IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

7 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Awwwwww what a finisher! Used to love watching his running goals, all about his body shape and placing it in far corners - precision over power. Beautiful player.

The proof that there is more than one way to skin a cat, I don’t think we will ever see the like again. 

30 minutes ago, barryj said:

Thanks for cheering me up! 

Just imagine that the lads in blue he keeps walking past (at least it looks like he’s walking, he’s running faster than I ever could) are just another team. A joy of a footballer to watch. I forgot that him, Bergkamp and a teenaged Fabregas were in the same team. How lucky were those Arsenal fans?!

5 hours ago, StevO said:

Just imagine that the lads in blue he keeps walking past (at least it looks like he’s walking, he’s running faster than I ever could) are just another team. A joy of a footballer to watch. I forgot that him, Bergkamp and a teenaged Fabregas were in the same team. How lucky were those Arsenal fans?!

They certainly were! Not forgetting Ljungberg and Pires on his day.

57 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

They would make a great partnership IMO. We should have got Rashford when we sold lukaku, said it time and time again. 

But again why would they want a player to replace rashford if rashford is supposedly so good?  Doesn’t make sense.  Unless rashford was yet another overhyped English player.  Color me surprised.........or not.

5 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

But again why would they want a player to replace rashford if rashford is supposedly so good?  Doesn’t make sense.  Unless rashford was yet another overhyped English player.  Color me surprised.........or not.

I'm not a fan of Rashford either and can not understand the hype around him. Sure, he's fine, but nothing spectacular. Can't see him getting any better than Harry Kane, although the two are very different type of players.

16 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Who said it's to replace Rashford? I've seen Ole play 442....

16 hours ago, Haiku said:

I'm not a fan of Rashford either and can not understand the hype around him. Sure, he's fine, but nothing spectacular. Can't see him getting any better than Harry Kane, although the two are very different type of players.

Rashford has just turned 22.... like DCL his levels have gone up considerably in the past few months. 

He's an outstanding talent... takes free kicks and penalties with unerring composure and accuracy, rapid pace, skilful, and can finish

On 29/12/2019 at 00:46, Matt said:

The reason I compare him to Kane is because, way back when I watched everything all the time, Kane couldn’t score or hit the ball properly to save his life around that age. At some point that changed and it was learning the technique and actually be able to apply it in a competitive atmosphere. DCL may well already know how to do it, but he’s never really has opportunity to put practice into reality. Does that make sense?

I didnt see a great deal of Kane when he was a young lad so I don't know what his technique was like at that age and Kane is one of few players that have come on bundles like that. Im certainly not saying its not possible for DCL but I don't think its expected that he would improve loads more now. I hope he does though!

On 29/12/2019 at 23:59, StevO said:

Don’t care how hard he hits the ball as long as he gets it over the line. 
I don’t remember seeing Henry smash too many balls into the goal, not that he’s at that level, but how hard it’s hit isn’t as important as how accurately it’s hit. 

I think its more the connection with the ball. He scuffs quite a lot for an elite league player, regardless of the power behind the ball. You can tell its just not as natural as it is with other strikers in the league.

46 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I didnt see a great deal of Kane when he was a young lad so I don't know what his technique was like at that age and Kane is one of few players that have come on bundles like that. Im certainly not saying its not possible for DCL but I don't think its expected that he would improve loads more now. I hope he does though!

I think its more the connection with the ball. He scuffs quite a lot for an elite league player, regardless of the power behind the ball. You can tell its just not as natural as it is with other strikers in the league.

Kane was persistent but crap in his finishing (I only saw the u21 England games with him in). I think all but one of us can agree he’s improved that part of his play. 

We didn’t play to his strengths yesterday, we sat to deep we were playing for a 0-0 , DCL spent most of the 1st half on or about the half way line with no service what so ever, the last 30 minutes he was much better we pressed as a team and he could play further up the pitch and get in their area were he can assert his strength of giving defenders a hard time. 

Had absolutely nothing to work with yesterday because there was nothing whatsoever behind him. The defence only wanted to play the ball to each other, slowly. Not helped by the fact the midfield was non-existent - Gylfi went back to finding places to hide, Davies looked knackered from the get go and struggled to find the energy to hit passes hard enough to reach a team mate, and Fabian Delph was Fabian Delph. Richarlison scored but offered nothing other than making me question, again, whether he really is Brazilian.