IGNORED

Seamus Coleman

scouse

On 26/05/2022 at 12:24, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I imagine Frank would want him to stick around as depth and for his mentorship/leadership. It would be more up to Seamus and whether he’d prefer to move to a side where he can play and extend his career or be something of a coach for us. 

17 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Seamus is undoubtedly into the last throws of his career and while I think it’s fair game to criticise his performances at times I still find it quite staggering how people can find fault in him as a leader  

As I club captain he’s is outstanding, but on the pitch he’s not vocal enough, looses his head and makes mistakes, and doesn’t challenge referees as much as he should do IMO

More worried about the centre half positions to be honest. 
Coleman still looked out best defender for the most part.

And although he lost a lot of pace, he still got need up being out sweeper as he is still the fastest defender we have. 

It’s a commanding vocal centre half that should be our priority.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

And although he lost a lot of pace, he still got need up being out sweeper as he is still the fastest defender we have. 

Didn’t understand the first bit but definitely agree with the last bit. 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Bit early to be getting the red from the fridge isn't it?

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Didn’t understand the first bit but definitely agree with the last bit. 

37 minutes ago, Matt said:

Bit early to be getting the red from the fridge isn't it?

My first reaction was to check I was actually in the Coleman thread.

Haha I honestly think he is though. Frank definitely has him as the sweeper when we defend corners ect. This is o it because he trusts that Coleman can compete as far as pace goes.

He is by no means rapid, but he isn’t slow either. And I suppose looking the best defender in our team doesn’t mean much either haha.

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Btay said:

Seen some reports that it’s an aggravated groin hernia & he was potentially playing despite it in the run in the last season. Can’t be sure though 

That’s true, Frank Lampard mentioned it in his interview the other day

It understood that Coleman underwent surgery to correct an issue in the inguinal area. And Lampard manager added: “Seamus will hopefully be fit on the brink of the season so we’ll see if that allows him to be ready for those first games. We know Seamus, he’ll surprise you all the time, because of his dedication and his body and his desire to play for this club, we saw that last season, and he was really hanging on in there with the injury that he had so we’ve sorted that out.

Still out in the States with the squad though

Personally I’ve understood why he gets some much stick off some fans for being a shit captain 

Aside from cupping ears to fans, letting players dispute free kicks etc and not getting a handle on referees who were clearly taking the piss out of us, he’s been a great servant. He’s a top pro, a good senior member of the squad.

I don’t think he’s a great captain the same way I didn’t think Jags was. Great captains are few and far between. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Absolutely a great captain. I trust the opinions of people like Carlo and Frank. They talk very highly of him, and they know much bette than me. 

Great to see him out there, with the players, being a positive influence. He could be sat at home, or even on a holiday with his family, but he’s trying to do his bit for the club. 

This. When Carlo and Frank say your great then your great. Other supposed ITKs opinion are worth Jack shit compared to them.

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Literally everyone inside the club at every level says he is a great captain and superb ambassador for the club

The sentiments appear to be the same from anyone who has seen him from the inside when playing for his country

I think I will take that as all the proof I need of what kind of captain he is

Apart from that when he cupped his ears when scoring in the Gwlady, I was in there and the only people it offended were those that were offend that they had nothing to be offended about for so long when they desperately wanted to be offended. So even they should be thankful to him for finally offending them

We heard the same about Jags too. Just seems that some people think being a tough guy or a shithouse qualifies as leadership and makes a good captain. It's embarrassing.

9 hours ago, London Blue said:

This. When Carlo and Frank say your great then your great. Other supposed ITKs opinion are worth Jack shit compared to them.

Who are the ITKs who say he’s not great?  Or are you referring to fans with opinions…

players who get captaincy’s in general are going to be rated highly by their managers, otherwise they wouldn’t be captains.  In a time when our club is bereft of leaders he is the obvious choice.  Does it mean he’s a great captain??? I don’t necessarily think so. Decent solid captain yeah. 

I’ve seen Coleman wear the captains armband, make a complete balls up and point the finger at other players. I’ve seen him petulantly argue with fans who had a fuckin good point that players weren’t doing their bit. 

it’s obviously a very unpopular viewpoint because in the grand scheme of things he is not a problem for us and has at least got the best interest of the club at heart and was no doubt a positive influence.

but I’m not having all this PR bollocks, he does the stuff you expect captains to do, let’s not get carried away with it. 

im expecting tarkowski to be captain very very soon.  

but yes well done Seamus. Thanks for your service.