IGNORED

Anwar El Ghazi

You watch - everybody will stay fit now, and he will not get a look in.

What it does bring proper competition and a player who can maybe do something of the bench. You look at a bench with Iwobi on it with your head in your hands.

A big however is:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/huge-el-ghazi-reveal-could-lead-to-benitez-moshiri-rift-at-everton-mills/

and maybe lucky Benitez put his foot down on a permanent transfer as part of the Digne deal. 

Not against the signing, hopefully he buys into the cause and proves to be an inspired signing like Gray.

We now though have a fair few players for his position, I do hope signing him doesn’t impede the progress of Gordon and Dobbin whom I personally want to see both getting minutes even though the latter is still quite raw.

• 2 months later...
45 minutes ago, badaids said:

I’d like to see him given a chance to be honest. Ahead of Iwobi even, so sods law he has started playing a little better.

no way would I be dropping Iwobi.  In a team lacking character and bravery he is one of the few who has stood up and had a go.  I think in a midfield he is an option given current challenges.

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

no way would I be dropping Iwobi.  In a team lacking character and bravery he is one of the few who has stood up and had a go.  I think in a midfield he is an option given current challenges.

No a fan of Iwobi but I totally agree with you.   

6 hours ago, badaids said:

I’d like to see him given a chance to be honest. Ahead of Iwobi even, so sods law he has started playing a little better.

El Ghazi and Iwobi are totally different players so it's not a straight swap. No clue why El Ghazi is here.  Probably won't play again.  The entire January window was a mess to be honest.  If the goal was to get bodies in the door and help balance the books then I guess possibly we achieved the goal but the squad has not improved.  Surely could use Digne at this moment.

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/04/2022 at 14:54, Heath said:

Really don't know what the issue is with this lad; we have him here, surely he can be used in some way by Lampard.

He's shite, was given to us as a favour for letting Digne go. It's not fair on the lad personally but he should never have come here and shouldn't be hanging around much longer after the full time whistle sounds at Arsenal.

Moshiri should be held accountable and asked to explain this signing.

1 minute ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

He's shite, was given to us as a favour for letting Digne go. It's not fair on the lad personally but he should never have come here and shouldn't be hanging around much longer after the full time whistle sounds at Arsenal.

Moshiri should be held accountable and asked to explain this signing.

Yep, what ever money we got for Digne we realistically need to subtract this lads wages. Missing out on another loan spot hurt us the most though.

21 minutes ago, Btay said:

Yep, what ever money we got for Digne we realistically need to subtract this lads wages. Missing out on another loan spot hurt us the most though.

Maybe being part of the Digne deal they are still paying some or all of his wages that does happen.