IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

4 hours ago, FairWooney said:

Love that he's out in Manhattan dressed like a bit of a lemon enjoying a break with Tom Davies!

Don't think I'd recognise either if I saw them out like that!

Good to see players wanting to spend time together during a break.

Those red sandals though 😱

IMG_20200211_231239.jpg

IMG_20200211_231428.jpg

its new york best place for them to go.  no one will know them or recognize them.  plus american women :)

8 hours ago, FairWooney said:

Love that he's out in Manhattan dressed like a bit of a lemon enjoying a break with Tom Davies!

IMG_20200211_231239.jpg

IMG_20200211_231428.jpg

Sandals? Are they not Air Force 1?

12 hours ago, StevO said:

Sandals? Are they not Air Force 1?

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

Depends what age you are 👍

The trainers are indeed Nike Off-White Air Force 1’s. Not my taste, but then again, not much footballers wear ever is...

I do think that Tom’s personal style is some of the most genuine and unique. I think Dom is impressed by that and mostly following suit. He buys what he sees while Tom is a bit more intuitive and clever.

I work in the arts, not too far from where these pictures were taken (SoHo - I’m a few blocks south in TriBeCa) and often encounter the monied types with no style, lol, so seeing how footballers dress feels commonplace now.

3 minutes ago, nutmegwolf203 said:

The trainers are indeed Nike Off-White Air Force 1’s. Not my taste, but then again, not much footballers wear ever is...

I do think that Tom’s personal style is some of the most genuine and unique. I think Dom is impressed by that and mostly following suit. He buys what he sees while Tom is a bit more intuitive and clever.

I work in the arts, not too far from where these pictures were taken (SoHo - I’m a few blocks south in TriBeCa) and often encounter the monied types with no style, lol, so seeing how footballers dress feels commonplace now.

For me Tom wouldn’t look out of place in San Francisco’s hippy quarter in some of gear he wears. 

21 hours ago, FairWooney said:

IMG_20200211_231239.jpg

IMG_20200211_231428.jpg

Son of a bitch, I was just at that station a few days ago. Would've been a pleasant surprise to run into those two on the street

5 minutes ago, nutmegwolf203 said:

If only San Francisco had any of that anymore! Not sure when you last visited but it’s all tech bros now.

It was 6 years ago you’re right it is a very Hi tech city, but there’s still that small area were Hippies and Gays frequent, which is very much like how it must have been in decades ago I assumed. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Aidan said:

More to the point we have a striker that is now not only scoring goals, but winning areal duels, holding up the ball, leaving a bit on defenders, working hard for the team and linking up well. His attitude is fantastic. 

I agree with that 100%, and I would like to give a lot of praise to Big Dunc for bringing it out of him when Silva was sacked. 

What's he worth in this market??? 

He's effectively cemented a selection in Southgates squad with that performance today.

That was possibly the best all round centre forwards display we've had since Saha in 2011 vs Blackpool. 

He doesn't have Sahas finishing prowess but he showed his footballing ability, intelligence and touch out there.  More impressively he capped it off with his usual lung busting work rate. 

Got fans from the likes of Chelsea and man United wanting their club to sign him.

Good on the lad, he's worked hard for this. 

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

The goal he scored was awesome........  I mean that.  That goal is the goal of the striker I've been crying out for.  Happy to do the hard yards,  marched a very good Harry Maguire today.... Maguire sought him out at the end to pretty much tell him do. I do like Maguire - class act. 

Maguire was a cunt all game. I hope someone flattens him. 

32 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

He’s our 20 goals a season striker we’ve all be wanting, time for the doubters to standup and accept they were wrong.

How good is he going to get?

He will put on a few more pounds of muscle in the next year, he's fast... brave, works his plums off and he is humble. 

For ages I was arguing that hard work and goalscoring aren't mutually exclusive. He's the proof.  Defenders nightmare. 

3 hours ago, Aidan said:

More to the point we have a striker that is now not only scoring goals, but winning areal duels, holding up the ball, leaving a bit on defenders, working hard for the team and linking up well. His attitude is fantastic. 

Anyone who's been on this site knows how much I value that in a striker more than goal output.

It led to hours of arguments.  But it's true - forward play is far more than finishing...  if it wasn't then Liverpool would be playing Sturridge instead of Firminho. 

22 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Anyone who's been on this site knows how much I value that in a striker more than goal output.

It led to hours of arguments.  But it's true - forward play is far more than finishing...  if it wasn't then Liverpool would be playing Sturridge instead of Firminho. 

I never noticed haf 😜

28 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

How good is he going to get?

He will put on a few more pounds of muscle in the next year, he's fast... brave, works his plums off and he is humble. 

For ages I was arguing that hard work and goalscoring aren't mutually exclusive. He's the proof.  Defenders nightmare. 

He doesn’t need more muscle, and it’s be a detriment to his work rate. 

24 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He is a great forward, but he’s not a striker. There’s still a big difference between the two ;) 

1 hour ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I've no problem in holding my hands up and saying I didn't think the lad would make it and I'm chuffed to bits that I was wrong about him.

22 seems to be the magic number when boys become men in the Premier League and that's why I will give Tom Davies a bit of slack. It's also no surprise that Mason Holgate is the same age and also blossoming as a regular starter.

Edit. I used to always call him shite and then he'd go and score. I've been calling him shite every week. It's working great 🤣🤣

Fucking dreadful player hope he never starts again 🤞🤞🤞

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

4 goals off golden boot..... Will probably end up with 18 goals..

Yeah, but if he was a striker he could well have 10 more. I’m actually agreeing with you, he’s the complete forward. Calling him a striker isn’t doing him justice 

11 hours ago, Hafnia said:

What's he worth in this market??? 

He's effectively cemented a selection in Southgates squad with that performance today.

That was possibly the best all round centre forwards display we've had since Saha in 2011 vs Blackpool. 

He doesn't have Sahas finishing prowess but he showed his footballing ability, intelligence and touch out there.  More impressively he capped it off with his usual lung busting work rate. 

Got fans from the likes of Chelsea and man United wanting their club to sign him.

Good on the lad, he's worked hard for this. 

I pushed as hard as anyone for DCL to be given a chance at the start of season and it’s not to get some acknowledgment from others now.

More to get a bit of understanding for when I say I want him to get even better.

Glad he scored today and it rewards his hard work but I really want to see him work on his body shape when finishing. He is always looking to turn and get in behind, definitely has the pace for it as we’ve seen. 

Needs to become more natural at opening his body up and side footing/passing it in. His 1v1 today he went with the outside of the foot and got little power - once he adds a little bit more composure and finesse with shooting/dribbling he will have every attribute he needs.

Absolutely delighted for him and the seasons he’s having but I don’t want him to settle for this when his ceiling is still so much higher.

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Yeah, but if he was a striker he could well have 10 more. I’m actually agreeing with you, he’s the complete forward. Calling him a striker isn’t doing him justice 

I see your point... Sharpe wasn't a natural finisher and DCL isn't as good as him in that area. He needs to work on his ball striking. 

I think my whole argument when we had Rom was that he presented a false economy... his personal goal record belied the performance of the team. It was great to have a player who could slot when 1 on 1 with the keeper or finished a loose ball in the box but many were confusing goals with performances.

I said at the time I would sacrifice Rom for a player who scores half as mulch but offers twice as much in the other areas..... looks like with got a player who scores 1/3 less and offers 3 x more. Rom would be one of the best options out there for a prem club like Man City who could afford to have an expensive bench option to come on with 20 minutes to break a deadlock against tired defenders. 

At the moment there are few players I would swap DCL with... he is making a name for himself and fully deserves all the plaudits.