IGNORED

Andros Townsend

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

I'll always be happy to be wrong in this way. It's when you think a player is going to be great and they're shite that it's a kick in the bollocks :(.

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's a brilliant start but who knows how things will progress. I'm just trying to focus on here-and-now (for my life in general to help me cope with certain things), and the here-and-now regarding Andros is a very happy place to be :)

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Yeah, I know what you mean. It's a brilliant start but who knows how things will progress. I'm just trying to focus on here-and-now (for my life in general to help me cope with certain things), and the here-and-now regarding Andros is a very happy place to be :)

Stay positive, we can't worry about the things we cant influence. As you say here and now is where life is lived.😉

On 03/10/2021 at 10:18, Matt said:

I get the feeling from his professionalism that he won't suddenly throw the towel in a few months down the line.

He knows what the game is all about and he will do all he can to stay at the top of his game for as long as he can. Model pro.

Some stats banded around about Townsend and his goal scoring or lack off over his career. However, Benitez just seems to get the best out of him. Getting the best out of players it key attribute to being a good manager (and better than most of your peers) 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/andros-townsend/leistungsdatentrainer/spieler/61842/plus/0/trainer_id/1522

Benitez encourages Townsend to get a little more forward than other managers have done with him. Again, slightly dispelling the myth that Benitez is a negative coach. 

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Some stats banded around about Townsend and his goal scoring or lack off over his career. However, Benitez just seems to get the best out of him. Getting the best out of players it key attribute to being a good manager (and better than most of your peers) 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/andros-townsend/leistungsdatentrainer/spieler/61842/plus/0/trainer_id/1522

Benitez encourages Townsend to get a little more forward than other managers have done with him. Again, slightly dispelling the myth that Benitez is a negative coach. 

I don’t know enough about Rafa to know if he’s a defensive coach or not, but I don’t remember the koppites being overly defensive or his other teams.

I don’t think he’s being defensive here either. It just looks like he’s organised our defence and also our way of attacking.  There is rigour and method. Although we often have less possession in games so far we don’t feel like a defensive team.

7 hours ago, Shukes said:

The defensive tag came from an online report. People saw it and just ran with it like usual.

21 hours ago, badaids said:

I don’t know enough about Rafa to know if he’s a defensive coach or not, but I don’t remember the koppites being overly defensive or his other teams.

I don’t think he’s being defensive here either. It just looks like he’s organised our defence and also our way of attacking.  There is rigour and method. Although we often have less possession in games so far we don’t feel like a defensive team.

I think it depends on what you call a defensive team.

I think he plays counter attacking football, which is a type of defensive football.

We had 28% possession against Utd, 68% passing success but managed 12 shots. We had less possession than Norwich, Villa, and I imagine every other side we have played.

If you look at the position maps, we have more people in our half than in the opposition half.

In the Burnley and Norwich games, matches in which the impetus was upon us to create, we actually created very little.

I do think we must be one of the best counter-attacking teams in the league at the moment and we have Dom and Richarlison to come back in.

On 14/09/2021 at 16:14, pete0 said:

2 thing really stood out for me, Popes purely for effect full stretch MOTD dive, and in couple of angles you can see Richie turn go OOOOOOOOOOO and snap his fingers.

Like this angle too

Can anybody remember last time we won goal of the month?

His goal against Utd should be a contender for this month, as a fluid counter team goal, but with Shearer saying Salah's was best premier league goal ever think October goal of the month is already done. (It was a very good goal but don't think it's that good).

Edited by Hf,Hr,Hwamp..PR
to not double post

2 hours ago, Hf,Hr,Hwamp..PR said:

2 thing really stood out for me, Popes purely for effect full stretch MOTD dive, and in couple of angles you can see Richie turn go OOOOOOOOOOO and snap his fingers.

Like this angle too

Can anybody remember last time we won goal of the month?

His goal against Utd should be a contender for this month, as a fluid counter team goal, but with Shearer saying Salah's was best premier league goal ever think October goal of the month is already done. (It was a very good goal but don't think it's that good).

Sig against Leicester? 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Sig against Leicester? 

For the BBC goal of the month just checked and it was Rooney v West Ham Nov 2017 and before that Barkley v QPR Dec 14 and v City May 14. Also noticed that the 4 goals of the months Sept-Dec 2011 were all scored against us!

Am sure Andros will have a least one more contender before end of season.

19 hours ago, Aidan said:

Did Jags win it Vs the shite? If he didn't it's criminal I don't need to see the other nominations.

Nah, but for a centre back strike should have, just watched it again and it's a much cleaner and better strike than I remember.

18 hours ago, Bill said:

Ozzie in the Euros must have won, if it didn't it should have done. 

Don't think BBC gotm includes european games, Ossie's goal in my top 5 goals, favourite will always be Sharpie v The RS, closely followed by Sheeds double free kick v Ipswich.

45 minutes ago, Hf,Hr,Hwamp..PR said:

Ossie's goal in my top 5 goals, favourite will always be Sharpie v The RS, closely followed by Sheeds double free kick v Ipswich.

Can't argue with any of that, best goals that I've seen live were McFadden's injury time winner over Charlton closely followed by Manny Fernandes putting us two up against United (we'll gloss over what followed:unsure:). Watford 1984 goals were celebrated harder mind.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Watford 1984 goals were celebrated harder mind.

I was miserable that day, uncle was going to take me and my dad just went NO! So was sat at home crying watching the build up all day long blue happy faces on the telly, tears rollin down mine, did cheer up by end of match tho😀.

95 SF Both Amo's against spurs hardest celebration for me, and when we scored in final against UTD had cat on lap, leapt up cat hit ceiling hit ground scrambled up chimney and didn't come down for three days. Happy Days!