IGNORED

Seamus Coleman

scouse

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, MikeO said:

Pleased to see you finally registered on here Seamus, well played today👍

5 hours ago, MikeO said:

Pleased to see you finally registered on here Seamus, well played today👍

Yeah after 14 years of playing for Everton I finally singed up to a fan forum bashing me to make my case. Thank you 

Mentioned it in the matchday thread but this is not the first time Coleman has completely had Zaha in his pocket.  Always seems to get under his skin and turn it into a physical battle that he always wins.  Love to see it.

Also one of the things that I noticed yesterday is that Coleman seemed less inclined to get forward with Myko pushing higher.  Frank even mentioned the plan was to push Myko higher to the press.  I think that makes a lot of sense given Coleman's lack of legs.  Unsure why this particular tactic is popular at the moment but lots of teams seem to be have a preferred attacking back and with the other back a more defensive one.  Personally, I would prefer balance on both sides but that is just me.  Great example is Newcastle with Trippier.  I think until Patterson is back, we should push Myko and have Coleman check.  Just hope Gray passes him the ball more than twice a game.

4 hours ago, plaidharper said:

Mentioned it in the matchday thread but this is not the first time Coleman has completely had Zaha in his pocket.  Always seems to get under his skin and turn it into a physical battle that he always wins.  Love to see it.

Also one of the things that I noticed yesterday is that Coleman seemed less inclined to get forward with Myko pushing higher.  Frank even mentioned the plan was to push Myko higher to the press.  I think that makes a lot of sense given Coleman's lack of legs.  Unsure why this particular tactic is popular at the moment but lots of teams seem to be have a preferred attacking back and with the other back a more defensive one.  Personally, I would prefer balance on both sides but that is just me.  Great example is Newcastle with Trippier.  I think until Patterson is back, we should push Myko and have Coleman check.  Just hope Gray passes him the ball more than twice a game.

Mourinho did it very well with Perreira and Ashley Cole. No doubt that experience helps with Frank and Ashley on the staff. 

I didn't see the Palace game but I feel like some of the comment is a bit OTT. 

He has done about as well as we could have hoped but he offers nothing going forward and he is not exactly water tight at the back. Willian cut inside him so easily and got a shot away at the weekend that a cardboard cut out could have got closer.

For as well as he has held his own based on what we know of him, compared to the standard of the league, he is below that level. 

On 31/10/2022 at 14:42, Bailey said:

I didn't see the Palace game but I feel like some of the comment is a bit OTT. 

He has done about as well as we could have hoped but he offers nothing going forward and he is not exactly water tight at the back. Willian cut inside him so easily and got a shot away at the weekend that a cardboard cut out could have got closer.

For as well as he has held his own based on what we know of him, compared to the standard of the league, he is below that level. 

Clean sheet in both games though. 😉

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Our captain fucking fantastic, scared shitless to take one for the team and get booked to stop them scoring.

What a performance in his 400th appearance for the club.

He gave Robertson a stern talking to though…. Probably said “Andrew I don’t think it’s very sporting to laugh in Jordan’s face.”

28 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He gave Robertson a stern talking to though…. Probably said “Andrew I don’t think it’s very sporting to laugh in Jordan’s face.”

That whole incident pissed me off. It was a nothing thing from Robertson (gobshite though he is), players nudge the ball away like that all the time, and then our players decide that's the thing to show any fight over? Pathetic.

39 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

That whole incident pissed me off. It was a nothing thing from Robertson (gobshite though he is), players nudge the ball away like that all the time, and then our players decide that's the thing to show any fight over? Pathetic.

I thought that.   It was almost as though they seen the dying embers of the game and knew we were going out with barely a whimper. Pickford, Coleman and Coady all at fault for both goals decide to make their impact felt.

wasn’t lost on me. It was as if to say “just in case you haven’t seen any fight…. Here it is”

Coadys interview was nauseating, he rates his mouth too much. Gets taken away by Southgate to be a cheerleader, put the bibs out and do a few interviews.