IGNORED

Seamus Coleman

scouse

7 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

To be fair yes I applaud Seamus for the outstanding service he has given Everton and I also applaud the scout that found him

At his peak him and Baines were quite possibly the best fullbacks in the Premiership

Yes they were.  I loved Peter Reid and Andy Gray, can we include them in the love in? ❤️ 

19 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Yes they were.  I loved Peter Reid and Andy Gray, can we include them in the love in? ❤️ 

James Milner first, and now Reid and Gray used to support your opinion?

Not a shred of relevance to the question of what Seamus has been to the club, you're comparing apples with armchairs.

2 hours ago, c1982 said:

Milner wasn’t a ‘find’ though - completely different hence why we never sang, “Free transfer, free transfer, Gareth Barry…”

“Free transfer, free transfer, James Rodriguez, free transfer, free transfer, I say. But we ended up paying him four hundred grand a week, playing football the Everton way, when he was match fit”

40 minutes ago, MikeO said:

James Milner first, and now Reid and Gray used to support your opinion?

Not a shred of relevance to the question of what Seamus has been to the club, you're comparing apples with armchairs.

Ffs Mike Seamus has been a good signing…. We get it.  Thread has turned into some sort of tribute for a treble winning captain who single handedly led us to trophies. 

as a captain he’s been alright, as a player he’s been good.  End of story. 

On 16/07/2022 at 21:40, Hafnia said:

Ffs Mike Seamus has been a good signing…. We get it.  Thread has turned into some sort of tribute for a treble winning captain who single handedly led us to trophies. 

as a captain he’s been alright, as a player he’s been good.  End of story. 

You don't have to the captain of a treble winning side to be a great leader. There can only be three winning teams each year in domestic football and usually its one side that dominates. Don't confuse being part of a successful side with being a great captain.

Seamus is a great captain because of the qualities others have, mentioned, qualities that have been recognised by perhaps the greatest manager of all time in Carlo when he said:

"He is a great captain, I cannot make a list but he is a great captain, honestly. Maldini, John Terry, Sergio Ramos, that kind of captain."

So Seamus is a great captain, not just one in a great side. 

15 minutes ago, London Blue said:

You don't have to the captain of a treble winning of a side to be a great leader. There can only be three winning teams each year in domestic football and usually its one side that dominates. Don't confuse being part of a successful side with being a great captain.

Seamus is a great captain because of the qualities others have, mentioned, qualities that have been recognised by perhaps the greatest manager of all time in Carlo when he said:

"He is a great captain, I cannot make a list but he is a great captain, honestly. Maldini, John Terry, Sergio Ramos, that kind of captain."

So Seamus is a great captain, not just one in a great side. 

I’m sure he did say that, did he mean it? Maybe.   Managers very often blow smoke up their captains backsides because it is in their interest to do so. 

be difficult to find a manager who slags a captain off and says he was a rubbish captain 

ten hag has named Harry fuckin maguire as captain and called him a great player etc etc etc…. You believe that? 

On 16/07/2022 at 08:44, Hafnia said:

Perfectly put. You may not get many “Toffeetalk Bill Kenwright Awards”. For over the top, needless, gushing praise, for anything that resembles Blue,  but you are on the money. 

I guessed the dislike was from Steve before I looked, not that I’m bothered he’s given more dislikes on TT than women from Yorkshire gave Peter Sutcliffe😂

On 16/07/2022 at 18:56, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Even if we had gone down it would not have altered the fact that at 60k Seamus Coleman has been one of the best signings the club has ever made and a terrific captain and ambassador of the club 🤷🏻‍♂️

One for all and all for one 😉

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I guessed the dislike was from Steve before I looked, not that I’m bothered he’s given more dislikes on TT than women from Yorkshire gave Peter Sutcliffe😂

😂 I only give dislikes if I disagree but just can’t be arsed arguing. I lost the will to have an argument last season, if it’s a flippant argument I may get involved just for a bit of fun, but if it’s obvious you’re just damn wrong then I can’t be arsed. You’re welcome Palfy. 😘

14 hours ago, StevO said:

😂 I only give dislikes if I disagree but just can’t be arsed arguing. I lost the will to have an argument last season, if it’s a flippant argument I may get involved just for a bit of fun, but if it’s obvious you’re just damn wrong then I can’t be arsed. You’re welcome Palfy. 😘

It’s not arguing mate it’s debating surely that’s one of the main concepts of a forum isn’t it ? Anyway love you to mate 🥰

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

It’s not arguing mate it’s debating surely that’s one of the main concepts of a forum isn’t it ? Anyway love you to mate 🥰

It used to be, but nowadays it seems like a debate on here takes about two weeks and I’m just not that arsed as much as I used to be. Maybe when the season starts again. 
you don’t take it all too seriously, so I don’t mind with you. 😂

6 minutes ago, StevO said:

you don’t take it all too seriously, so I don’t mind with you.

That’s because it’s not life or death, although sometimes someone or something can press the wrong buttons when I’m not in the best of places and I react, I have been trying to curb that and hopefully it shows, but that’s just as much for my own benefit as those around me. So don’t start because I’m definitely not in the mood 😂

7 hours ago, Palfy said:

That’s because it’s not life or death, although sometimes someone or something can press the wrong buttons when I’m not in the best of places and I react, I have been trying to curb that and hopefully it shows, but that’s just as much for my own benefit as those around me. So don’t start because I’m definitely not in the mood 😂

Think we’re a bit similar in that respect, trying to curb it for the sake of others. It’s just not worth it sometimes. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have just read that Coleman is now the current longest serving Premier league player - 13 years, 9 months and 2 day. So he deserves a round of applause for that after another 90min of Premier league action!!

so he is obviously streets ahead as the longest serving Everton player - guess who our second and third longest serving players are? no cheating.

4 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

I have just read that Coleman is now the current longest serving Premier league player - 13 years, 9 months and 2 day. So he deserves a round of applause for that after another 90min of Premier league action!!

so he is obviously streets ahead as the longest serving Everton player - guess who our second and third longest serving players are? no cheating.

Pickford has to be one.