IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I think people should sit back, relax, and look at this without wearing blue glasses, or blaming the lad for losing this game. So called "sitters" are missed in every game of football, even the greats who have been mentioned here. Aguerro and all the top strikers miss them in every game.

It might be a one on one with the Keeper and he hits the goalie with it, it might be a last minute tackle in the 

Six yard box people might excuse that by by saying it was a good tackle but he's missed a so called "sitter".

If we had won 3-0 nobody would have tried to tear the lad to pieces over this but we lost and we Evertonians unfortunately have to have someone to blame.  I will repeat myself once more and hope it sinks in, it came across hard and low, he hit it perfectly, and kept it on target, this is not Roy of the Rovers stuff like in the Comics this is the real Premier league football.  

My last word on it cos some  peoples views cannot be changed, they dont like admitting they have come to the wrong conclusion.

Aguerro and other top strikers do miss them but what they do do is make up for their misses by regularly scoring, DCL misses but doesn’t make up for it by scoring compared to them he just misses. 

26 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Aguerro and other top strikers do miss them but what they do do is make up for their misses by regularly scoring, DCL misses but doesn’t make up for it by scoring compared to them he just misses. 

Again.... yawn...... you have to have another chance to even have a chance to score. 

Ok let’s put this simply. Has Aguero ever scored from the shower? .... answer is no, because he never had another chance. Has he ever scored, when he hasn’t had a chance?.... see now?.... 

Were getting somewhere now. So DCL missed, and never had another single chance for the whole game.... but you expect him to score.... advice!

Go Into a quiet dark corner, scold yourself, tho k about life, love and mathematics. Add 3 + 2... and whatever your brain is telling you, please answer 5, not the 13 your thinking, but 5. I’ll m helping you here mate, trust me.... I’m a coach!!!!! 😉

11 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

Love DCL for all the effort he puts in but that image of the angle from behind the goal gave me nightmares.  Had to take the weekend off from the forum. 

Mate I still believe in the guy, and I’m struggling to stick up for him. 

If it wasn’t for Palfy posting I would would have left alone haha.

He doesn't seem to be the focal point of Silva's attack. If he is tying up CB's and creating space for others, winning headers and such, he may be giving Silva almost everything he expects. But the fact of the matter is, you're wearing the 9, and you were generally the farthest player up the pitch and the closest player to the goal. At the very least you should be putting ball in the back of the net from rebounds, crosses, spills just being at the right place at the right time in the box,.but he's not.

But it's also a huge problem that the team is only getting four or five shots a game and 0 to 1 on target, nobody is getting any rebounds. 

6 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Again.... yawn...... you have to have another chance to even have a chance to score. 

Ok let’s put this simply. Has Aguero ever scored from the shower? .... answer is no, because he never had another chance. Has he ever scored, when he hasn’t had a chance?.... see now?.... 

Were getting somewhere now. So DCL missed, and never had another single chance for the whole game.... but you expect him to score.... advice!

Go Into a quiet dark corner, scold yourself, tho k about life, love and mathematics. Add 3 + 2... and whatever your brain is telling you, please answer 5, not the 13 your thinking, but 5. I’ll m helping you here mate, trust me.... I’m a coach!!!!! 😉

I’m not just talking about one game I’m talking about all the games he’s appeared in he doesn’t score any where enough, were as Aguero does. 

As a coach the fact that in the context of the game you find that acceptable is beyond me, I’m sure Silva doesn’t he’ll be thinking this guy if I don’t get him changed soon is going to cost me my job. 

40 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’m not just talking about one game I’m talking about all the games he’s appeared in he doesn’t score any where enough, were as Aguero does. 

As a coach the fact that in the context of the game you find that acceptable is beyond me, I’m sure Silva doesn’t he’ll be thinking this guy if I don’t get him changed soon is going to cost me my job. 

The fair he may be thinking that about almost everyone who isn't in the back four or named Pickford.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Again your commenting in isolation and I feel you do this for others benefit rather than to add to the actual discussion.

You have read so many times in my own comments, and I know you have, that it was a bad miss, he should have put it away. What I don't agree with is that it’s a sitter, and I base this in my own actual experiences in football.... which normally I never guarantee.... but in this case I would bet my life I have more experience in playing than you. I base that in the way you judge football and the way you comment on football, you seem more of a fan than a player of experience. Doesn’t make me better or worse than you, but it does effect my own opinion.

If that makes me sound a football snob, then so be it, I’m a football snob. But I really think that anyone who has played football regularly can’t see where I am coming from.

Lets set this out:

He SHOULD have scored. 

It was a BAD miss. 

An average player would have hit it and hoped.

he ISNT world class, or even top six.

He isn’t a championship level player, he’s premier. (Sorry But that’s fact).

The still is a very carefully picked still that doesn’t tell 10% of the story.... if your a footballer , not just a fan.

Now, I know your not going to like that and will continue on your quest to pick out every comment I make (which I appreciate by the way.. I’m big on ego 😉), but honestly, I accept your opinion on this and welcome the debate. But trust me, on the sunscreen!

45 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Again your commenting in isolation and I feel you do this for others benefit rather than to add to the actual discussion.

You have read so many times in my own comments, and I know you have, that it was a bad miss, he should have put it away. What I don't agree with is that it’s a sitter, and I base this in my own actual experiences in football.... which normally I never guarantee.... but in this case I would bet my life I have more experience in playing than you. I base that in the way you judge football and the way you comment on football, you seem more of a fan than a player of experience. Doesn’t make me better or worse than you, but it does effect my own opinion.

If that makes me sound a football snob, then so be it, I’m a football snob. But I really think that anyone who has played football regularly can’t see where I am coming from.

Lets set this out:

He SHOULD have scored. 

It was a BAD miss. 

An average player would have hit it and hoped.

he ISNT world class, or even top six.

He isn’t a championship level player, he’s premier. (Sorry But that’s fact).

The still is a very carefully picked still that doesn’t tell 10% of the story.... if your a footballer , not just a fan.

Now, I know your not going to like that and will continue on your quest to pick out every comment I make (which I appreciate by the way.. I’m big on ego 😉), but honestly, I accept your opinion on this and welcome the debate. But trust me, on the sunscreen!

You know nothing of my playing days but in the early to mid eighties I was paid to play not a kings ransom was you ever paid, probably not if so prepare to die you come out with the billy big bollocks that you were the better player and you could tell that I hadn’t really played the game, and you would bet your life on those statements.

What flowers would you like at your funeral. 😂

31 minutes ago, Palfy said:

You know nothing of my playing days but in the early to mid eighties I was paid to play not a kings ransom was you ever paid, probably not if so prepare to die you come out with the billy big bollocks that you were the better player and you could tell that I hadn’t really played the game, and you would bet your life on those statements.

What flowers would you like at your funeral. 😂

Yes mate I did. Played for Shifnal town, ironbridge town and had a dalliance with Ludlow in the midlands alliance league. 

I can feel a TT five a side coming on here. Though it will prove your point more than mine.... as I bang in five past you with my FINISHING.... while your still trying to FINISH lacing your trainers! 

your FINISHED!

24 minutes ago, StevO said:

While you lads were busy playing football and getting paid, the rest of us were learning a bit of the English language. 

Now can you two stop playing with each other’s dicks in the shower and follow this link....

https://www.espressoenglish.net/difference-between-your-and-youre/

Sorry Shukes, was just feeling a bit left out and I was shit at footy. 😂

You will be pleased to know, that I at least read through the article, so I could gain a better understanding of the English language.

Palfy!, .... YOU'RE wrong 😉 

8 hours ago, Bill said:

I think people should sit back, relax, and look at this without wearing blue glasses, or blaming the lad for losing this game. So called "sitters" are missed in every game of football, even the greats who have been mentioned here. Aguerro and all the top strikers miss them in every game.

It might be a one on one with the Keeper and he hits the goalie with it, it might be a last minute tackle in the 

Six yard box people might excuse that by by saying it was a good tackle but he's missed a so called "sitter".

If we had won 3-0 nobody would have tried to tear the lad to pieces over this but we lost and we Evertonians unfortunately have to have someone to blame.  I will repeat myself once more and hope it sinks in, it came across hard and low, he hit it perfectly, and kept it on target, this is not Roy of the Rovers stuff like in the Comics this is the real Premier league football.  

My last word on it cos some  peoples views cannot be changed, they dont like admitting they have come to the wrong conclusion.

Just watched the highlights again. Coleman’s cross wasnt hit hard into DCl at all it was kind of chipped in. If you watch DCl he even changed his run upto the ball as he had more time due to the pass. That’s not me admitting I have come to the wrong conclusion. And yeah I played football to a decent standard played for Liverpool for three years youth level. Played in the same team as Carragher until I got released at sixteen. Not that matters but seeing as everyone else seems to think it does just thought I’d share

Been backing DCL pretty hard through out the off season, throwing stats to predict what his return would be.

He really needed that goal and played it safe with the finish. What concerns me the most in that moment isn’t the question marks raised over his ability but his reaction was mild/ no emotion or disappointment.

Kean will replace him at this rate but that is the nature of football.

Personally I think our problems lay a bit deeper than DCL but let’s hope we sort something out soon.

Fuck me, not this again. It happened with Lukaku as well when he was the same age (albeit they have opposite attributes) being compared to the worlds best. Now it’s DCLs turn to be compared to one of the best forwards the league has ever seen (not to mention the quality of players behind Aguero). Which player do we have that we could magically more into DCL to become our 22 year old Ronaldo?

Give me strength...

54 minutes ago, Bailey said:

That shot of DCL's reminded me of when I have come up from the back and the ball has dropped to me and all I care about is getting a good connection and nothing more because that's as good as I can hope for! 

I think it shows just how low the bar is set for him that people are just happy he hit the target :lol: 

11 hours ago, Bailey said:

That shot of DCL's reminded me of when I have come up from the back and the ball has dropped to me and all I care about is getting a good connection and nothing more because that's as good as I can hope for! 

Your right mate.

I am a fan of his but I do recognise he has a complete lack of confidence in his finishing.

Would love him to knock one on and see how he reacts. Will either kick on, or myself and others will have to just accept his finishing isn’t getting better.

6 hours ago, Shukes said:

Your right mate.

I am a fan of his but I do recognise he has a complete lack of confidence in his finishing.

Would love him to knock one on and see how he reacts. Will either kick on, or myself and others will have to just accept his finishing isn’t getting better.

Reality is sinking in, and I take no pleasure in saying that, because I agree with you in wanting him to get some reward for all his hard work 😓 

On 30/08/2019 at 10:36, Shukes said:

Your right mate.

Yeh that may be the case.I wonder if he is banging them in at training? 

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

Yeh that may be the case.I wonder if he is banging them in at training? 

Not sure mate. I remember watching one of these challenge videos, with Walcott and Cenk... and to be fair, he was hitting the safe shots. 

Cenk was smacking them in and Walcott was kind of passing them in. DCL was getting them on target.