IGNORED

Andros Townsend

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I said he’d never hit one as good as the one against City again, and tonight’s wasn’t. Was still a fucking beauty though.

Just before he set Keane up for his goal I’d just been thinking we should sub him off for Iwobi because, other than giving away the free-kick that led to their goal, he’d done nothing.

Then he puts in that gorgeous ball for Keane and follows it up with his rocket of a goal. I watched that ball all the way in from my seat, and as soon as it left his foot it was never going to be anything other than a goal. 

He is very much a highlights player but fuck me those were some incredible highlights! 

22 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He is very much a highlights player but fuck me those were some incredible highlights! 

I tend to find players who run their backsides off for 90 minutes helping the team out, showing leadership etc as being solid players .... Not highlights players.  A great signing. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I tend to find players who run their backsides off for 90 minutes helping the team out, showing leadership etc as being solid players .... Not highlights players.  A great signing. 

He said after the game if he fails here it won’t be on effort but quality. Well he has shown he has the quality in his locker, I just hope he can keep the consistency for the season.

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

It always amazes me that most fans never see or understand that what you do when you don’t have the ball is equally as important as when you do have the ball, he could have a bad game in possession of the ball, but have a fantastic game off the ball yet he won’t be credited for that, today he had both but he will nearly always give you the latter. 

19 minutes ago, Palfy said:

It always amazes me that most fans never see or understand that what you do when you don’t have the ball is equally as important as when you do have the ball, he could have a bad game in possession of the ball, but have a fantastic game off the ball yet he won’t be credited for that, today he had both but he will nearly always give you the latter. 

Oh the irony :lol:

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I said he’d never hit one as good as the one against City again, and tonight’s wasn’t. Was still a fucking beauty though.

Just before he set Keane up for his goal I’d just been thinking we should sub him off for Iwobi because, other than giving away the free-kick that led to their goal, he’d done nothing.

Then he puts in that gorgeous ball for Keane and follows it up with his rocket of a goal. I watched that ball all the way in from my seat, and as soon as it left his foot it was never going to be anything other than a goal. 

I didn't have anyone in mind when I posted mate. But I am now waiting for the game when he does as I'm sure you are :)

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Same as mate, I have one good night every week or two and I look and feel so much better for it the next day, sleep is powerful sleep deprivation is destructive 

I've a whole new appreciation for single parents who work full time. Throw a countdown to the house purchase and a few other stresses and bingo! 

Proving himself to be a very good addition to our squad, he’s known for the screamers, and long may they continue, probably less so for his contribution off the ball which he’s also very good at. Compare him to some of the expensive ( transfer fee or wages) players we’ve had recently. I know who I’d rather have.

image.png.255cca60ab4f15f8b776d8e5de2af4a4.png

Interesting stat on Townsend. Some managers just seem to work well with certain player and visa versa.  Yesterdays goal was definitely coming. He will not keep these ratio's up, but it is encouraging that he is a good fit for Benitez systems.

His crossing is consistently good quality and with decent pace, the stat from last season that he was the premier leagues most accurate crosser is proof of his consistency and quality. Townsend as a signing will at least give us breathing room for a couple of seasons while we get out finances in order. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Totally stressed out here as well, waking up to this every day is bloody hard work:P:67:

P1040952.JPG

P1040953.JPG

P1040954.JPG

If only that was the reality of everyday life but alas it’s not and your soon be back joining us in the cold and rain, hope that realism doesn’t spoil your day Mike, see you soon very very soon 😂

14 hours ago, Hafnia said:

There is definitely no doubt that he works hard but I don't get how someone who can hit the ball that well, can struggle with other basic on the ball work. As Romey said, he would have been a candidate for the bench before that cross because he wasn't contributing enough.

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

There is definitely no doubt that he works hard but I don't get how someone who can hit the ball that well, can struggle with other basic on the ball work. As Romey said, he would have been a candidate for the bench before that cross because he wasn't contributing enough.

I said to my lad about 3 minutes before that he should be pulled for Iwobi, how wrong can we be!   I’d much rather see him than Bernard, Bolassie, Walcott and Lookman who all had their chance before him.

17 hours ago, Bailey said:

He's a wide player....  We were not in the game so it's unlikely he's gonna get on the ball as much.  Win the midfield battle and we get on the ball. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

He's a wide player....  We were not in the game so it's unlikely he's gonna get on the ball as much.  Win the midfield battle and we get on the ball. 

He actually took responsibility for not getting on the ball enough in the first half in his interview. I liked that about him and I do really like him as a person, so I would love for him to be a huge success here.