IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

On 23/01/2020 at 18:58, markjazzbassist said:

Haf everyone knows you rate DCL, no need to post that mate.  at one point you said you'd prefer him over lukaku, so we get it man.  DCL is a nice player, bought for a pittance too i think 1.5m or something.  i'm very happy for him and i hope we extend his contract.

Argh is that who he’s talking about it wasn’t clear and maybe needed a few more historic posts to prove his point 😂

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Fuck me Haf that was from the heart 💙 get in mate with you all the way, regardless of names we want players who give a fuck. 

Yep.... I'm sick of passengers palf.  Players who can do far more but try and do the minimum.  

Overpaid, underperforming  PR experts full of boring post-defeat cliches. The place is a toxic den of young men who earn millions of pounds. 

35 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

nice post haf.  out of curiosity other than DCL do you see any other players with that same attitude in the squad?

I used to see Seamus with it.... but as micky said to Rocky balboa ..... "you got civilised"..... he used to have a nasty hunger.... now he's like a Phil Neville.... 

Tom Davies has a good attitude but sadly I think his mind isn't on it and he needs a loan.  His lack of athleticism is a worry.

I think Bernie has great heart, so does Richarlison..... it just needs channelling, the sane with Holgate... he's a fighter but can get carried away with himself 

Then you have Pickford who I just think is unprofessional....seems to have a maturity problem that will not go away.... it's a mixture of ego, bravado, stupidity, which he thinks is being portrayed as confidence and mental strength. 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I used to see Seamus with it.... but as micky said to Rocky balboa ..... "you got civilised"..... he used to have a nasty hunger.... now he's like a Phil Neville.... 

Tom Davies has a good attitude but sadly I think his mind isn't on it and he needs a loan.  His lack of athleticism is a worry.

I think Bernie has great heart, so does Richarlison..... it just needs channelling, the sane with Holgate... he's a fighter but can get carried away with himself 

Then you have Pickford who I just think is unprofessional....seems to have a maturity problem that will not go away.... it's a mixture of ego, bravado, stupidity, which he thinks is being portrayed as confidence and mental strength. 

I think Kean has shown good work ethic it hasn’t quite come together for him yet, but you can’t knock him for trying, still only 19 so plenty of time to yet. 

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I think his horrific injury has had a lot to do with it. He’s never really got back to his marauding best. 

I also agree with your view on the rest. Pickford is a strange one for me and it’s to late for me to start a long post of the reasons why now. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Finn balor said:

He’s looking like a complete number nine. Today summed it up. He wasn’t involved much, but he could have had a hatrick. He’s got to be in the next England squad. And a nice new contract. Be nice him and Holgate in the squad 

Yesterday wasn’t his best game, but he did assist in Richarlison goal with the headed flick on, and scored one himself, by being in the right place, something we were all critical about until recently, he positioning has improved immensely, assisted by the formation we’re now playing. MOTD talked up the developing relationship between Dom and Richy last night. What I’ve always been impressed by is his effort and how he puts himself about, which he did again yesterday, there was one instance late on after he missed a chance to score, and rather than letting his  head drop, he was chasing defenders down and won the ball back, it’s that sort of play that gets Goodison rocking imo.

After the final whistle there was a tiny pitch invader, looked to be about 2-3 years old, ran onto the pitch up to Dom, with two stewards chasing,  and asked for his shirt. Dom talked to him for a bit then gave him his shirt, a lovely touch, I hope the little un doesn’t get a life ban!

11 league goals in 24 games, he has started 19 of those. 

13 goals so far all in all for the season. 

Previously Dom had scored 11 league goals in his whole career, he's matched that tally this season and is on his way to 15+ league goals. 

I personally had wrote him off after the end of last season and didn't think he had what it took to lead the line for a Premier league club, but he's really improved his game this season.

10 hours ago, Btay said:

Wish he had scored the easy one at the end, regardless of the result or circumstance he needs to finish that. 

Pleased he is getting goals and feel he has reached the level I said he would in pre season but really want him to keep challenging himself. He has all the tools to be as good as he wants.

I always think they are far harder than they look those chances. It's almost as though you stand a better chance of scoring if you scuff the effort.  

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I always think they are far harder than they look those chances. It's almost as though you stand a better chance of scoring if you scuff the effort.  

Should absolutely be putting them away if he’s to be a 20 goal striker. To be fair - it’s the only thing I feel he really need to improve on right now. He’s having a cracker season. 22 years old and has carried so much responsibility the last few years.