IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

11 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Had absolutely nothing to work with yesterday because there was nothing whatsoever behind him. The defence only wanted to play the ball to each other, slowly. Not helped by the fact the midfield was non-existent - Gylfi went back to finding places to hide, Davies looked knackered from the get go and struggled to find the energy to hit passes hard enough to reach a team mate, and Fabian Delph was Fabian Delph. Richarlison scored but offered nothing other than making me question, again, whether he really is Brazilian.

I think you bypass the work off the ball he does. The lad is 22, hardly misses a game and flies all over the world on international duty. But then again he offered nothing but  bagged again! He is knackered and needs a break 

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

I think you bypass the work off the ball he does. The lad is 22, hardly misses a game and flies all over the world on international duty. But then again he offered nothing but  bagged again! He is knackered and needs a break 

He’s a goal score yes but he often lets him self down with the technical side of the game. It’s easy to forget his age but his general passing and touch is often under par. 
Still l, as mentioned, he gets goals and quite frequently.

11 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Cross threaded here lads, this is DCL not Richy, but your right!

8 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

Cross threaded here lads, this is DCL not Richy, but your right!

Haha I had to read twice.

I was just trying thinking, Eh? DCL has always had more technical ability than finishing ability haha.

For the record DCL has always had a decent touch and technical ability, it’s his decisions that let him down at times. I honk Romey pointed out his touch on the weekend, wasn’t a bad touch, but his decision was wrong as it took him away from goal (might have been MC if not Romey).

But ye, Richie is the opposite. I hate it when he is one on one. His head says, I can do him, his body says, you joking lad!

17 hours ago, Shukes said:

Haha I had to read twice.

I was just trying thinking, Eh? DCL has always had more technical ability than finishing ability haha.

For the record DCL has always had a decent touch and technical ability, it’s his decisions that let him down at times. I honk Romey pointed out his touch on the weekend, wasn’t a bad touch, but his decision was wrong as it took him away from goal (might have been MC if not Romey).

But ye, Richie is the opposite. I hate it when he is one on one. His head says, I can do him, his body says, you joking lad!

It'll have been MC :).

Richie is one of the most ungifted Brazilians for technical ability I have ever watched. He lacks skill in a big way but doesn't seem aware of this fact.

32 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It'll have been MC :).

Richie is one of the most ungifted Brazilians for technical ability I have ever watched. He lacks skill in a big way but doesn't seem aware of this fact.

Seems to make up for it in strength, determination, flair and his ability to finish with either foot or his head. 

He can take people on and beat them, it's just not very orthodox more often than not! 

Definitely a striker not a winger. 

He is a strange one for me, he looks like he should take a player on, but the outcome is the same 90% of the time, he just ends up running into them. 

Hos bay efforts are when he has no decision to make. Once he is given time, he falls apart. It’s almost Barkleyesque!

Still love the lad. Just think his dribbling is his weakest point. We are still talking about Richarlison aren’t we haha! in the DCL thread! 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Newty82 said:

At the end of the day, he carries on like this and he's on 20 goals for the season. He's got 15 games to get another 9.

I've said it before. I think we're a bit snobby when it comes to strikers. We always pine for that 20 goal a season striker. And here we have a kid on that path but because he didn't cost £30mill and isn't a foreigner, he doesn't get the plaudits he deserves.

Amen and as has been stated before lukaku was scoring all the goals.  Now we finally have it spread around and people are upset.  I’d rather not be reliant on 1 person for all the goals in case of injury or suspension.  

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Had absolutely nothing to work with yesterday and still bags a goal, and another poachers goal at that. I'm loving it and if he's not in the next England squad it shows form counts for fuck all.

To be fair he'll struggle to get in Infront of Ings, Abraham, Rashford and Vardy if Southgate tries to get him out of retirement in the absence of Kane. 

Think he has scored more than firminiho this season in the league if I’m not mistaken? I’ve slagged him in the past due to his inability to convert his one chance in the game but that’s because he only ever got one chance. Due to tactics. Let’s get him tied up to a better deal. He obviously is a confident lad. In the rare chance we ever get penalties he could prove to be a good taker and get his numbers up 

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

To be fair he'll struggle to get in Infront of Ings, Abraham, Rashford and Vardy if Southgate tries to get him out of retirement in the absence of Kane. 

He should be ahead of Ings and Abraham comfortably imo. Vardy isn’t suited to how England play if you ask me. I’m a bit meh on Rashford but he doesn’t need to be ahead of him because he’s better than the others. 

On 19/01/2020 at 08:31, Aidan said:

Looks like Rashford will out for a bit now so it might come down to him or Ings.  Should be interesting which one Southgate picks.

On 31/08/2016 at 14:02, Hafnia said:

had a chuckle reading the above - recall seeing similar posts about John Stones a few years back.

Low risk - high reward... what's the problem?

On 28/09/2016 at 09:44, Hafnia said:

Very optimistic about this lad.

On 19/10/2016 at 11:10, Hafnia said:

the young unknown qualtity could be a nice little boost to the squad. Like rashford for man united...

On 19/10/2016 at 13:06, Hafnia said:

looks very slight - has a proper athletes build. Good in the air, quick over the ground... just don't want him getting nailed.

that's said - if you are good enough you are old enough.

On 22/11/2016 at 20:46, Hafnia said:

Looks a real prospect

On 24/11/2016 at 12:08, Hafnia said:

Koeman wants us to press from the front..... who is there to put pressure on Rom to do that?

Naismith was the only player we had who would put in that type of work - now we don't have anyone. I'd give the kid a chance.

On 05/04/2017 at 06:37, Hafnia said:

Don't get it.... he's not ready at all.

On 03/05/2017 at 20:26, Hafnia said:

I have watched him properly after being a bit underwhelmed.

I actually think we have a genuine class act in the making. He is playing out of position but he has all the tools to become a top player.

Reminds me of James Vaughan - a player who i loved... was absolutely gutted to see how injuries messed him up. He would have been an England international regular.

It's going to be good fun to watch the likes of davies, DCL and lookman establish themselves as a force.

On 14/08/2017 at 10:35, Hafnia said:

I think he has a bit of everything this lad. Getting stronger all the time, great leap on him too.

On 23/08/2017 at 15:24, Hafnia said:

Best display of target man/pressing/selflessness/work rate/engaging the centre halves I have seen in a long long time.

Will be a complete forward in my opinion.

On 29/10/2017 at 09:22, Hafnia said:

One of the best things he's got going for him is attitude. Proper Everton striker in the making - the attributes are there to be a classic number 9.  Fearless, good in the air, hard working, a goal will do him good and I'm having a fiver on him scoring today..

On 29/10/2017 at 13:08, Hafnia said:

Agreed....  Mr Kane doesn't seem to be doing too bad for someone who couldn't hit a bulls arse with a banjo 4 years ago...

Fortunately I think DCL has a similar attitude to Kane.  Like Kane he has a solid all round game as a foundation. 

On 30/10/2017 at 17:54, pete0 said:

Rooney 756 mins 4 goals

DCL 701 mins 0 goals

Sandro 215 mins 0 goals

Niasse 197 mins 3 goals. 

On pure stats we should be starting Niasse, but in truth he's better from the bench against tired legs. It's hard to argue Rooney should be dropped for a striker who hasn't scored a goal. 

Rest of the team 0 goals. 

Has any other team gone 10 games without a goal from midfield/defence? 

On 15/11/2017 at 13:52, Hafnia said:

DCL is playing in a very poor team... I don't think many strikers would prosper in it as it has stood. 

The ingredients are there for a very good player indeed. 

On 15/11/2017 at 18:24, pete0 said:

Shows how good a job Rooney has done then. 

On 15/11/2017 at 20:13, Hafnia said:

In what way? He' scored the odd goal and had the odd decent game but not contributed much at all.  Leggy and drops too deep. 

On 15/11/2017 at 20:17, pete0 said:

He's prospered in a poor team, one you admit many would struggle. Rooney has kept par with the rest of the league bar the strikers at the top teams. 

On 03/12/2017 at 09:13, Hafnia said:

Watched the game... the lad impresses me immensely.

Tremendous attitude - for such a slight lad he offers more all round physicality than any of our strikers have done for quite some time. 

Great leap, uses his body smartly, decent aggression.  Other parts of his game are coming on really well.... awareness, movement, the goals will come without being prolific.

Ive said before he reminds me of Graeme Sharp.

On 04/12/2017 at 21:35, Hafnia said:

His forward play is friggin brilliant. He is a stone or 2 away from his ideal weight but he cant half mix it.

His touch and hold up play is very very good.  The goals will hopefully come too. 

On 08/12/2017 at 11:44, Hafnia said:

Kanes finishing wasn't anywhere near the level it is now at DCL's age.  

As he gets more experience, fills out a bit more etc you will see him convert more. 

He's got the mentality I identify with proper forwards... he is at it all the time.  He will be a quality quality player.  Tremendous touch and aerial ability. 

On 09/12/2017 at 14:08, Hafnia said:

I think he will surprise us.  His development has been rapid. Clearly a bright lad. 

On 11/12/2017 at 11:04, pete0 said:

In Calvert-Lewin he has a Kevin Davies-Nicolas Anelka hybrid in the making.
Unfortunately he's nothing like Anelka ability-wise. Gladly he's not a gobshite like him though. 

On 18/03/2018 at 19:02, pete0 said:

His finishing is terrible, unless that improves he'll not be much of a striker. But he's got good feet, lots of energy,  a decent build and likes to get stuck in. Think he'd make a decent midfielder with someone next to him coaching him through the game. Probably needs a move down to further his career, I reckon he'd excel at somewhere like Burnley. 

On 15/03/2019 at 12:07, Hafnia said:

The lad is improving all the time and I put it down to having a first class attitude. 

I said 2 years ago that he looks a proper athlete and he just needs to bulk up a bit.  His control is on point, his running very good and he gives defenders a job to do.  Made a few smart finishes this season which indicates his finishing is improving. 

Attitude is everything.  He can really go on to be a Harry Kane... I said it  while ago and I see nothing that changes that.... only reinforces it. 

On 17/03/2019 at 10:29, Hafnia said:

I had Kane as a good player when many thought he was garbage... not because I'm a super scout but for the same things I see in DCL. - good athlete, very hard working and dedicated and rounded.   DCL  will get an England call up before long. 

On 19/03/2019 at 12:33, pete0 said:

You jest but I was in the minority that said he should be starting over Tosun. 

On 19/03/2019 at 14:36, Hafnia said:

Bailey said he earned his place ahead of Cenk. You said he is a terrible finisher but other parts of his game are good and that he is ideal for a club like Burnley. 

Just putting it out there Pete.....