessarily think so. Decent solid captain yeah. 

I’ve seen Coleman wear the captains armband, make a complete balls up and point the finger at other players. I’ve seen him petulantly argue with fans who had a fuckin good point that players weren’t doing their bit. 

it’s obviously a very unpopular viewpoint because in the grand scheme of things he is not a problem for us and has at least got the best interest of the club at heart and was no doubt a positive influence.

but I’m not having all this PR bollocks, he does the stuff you expect captains to do, let’s not get carried away with it. 

im expecting tarkowski to be captain very very soon.  

but yes well done Seamus. Thanks for your service. 

John Ebrells mates? 

Nobody is saying Coleman is perfect, but he is in the opinion of the vast majority of fans, and more knowledgeably previous managers as well as the current one, a truly great captain. 

2 hours ago, London Blue said:

John Ebrells mates? 

Nobody is saying Coleman is perfect, but he is in the opinion of the vast majority of fans, and more knowledgeably previous managers as well as the current one, a truly great captain. 

What the fk has John ebbrell got to do with my opinion of a footballer? You think ebbrell gives away top secret stuff?  A nice bloke who I talk to from time to time. 
 I form my own opinions based on what I see.  He’s not a truly great captain at all. A truly great captain doesn’t argue with fans and cup his ears when we score to then go on and concede due to shit play whilst the team is heading for the trapdoor. 

I don’t mind Coleman, been a good player for us but ffs - he’s not Bobby Moore.  Someone pass me the sick bucket.  You’d think the club finished in the top 4 last season with all this dcl, Coleman love in.  Next we will be saying what a great pro Andre Gomes iscos he isnt setting fire to finch farm or fighting in training whilst pulling in over £100k a week. 

I don’t care what anyone says. I rate Coleman. Do I think he is Bobby Moore? Of course not, nowhere near.

But he is an excellent servant to the club and has done his very best. That’s what our club is found upon.

I don’t think k Everton have ever expected to have the worlds best players at the club, but we do love players that wear their heart on their sleeve and fight for us. And Coleman simply has. 

For me a great person is someone who fights for what they achieve, not someone who just happened to be born with a god given talent.

Coleman has been a very decent player for us over many years, but the last couple of seasons he has been responsible for a lot of mistakes some leading to goals in important games, I know shit happens but it’s becoming a regular occurrence unfortunately. Yes I want my players to care and give there all and he has done that bucket loads, but there comes a time in every player career when giving your all just isn’t good enough anymore and I believe Coleman has reached that point in his career. Do I think he was a good captain for the club not really, do I think he has turned into a good elder statesman for the club yes I do. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Coleman has been a very decent player for us over many years, but the last couple of seasons he has been responsible for a lot of mistakes some leading to goals in important games, I know shit happens but it’s becoming a regular occurrence unfortunately. Yes I want my players to care and give there all and he has done that bucket loads, but there comes a time in every player career when giving your all just isn’t good enough anymore and I believe Coleman has reached that point in his career. Do I think he was a good captain for the club not really, do I think he has turned into a good elder statesman for the club yes I do. 

Perfectly put. You may not get many “Toffeetalk Bill Kenwright Awards”. For over the top, needless, gushing praise, for anything that resembles Blue,  but you are on the money. 

52 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Why are you so obsessed about him cupping his ears ? It was a show of emotion after scoring a goal years ago and yet you are still harping on about it 
Once a player starts getting targeted by sections of the crowd there are two types of player that come to the fore. The first are the shrinking violet types who don’t have the mental strength to handle it so they go into a shell and their form falls off a cliff and they never recover from it such as Andre Gomes

The second is the one who has great character and is strong enough mentally to roll up his sleeves and say fuck you Im going to prove you all wrong and show you I’m good enough for this football club

By cupping his ears that is precisely what Coleman was doing and I personally was fucking delighted he did because I love players who show passion and who will fight for the right to wear the shirt

I don’t think it was disrespectful to the fans in the slightest, it was just raw emotion and if you have somehow found a way to be offended by that then that’s your prerogative but don’t try and make it something its not

Does that make him Bobby Moore ? Of cause not but it does make him the type of guy you want alongside you in the trenches and the kind of fight, passion and will to win that I want in my captain

If you were to make a list of attributes you want in a captain he has them all

desire ✔️
courage ✔️
roll model  ✔️
leadership ✔️

hard worker ✔️
Encourages / supports team mates  ✔️
leads by example ✔️
model professional ✔️
fighting spirit ✔️

He might be a thoroughly nice guy on and off the pitch but he also has that nasty streak when he needs it and he is not afraid to let opposition players know it 

The things that you ticked….. nearly every player in the first 11 eleven of Man City and Liverpool have that….. plus the ones you left out “quality” and “will not accept losing”.

but it’s Everton though isn’t it.   We get a player who pats the lads on the back after some runs and it’s straight for nominating them for the pride of Britain awards. 

15 hours ago, Shukes said:

He needs no endorsements for me.

Absolute bargain for us. Deserves any accolade he gets.

He may have not been the captain many wanted, but he did take that responsibility and do his very best.

He has gave everything to this club. He is a legend for me. Go and spend 60k anywhere and see what you get! 
You won’t get another Seamus Coleman!

For 60k you'll get 1 week of gbamin. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

The things that you ticked….. nearly every player in the first 11 eleven of Man City and Liverpool have that….. plus the ones you left out “quality” and “will not accept losing”.

but it’s Everton though isn’t it.   We get a player who pats the lads on the back after some runs and it’s straight for nominating them for the pride of Britain awards. 

I’ve not nominated him for any awards, merely pointing out he is not the shit captain some would have us believe 

4 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

For 60k you'll get 1 week of gbamin. 

Exactly mate. 
This is why I can’t believe this thread isn’t simply full of praise for a player that’s been an absolute pleasure to watch for us.

And if that makes me some kind of blue eyed ass licker….. then that must be what I am haha!

5 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I’ve not nominated him for any awards, merely pointing out he is not the shit captain some would have us believe 

No one’s said he’s a shit captain.  At worst he’s an alright captain.   It’s the ridiculous ott responses to him patting people on the back in training drills. 

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

Exactly mate. 
This is why I can’t believe this thread isn’t simply full of praise for a player that’s been an absolute pleasure to watch for us.

And if that makes me some kind of blue eyed ass licker….. then that must be what I am haha!

The whole £60k thing does my head in, James Milner cost £0.00. 

31 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

And if you don’t think that’s a bargain… then your heads gone mate. 

£0 for Milner is a great piece of business. Almost feels like you’ve just strengthened my point?

49 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

James Milner cost £0.00.

He cost Liverpool nothing in terms of a fee because he ran down his contract at City, he did cost Liverpool (reportedly) £140,000 a week salary so not really comparable to Seamus at all (who we were paying £36,000 at the time); even less so when you add in the fact that he cost Newcastle £5m, Villa £12m and City £26m in previous years.

Bit of a daft comparison really imo.

37 minutes ago, MikeO said:

He cost Liverpool nothing in terms of a fee because he ran down his contract at City, he did cost Liverpool (reportedly) £140,000 a week salary so not really comparable to Seamus at all (who we were paying £36,000 at the time); even less so when you add in the fact that he cost Newcastle £5m, Villa £12m and City £26m in previous years.

Bit of a daft comparison really imo.

Not really. £60 grand is his transfer fee.  We don’t get fans singing songs about cheap wages.  Yes he was a good find.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

James Milner cost millions over his career, getting him on a free at the tail end of it is not quite the same as unearthing a gem for 60k who goes on to  become an excellent ambassador and captain and serves the  club so admirably  for over a decade, surely even you can see the difference? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Don’t know why you are so resistant to any form of positivity about the club 

1 minute ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

James Milner cost millions over his career, getting him on a free at the tail end of it is not quite the same as unearthing a gem for 60k who goes on to  become an excellent ambassador and captain and serves the  club so admirably  for over a decade, surely even you can see the difference? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Don’t know why you are so resistant to any form of positivity about the club 

I’m not resistant to positivity, I’m being extremely cautious about getting super clucky over players who were almost part of the first squad to take us down in over 50 years. 

5 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I’m not resistant to positivity, I’m being extremely cautious about getting super clucky over players who were almost part of the first squad to take us down in over 50 years. 

Even if we had gone down it would not have altered the fact that at 60k Seamus Coleman has been one of the best signings the club has ever made and a terrific captain and ambassador of the club 🤷🏻‍♂️

16 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I thought most laid the blame at FSW for putting us in danger, ( and injuries ) not the squad

8 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Even if we had gone down it would not have altered the fact that at 60k Seamus Coleman has been one of the best signings the club has ever made and a terrific captain and ambassador of the club 🤷🏻‍♂️

Smashin yeah. We could even release a DVD called “60 grand Seamus Coleman, the journey to the championship”, maybe release another “the very best of Blue Bill, from boys pen to liars den”