• Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

1 minute ago, yamar said:

Hahahahahahaha, cuco is just a scape goat for all the "proper fans" with blinkers on... I see all the shout out's to get Kenny in the team has somewhat gone very very quiet. He got found out so many times in Sunday. It's funny though, nobody come on saying he's shit him, like they do for cuco every single game.

You're right. Cuco was always an easy target.

And no one has mentioned Kenny despite him getting mentioned galore to start....says something.

We have to be careful with these kids. The gap between U23's and seniors is huge.

1 minute ago, Newty82 said:

You're right. Cuco was always an easy target.

And no one has mentioned Kenny despite him getting mentioned galore to start....says something.

We have to be careful with these kids. The gap between U23's and seniors is huge.

Totally agree... And not to say he won't turn out really well. But the way people went on, I thought we had cafu waiting in the wings.

If you're not doing the job you were brought in to do, then you deserve to be sacked.

Koeman has been paid out for his contract, he will still be able to walk into most other high profile jobs without much fuss.

I'm sure he worked hard and put all he could into his role but unfortunately it hasn't been good enough. I don't think he ever got the club and I'm not sad to see him go, in my opinion it's taken far too long and that has potentially cost us points and EL qualification from the group stage. 

The club just need to make sure they get the next appointment right.

3 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Skids don't count.

Or do they?

It depends. If you scratch your arse from the outside of your pants and still get the scent of shit, then that counts as shitting your pants.

48 minutes ago, Quinn31 said:

What a truly odd debate to be having/pointless argument. 

I'm not going to stoop to your level and be the next idiot to get into a five page argument with you. Honestly, I can't wait for the new stadium plans to come out so you can announce that it's a disgrace that we will have a garden featuring tulips instead of daisies, or that the Colin Harvey statue is in the wrong pose, or that the big video screen is a Toshiba and not a Sony.

Explain to me the bit where you aren't going to stoop to my level and then produce  several lines of complete and utter shite about how I'm going to moan about a stadium and Colin Harvey statue?!

You chat some utter shit you do. 

10 minutes ago, yamar said:

Hahahahahahaha, cuco is just a scape goat for all the "proper fans" with blinkers on... I see all the shout out's to get Kenny in the team has somewhat gone very very quiet. He got found out so many times in Sunday. It's funny though, nobody come on saying he's shit him, like they do for cuco every single game.

Coco is the full back equivalent to Niasse. Good intentions, you want to cheer him on, but just does not have the quality.

Kenny is 20 and has a handful of league starts, and for the most part has played well, and will be Seamus's successor here. What were you expecting from a 20 year old, inexperienced player, in a team out of form, and playing against some of the best attacking players in the league?

I thought he did ok.

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

Coco is the full back equivalent to Niasse. Good intentions, you want to cheer him on, but just does not have the quality.

Kenny is 20 and has a handful of league starts, and for the most part has played well, and will be Seamus's successor here. What were you expecting from a 20 year old, inexperienced player, in a team out of form, and playing against some of the best attacking players in the league?

I thought he did ok.

I was expecting NOTHING, exactly my point. But people on here were banging on about him being the answer. Cuco is far more experienced than the lad and it was unfair to put the lad six feet away from those other three dickheads in the middle.

2 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Explain to me the bit where you aren't going to stoop to my level and then produce  several lines of complete and utter shite about how I'm going to moan about a stadium and Colin Harvey statue?!

You chat some utter shit you do. 

Whatever. I'm going to take a 24 hour break from posting. 

Think I'm fed up. 

Klasson is absolute dogshite and just because he cost a bomb, people will still give him the benefit of the doubt. Cuco was a free so people find it easier to lay all blame on this lad

Just now, Quinn31 said:

Whatever. I'm going to take a 24 hour break from posting. 

Think I'm fed up. 

Always a good idea when you reach the Fed up stage...I do it too quite regular...24 hours can turn into 2 weeks but it's good for the mental state.

Now our biggest debate (Koeman) has gone, we will naturally return to daft arguments amongst ourselves over nothing...oh god...can I come for that post work pint?!!!

There are many excuses people could make.

Losing a striker who can score goals and not replacing him.

Injuries to first team players such as Seamus, Ross, Funes Mori, Macca. 

Not enough time for so many new faces to gel. 

A tough fixture list.

An increased amount of games, less time to plan for them.

But for me the bottom line is every manager has difficulties to face, it's what makes a manager, they're paid to face them and overcome them (in Koemans case paid a hell of a lot).

It's unfortunate, but we brought in Rooney, Klaassen, Sigurdsson and Sandro who were all proven goalscorers, so you're not convincing me we aren't scoring enough goals because were missing Rom. 

Our defence hasn't changed, if anything we've strengthened with the signing of Keane and Pickford. We're conceding like nobody's business. What's the excuse for that?

As tough as the fixture list was in my opinion the best time to play those teams was before they could gather pace and gel themselves. We got a point from city and played pathetically against the other "top" squads. 

As for a congested fixture list, im sure any professional would tell you they would rather play games than train together. 

2 minutes ago, yamar said:

Klasson is absolute dogshite and just because he cost a bomb, people will still give him the benefit of the doubt. Cuco was a free so people find it easier to lay all blame on this lad

It's probably more likely to be because Klaasen has proven his quality at Ajax whereas Cuco was dogshit at Soton. My Soton mates laugh at the fact that we gave him a contract and more so that we play him. 

Holgate is a far better player already, for all that he too has an error in him, and Kenny hasn't let anyone given the situation he has come into. I would rather have him make errors and hopefully learn from them than have Cuco making the same errors time and time again because we already know he doesn't learn from them. 

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I thought his sacking would unite people a bit more, but a lot seem to be losing their heads tonight!

Naaa, we're all fine.... Well, all until the 6-0 demolition on Wednesday.

Cuco just about make the top 10 reasons why Koeman had to go. The bloke has no idea of how to organise a team and the roles of each player. Mad that he was one of the best of his time. 

1. Gana

2. Letting Barry go

3. Sigurdssen  

4. Keane 

5. Schneiderlin 

6. Not playing Mirallas

7. Not buying competition for Baines 

8. Not buying a competent centre half

9. Treatment of players

10. Cuco

32 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Always a good idea when you reach the Fed up stage...I do it too quite regular...24 hours can turn into 2 weeks but it's good for the mental state.

Now our biggest debate (Koeman) has gone, we will naturally return to daft arguments amongst ourselves over nothing...oh god...can I come for that post work pint?!!!

If you can make it across the pond in the next few hours, I'd be happy to share a pint or ten!

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Gana at one for me suggests you need to try opening your eyes. Absurd.

We're in the relegation zone thanks to his inability to keep a position in midfield. Never known any team to be ripped apart through the middle like this team, I've lost count of how many chances he creates for the opposition. Arsenal should have been 3 up in the first 10 minutes this weekend thanks to him. 

4 minutes ago, pete0 said:

We're in the relegation zone thanks to his inability to keep a position in midfield. Never known any team to be ripped apart through the middle like this team, I've lost count of how many chances he creates for the opposition. Arsenal should have been 3 up in the first 10 minutes this weekend thanks to him. 

We were watching different games Pete.

2 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Gana's, as a player,  greatest strength in the eyes of some will brand him as a liability to others. His supporters will cite the amount of territory he covers and his willingness to breakup attacks and put in challenges. His detractors will say that it is a lack of positional discipline that creates space to invite the opponent onto our defense. The key is that a manager needs to have a system to fit him into with some limitation as to what his responsibilities are/how much he can roam about the pitch and to also play him with a midfield partner/partners who sit back and shield the defense (See McCarthy-Barry in 2013/2014 for the perfect combo of this)

Same thing can be said for Barry/Schneiderlin/the position of holding mid. Some will say it provides a valuable shield for our centerbacks, allows other central midfielders freedom, and assures the fullbacks of being able to go forward, others slammed Barry for being on the ball too much and thus causing the team to player deeper as a whole. 

8 minutes ago, MikeO said:

We were watching different games Pete.

Had a much better game on Sunday. But it doesn't hide the fact that he was a bellend for getting sent off. The player was in his own half and back to goal. No need for the tackle. Liability.

36 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Cuco just about make the top 10 reasons why Koeman had to go. The bloke has no idea of how to organise a team and the roles of each player. Mad that he was one of the best of his time. 

1. Gana

2. Letting Barry go

3. Sigurdssen  

4. Keane 

5. Schneiderlin 

6. Not playing Mirallas

7. Not buying competition for Baines 

8. Not buying a competent centre half

9. Treatment of players

10. Cuco

Would have thought 'not replacing Lukaku' would sit quite high?