• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

To date, I think Koeman has mostly used players in the best way possible. His subs have also been a breath of fresh air compared to Roberto. Against Swansea, chasing a goal late he put on attacking minded players and removed under-performing defensive players (hi Jags!). It sort of worked, accidentally, as Coleman headed it home for the draw. I thought we were more likely to win it late too.

The problem is that I don't think he has the players to do what he wants to do right now. I think he's smart enough not to toss his players under the bus by saying, "They aren't the players I need to be successful in my system." But I expect to see a lot of changes in the side over the next two windows. If we still look like this in February 2018, then I will worry. But we've got to give him time to get things sorted.

Get fuckin gone you arrogant fraud. Destroyed the team with his series of diabolical interviews.

One player who needs a rocket = Rom gets praised and has done absolutely fuck all since.... something I said tends to happen.

Barkley just does t know where he is.

New manager

Sitting in his seat in the dugout his facial expression is 'why the hell did I take this job',

He doesn't seem arsed when he's winning either. No passion. We offered him money and he came.

We had a whole host to choose from there was zero way he was our first choice. Eddie Howe probably was, and then maybe Pellagrini.

Id honestly rather have moyes right now, I hate that pretentious arrogant fraud that much.

He's a few months into a big project. Let's not forget this is a team that has finished 11th the last 2 seasons. Koeman's got a whole mentality/fitness/tactical overhaul to deal with. There's no quick fix. It's clear we're 6-7 players short. I think Baines, Jags and Barry need replacing with younger and fresher players but am sure the wing/ attacking options will be his priority in January as it's clear Mirallas, Deulofeu and Lennon just won't work in the way he wants us to play. Think Depay will be one of at least three first team signings in Jan - it wouldn't surprise me if Moyes came calling for Jags and maybe even Baines (although doubt Baines would leave).

The whole mentality of our club needs changing. I think strides are happening off the pitch but will need a bit of patience to see the results on the pitch.

He's a few months into a big project. Let's not forget this is a team that has finished 11th the last 2 seasons. Koeman's got a whole mentality/fitness/tactical overhaul to deal with. There's no quick fix. It's clear we're 6-7 players short. I think Baines, Jags and Barry need replacing with younger and fresher players but am sure the wing/ attacking options will be his priority in January as it's clear Mirallas, Deulofeu and Lennon just won't work in the way he wants us to play. Think Depay will be one of at least three first team signings in Jan - it wouldn't surprise me if Moyes came calling for Jags and maybe even Baines (although doubt Baines would leave).

The whole mentality of our club needs changing. I think strides are happening off the pitch but will need a bit of patience to see the results on the pitch.

This.

I still believe Koeman is the right man for the job but he's got a lot of work to do, and there will be a lot of pain in the mean time.

Edited by Romey 1878

This.

I still believe Koeman is the right man for the job but he's got a lot of work to do, and there will be a lot of pain in the mean time.

Yep, in the meantime he can probably help himself by giving the likes of Davies and Dowell some game time. It will certainly give the home atmosphere a boost... been depressing of late!

Absolute bullshit being spoken about here... you'd think he'd inherited West Brom or something. Martinez got the sack on the basis that he was underperforming with a supposedly top 4-6 side... What's changed?

Aside from the fact that he's shipped an overrated defensive showpony out and replaced him with 3 solid players the team still look void of inspiration or belief. He's done nothing in his interviews to make me think he actually gives a shit.

It's about time we stopped being this happy people's club that allows managers to continue to spew bullshit till enough is eventually enough and they trot off as multi millionaires whilst we stay trophy free.

Apathy has destroyed our club and continues to do so.

Absolute bullshit being spoken about here... you'd think he'd inherited West Brom or something. Martinez got the sack on the basis that he was underperforming with a supposedly top 4-6 side... What's changed?

Aside from the fact that he's shipped an overrated defensive showpony out and replaced him with 3 solid players the team still look void of inspiration or belief. He's done nothing in his interviews to make me think he actually gives a shit.

It's about time we stopped being this happy people's club that allows managers to continue to spew bullshit till enough is eventually enough and they trot off as multi millionaires whilst we stay trophy free.

Apathy has destroyed our club and continues to do so.

No your right West Brom are a well organised and well drilled side, Koeman inherited a team who totally inept at defending and have not closed teams down for over 2 years now

Fucking hell, we've played13 games and he's had ONE window where we missed virtually every target he wanted!!!

Have people forgotten how much of a shambles we were last season. Sunderland, Leicester at the end of last season???

His first job was to stop us leaking stupid goals and tighten the defence up which he has done. I'm absolutely staggered people are wanting him out after 13 games ??

And it's better now?

Worst we've been for twenty years. Position might be higher but football is shit. I watched Bournemouth lose at arsenal earlier and they were a hundred times better than us.

I am a fanatic... but even I am struggling with this shit.

I would cash in on Rom, let Ross leave and spend all the money on a whole new squad .

Edited by Shukes

Come on lads. Face the truth. It's not Koeman's fault. Our team lacks the class big time. We have a load of shite players. Martinez overperformed in his first season and everyone started talking about our Top4 potential. What a joke. We are where we should be - fukin average.

And it's better now?

Worst we've been for twenty years. Position might be higher but football is shit. I watched Bournemouth lose at arsenal earlier and they were a hundred times better than us.

I am a fanatic... but even I am struggling with this shit.

I would cash in on Rom, let Ross leave and spend all the money on a whole new squad .

No, I'm not saying that at all. This is excruciating. Just that it's no worse than what had set in during Martinez' last couple of seasons.

I hope that Koeman can fix it. Maybe he can't. But he deserves the time to try. (Not saying you've said he doesn't btw!)

He tried to spend £30m on sissoko..

Absolute dog shit of a player. He ignores tom Davies- a class player in the making.

I dont get him at all. He's like an android.... like a dutch Mike walker.... just detached from the club.

And how about that £25 million we spent on a donkey?

Edited by Haiku

No, I'm not saying that at all. This is excruciating. Just that it's no worse than what had set in during Martinez' last couple of seasons.

I hope that Koeman can fix it. Maybe he can't. But he deserves the time to try. (Not saying you've said he doesn't btw!)

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve time, I just get so frustrated at our lack of effort. I just dont get why he can't drop most of them for a match and give the young lads a go.

It cant be any worse than worse now.

So bad at the moment, feeling it badly.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve time, I just get so frustrated at our lack of effort. I just dont get why he can't drop most of them for a match and give the young lads a go.

It cant be any worse than worse now.

So bad at the moment, feeling it badly.

I know you didn't, I even said you didn't :lol:.

I can't really understand it either. Why would any manager continue to play the same underperforming players when it reflects on him? I remember saying the same thing during Martinez' time here as well. And Moyes... It drives me insane.

Those youngsters couldn't possibly do any worse than some of these seniors. They need a kick up the arse and to know they can't keep putting in these substandard performances without consequences. We might even get some positive results on the pitch in the mean time. A hungry Tom Davies over a flat Barkley any day. An enthusiastic Holgate over a declining Jagielka. A JonJoe Kenny over a brain dead Coleman... I could go on and on.

Just look at that Sims today. Wasn't scared to have a go, respected no one, and enjoyed playing football. That's what we need.

In all honesty I think we've been poor all season but I'm totally gobsmacked that people are calling for Koemans head already

Martinez took a wrecking ball to the solid foundations that Moyes built . Fortress Goodison became a high street charity shop and he turned one of the meanest defences into a bunch of Good Samaritans for visiting forwards

Martinez really tested my faith in Everton, it got to the stage where going to the game became a real chore. I honestly don't think I would have renewed my season ticket if he had stayed

I don't know what people are expecting from Koeman but to give him 13 games to turn that pile of shite around is absolutely laughable

"Missed every target he wanted"

Yeah Pad, then he resorted to panic buys.

"Tighten the defence which he has done"

No he hasn't Pad, no clean sheet in the last 10 games.

Yes he has tightened the defence Bill and to say he hasn't is just fucking stupid. He had to settle for his 3rd or 4th hoice is that his fault?? Or would you if sooner himnot signed anyone.

Anyone calling for a managers head after 13 games is clueless.

Anyone calling for a managers head after 13 games is clueless.

Yep. And we are 7th yet, which isn't bad at all. But I agree with those who think our summer job was a disaster. I don't think anyone could do much better with the playing staff we currently have.

Edited by Haiku