IGNORED

Summer Transfers: Who goes and who comes in?

Matt

Where's th no10/creative midfielder?

I can see McGeady going to Celtic if they qualify for champs league and us signing Lennon. Patto may be possible but may be too risky

Patto's getting on a bit too, may get him in as a youth scout but doubt he'd improve our first team.

Patto's getting on a bit too, may get him in as a youth scout but doubt he'd improve our first team.

Pato is only 25 so his best years ahead of him if he could recapture the form for Milan prior to his hamstring problems. He did manage 44 games for Sao Paulo last season so his injury problems seem behind him

Pato is only 25 so his best years ahead of him if he could recapture the form for Milan prior to his hamstring problems. He did manage 44 games for Sao Paulo last season so his injury problems seem behind him

Tbf Patto has been spending far too much time in the ale house of late. I mean, that story he made up the other day about new owners!

People missing the joke here, Pato is footballer, Patto is a TT member, Pattto is a figment of markiediow's imagination.

where is the creative playmaker?

we could bring in messi but if we don't have anyone to pass to him he's worthless.

Messi does it all himself.

Not sure why you're asking me that question. Seems to be an obsession with this mystery 'creative playmaker'. Who was this player season before last???

While I understand the amount of focus on this 'No 10', he alone won't define our season. Who ever he is.

Although, to be honest, if we don't get the mystery man, I think Mirallas can do a job there. I'm sure he's played there before to good effect.

Not sure why you're asking me that question. Seems to be an obsession with this mystery 'creative playmaker'. Who was this player season before last???

While I understand the amount of focus on this 'No 10', he alone won't define our season. Who ever he is.

Although, to be honest, if we don't get the mystery man, I think Mirallas can do a job there. I'm sure he's played there before to good effect.

first season with RM, we were dynamic then the possession based bullshit went into overdrive. The #10 is the white whale to find the balance between the fast paced attacking game we played in the first season and the possession based drivel that RM wants

first season with RM, we were dynamic then the possession based bullshit went into overdrive. The #10 is the white whale to find the balance between the fast paced attacking game we played in the first season and the possession based drivel that RM wants

Yeah, of course that makes sense.

But it has to be the right player in our price bracket. That's the difficulty.

For that reason, it shouldn't be a case of 'hey, look at the players we've signed (possibly maybe!!!) and kept hold of'....'yeah, but no No.10 so it's all shit'.

Do you know what I mean? It all can't hinge on one player in one position. Especially as his hamstring will go the day after signing.

Pienaar with moyes, with Roberto first season was a combo or Barry and Barkley, last season was no one.

If the window closes and we've ended up with Delefeou, Cleverly, Lennon, Evans and Pato. Plus keeping hold of Stones and extending the contracts of a few key players. That would do me very much nicely.

I'd shit myself if this happened. If Roberto couldn't that group going then he'd have to go!

Barkley played that position in Robertos first season. But he was an unknown then, now he's watched all the time. But it doesn't suit his game anyway, we need someone to pick a little pass to the forward. I don't think Ross can do that. But he can be explosive from deeper on the field.

I'd like to see Pato come in, would be an interesting signing.

Yeah, of course that makes sense.

But it has to be the right player in our price bracket. That's the difficulty.

For that reason, it shouldn't be a case of 'hey, look at the players we've signed (possibly maybe!!!) and kept hold of'....'yeah, but no No.10 so it's all shit'.

Do you know what I mean? It all can't hinge on one player in one position. Especially as his hamstring will go the day after signing.

:lol::crying:

I understand the concern of hinging all our hopes on 1 player, but that still doesn't excuse the fact that it's essential we get one anyway! It's been priority for years, but other areas took priority. Unless we want to see the same tripe as last year, we need to treat the creative AMC as a priority now. Because next year its a GK, the the year after CB...

Wuote from Martinez......

"Our assets are getting stronger, our young ones getting more mature. Yes we need three more but two of the young players will be in first team squad and we will get stronger when we bring signings in as well. It's how you can attract the ones we need at this club."

Does this mean we are now only getting one and 2 young lads are now the other 2?

He changes his mind every interview.

Wuote from Martinez......

"Our assets are getting stronger, our young ones getting more mature. Yes we need three more but two of the young players will be in first team squad and we will get stronger when we bring signings in as well. It's how you can attract the ones we need at this club."

Does this mean we are now only getting one and 2 young lads are now the other 2?

He changes his mind every interview.

I don't think so. I think he knows the fans think we need more than the two or three new signings he says we'll make and is saying we'll be bringing two young players into the squad as well. Which, in his mind, equates to five newbies.