IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Just now, Shukes said:

I agree to an extent, but last week was not skewed at all, DCL did that all on his own. It wasn’t luck, or the ball hitting him and going in, it was all down to him. 

So what I’m saying is it’s not fair to skew facts to suit your agenda. DCL scores two last week and deserved them. DCL scores a goal that was virtually over the line, but it was still his. ( remember Lukaku cough ). If a striker doesn’t go for that and it bounces on the line and spins out, we crucify him.

Its a game of fine margins and you have to be subjective, or you will get people like me calling you out on it. 

I don’t really pay to much attention to stats but if your a forward or keeper for that matter goals are always going to be your friend or enemy. 
For DCL he was my motm last week not just for the goals but for the 2nd half, it was the best 45 minutes I have ever witnessed from him, and I didn’t need stats to tell me that, and hopefully that game was his coming of age game, and gives him the confidence all strikers need in front of goal, because he’s got everything else in his arsenal. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I don’t really pay to much attention to stats but if your a forward or keeper for that matter goals are always going to be your friend or enemy. 
For DCL he was my motm last week not just for the goals but for the 2nd half, it was the best 45 minutes I have ever witnessed from him, and I didn’t need stats to tell me that, and hopefully that game was his coming of age game, and gives him the confidence all strikers need in front of goal, because he’s got everything else in his arsenal. 

Well that just took my thunder. 
prefer it when you argue haha.

Great to see so many speak highly of Dom's performance today.

Ferguson obviously has a very close relationship with him, and seems to be allowing the team to play around his strengths.

Amazing what giving him a partner to play with is doing for him at the minute. We've proved that we look like a dangerous team when the opposition gives us space - the real test now is how we can break teams down who look to limit that space in behind - and it will be intersting to see how DF plans on doing this if he is still around for those games.

16 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It is utterly ridiculous the amount of headers he wins.

He's a player I really want to do well. He never puts anything less than 100% in and he comes across as someone that genuinely realises how lucky he is to be playing for Everton and wants to repay the faith shown in him. 

To put it into context DCL has won the 2nd most headers in the Premier league for a CF this season per 90 minutes (for those who have played 10+ games), second to Haller of WHU.

DCL 6.8 won -  8.2 lost

Haller 7.3 won - 8.2 lost

Also worth a mention that Haller is 3cm taller than DCL, and for what it's worth is also 3 years older. Interestingly, they both have 5 league goals, although Haller has played a substanital 460 minutes more than DCL.

The 3rd best in the air is Joelinton at 6.6 won - 7.9 lost, and the less said about him the better.

After that the stats drop down to less than 4.3 won a game - so these 3 are clearly the most dominant striekrs in the air in the league, and/or have teams who aim to set up to play the long ball to the striker.

He has always been good in the air, even as a 20 year old lad he was battling experienced premier league CBs and dominating them. As of late has upped his work rate and determination even more than it was - all he needs to do now is work on his finishing and his positioning, but he still has a long way to go.

54 minutes ago, Aidan said:

To put it into context DCL has won the 2nd most headers in the Premier league for a CF this season per 90 minutes (for those who have played 10+ games), second to Haller of WHU.

DCL 6.8 won -  8.2 lost

Haller 7.3 won - 8.2 lost

Also worth a mention that Haller is 3cm taller than DCL, and for what it's worth is also 3 years older. Interestingly, they both have 5 league goals, although Haller has played a substanital 460 minutes more than DCL.

The 3rd best in the air is Joelinton at 6.6 won - 7.9 lost, and the less said about him the better.

After that the stats drop down to less than 4.3 won a game - so these 3 are clearly the most dominant striekrs in the air in the league, and/or have teams who aim to set up to play the long ball to the striker.

He has always been good in the air, even as a 20 year old lad he was battling experienced premier league CBs and dominating them. As of late has upped his work rate and determination even more than it was - all he needs to do now is work on his finishing and his positioning, but he still has a long way to go.

Impressive. But are you sure we can really count these statistics because DCL has longer hair than Haller, so he's got a slight advantage there for getting his head to the ball.

41 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Impressive. But are you sure we can really count these statistics because DCL has longer hair than Haller, so he's got a slight advantage there for getting his head to the ball.

I'm glad you pointed this out... I also think his studs were 2mm longer in one of those games so take that out as well 😉

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve always praised his work rate and fight and always criticised his poor finishing and goals return, he may have turned the corner on the last 2 comments I hope he has only time will tell. 
But I will always maintain a striker will be judged on his goals, and we have this season been the worse team for goals scored from chances created, and that leads me to believe that if we had a better finisher we would probably have the league’s top scorer to date this season. 
I still want Ancelotti to bring that player in to make sure more of our chances are converted, because it’s the regular scoring of goals that wins you games not the most chances. 

You can never fault the lads attitude or his physical presence. He is a huge pain and now that he has a partner he is able to get himself into more goalscoring positions and he is reaping the rewards. 

He still has the same flaws in his technique that will stop him from being one of the best strikers in the division.

5 minutes ago, Bailey said:

You can never fault the lads attitude or his physical presence. He is a huge pain and now that he has a partner he is able to get himself into more goalscoring positions and he is reaping the rewards. 

He still has the same flaws in his technique that will stop him from being one of the best strikers in the division.

True, but he’s already improved massively on other flaws, I’ve no doubt he’ll become more clinical with more time in front of goal (now that he has a partner)

10 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I disagree. I’ve gone from rating him to saying he’s not good enough. His game has gone on ten fold in the last six months. The glaring omission from his game was when he missed his ONE chance in a game. Maybe one chance in two games. He’s 22. When he has someone near him he will get more chances in a game. He might miss one or two but he will get his goals. Morishi stated we had a a good squad and maybe it needed a top manager to get the best out of the squad. Maybe he gets it at last