IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

13 hours ago, pete0 said:

The Everton boss said: "It's true that he hasn't scored [following lockdown] but I think that the most important part is the work that he's doing, also defensively.

"The fact that we've done well defensively comes from the work that all the players were able to do, the strikers first with Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin doing a fantastic job defensively.

"I've never had strikers, honestly, with this kind of energy defensively. I appreciate this a lot.

"It doesn't matter if he didn't score, because he will score again without problem.

"I never asked my strikers in the past to score goals. Work well, work for the team, be humble.

"Dominic is doing all these kind of things and I am really happy with this."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-boss-carlo-ancelotti-honestly-18536865

Great words to hear for him. Wouldn't surprise me if he went and bagged at Spurs as a result.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

yep as others have previously stated with a proper supporting cast he will get 20 goals if he's healthy.  

Yeah - I think the difference so far is service. He is still some way of being ruthless and clinical (He has another couple of easy chances that he didn’t even get on target) but keep feeding him and he’ll score.

But same goes for Richy and Kean. One of these matches it is going to stick for them as a unit and we’ll bury someone, no doubt conceding three.

7 minutes ago, badaids said:

Yeah - I think the difference so far is service. He is still some way of being ruthless and clinical (He has another couple of easy chances that he didn’t even get on target) but keep feeding him and he’ll score.

But same goes for Richy and Kean. One of these matches it is going to stick for them as a unit and we’ll bury someone, no doubt conceding three.

Hea scoring goals, as long as were winning and he's consistently putting the ball in the net I'm not fussed about his missed chances! 

As for richy, hes working hard and it will come. Created 3 goals today so he's doing something right. 

I posted last week that we are possibly shy as a 20 goal a season striker. DCL making me eat my words. 😀

I was so pleased he got his goal last week (after a barren spell after lockdown), to get that confidence back to where is was earlier last season. Looks like its well and truly back.

Loved listening to him in his interview about Ancelotti saying to him about greater strikers just needing 'needing one touch' if they are in the right position. he's definitely taken that on board.

so pleased for the lad.

13 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

One of DCL’s biggest problems was that he didn’t get in the box enough, so he was never around for the tap ins. In fact, he was usually putting the ball into the box for the invisible man to tap in. I’m glad he’s not wasting time and energy working the channels anymore and is a CENTRE forward. 

it is so refreshing to see a ball slung into the box and see ACTUAL players in the box trying to put it in!  how many years of martinez/koeman/silva it seemed the box was hot lava and we couldn't be in there.

Great days work from Dom, I’ve always liked and rated him, but as others have said his goal return wasn’t quite there for a No 9, mainly cos he was running the lines left right and centre, oh how we cheered if he won a header from a long clearance and then got himself on the knockdown, then only had to beat the other defenders to get a shot away.

Carlo now has him playing as a CF getting in the box, and the number of balls into the box has increased, guess what, he is getting opportunities and converting. 
Add Richy finding the net and we’re going to be awesome, his disallowed goal was a beautiful strike, real shame it didn’t get shown on MOTD.

13 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Great days work from Dom, I’ve always liked and rated him, but as others have said his goal return wasn’t quite there for a No 9, mainly cos he was running the lines left right and centre, oh how we cheered if he won a header from a long clearance and then got himself on the knockdown, then only had to beat the other defenders to get a shot away.

Carlo now has him playing as a CF getting in the box, and the number of balls into the box has increased, guess what, he is getting opportunities and converting. 
Add Richy finding the net and we’re going to be awesome, his disallowed goal was a beautiful strike, real shame it didn’t get shown on MOTD.

That was a shame for Richie, that was a truly beautiful strike. 
The last two games, he has done everything other than score. But he is showing what an important player he is for us. 

Dom, Richie, and James is a real fearsome lineup.

10:27

MAN UTD ABANDON CALVERT-LEWIN PURSUIT

Manchester United have pulled the plug on their attempts to sign Dominic Calvert-Lewin after Everton placed an £80m price tag on the striker, according to The Sun.

United are looking to bring in a forward to support Anthony Martial and identified Calvert-Lewin, who recently scored his first career hat-trick in Everton’s 5-2 victory over West Brom.

However, United have been thrown off the scent by Everton’s valuation of the 23-year-old, which if met would be their joint-second highest transfer fee, level with Harry Maguire and behind only the deal that brought Paul Pogba to Old Trafford.

expanded thumbnail

Feck off Utd, probably lazy journalism after his hat trick at the weekend, but never the less FO!