IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I gave him a hard time at first but after that first period I’ve been so impressed with him and I’ve said before, he could be our Kane but better rounded as well as a goal threat. He will be on the radar for many “bigger” clubs in the summer so I hope we’re sorting a new contract out for him, he’s certainly earning it. 

I’ve watched him over the last three seasons, he has always struck me as a player who will run and run and run for the team, in addition to that with the support he now has he has become in the goalscorer that we’ve always wanted him to be. I really hope that it continues to develop becomes one of the best strikers we’ve seen at Goodison for a long time, I do think of the teams will come knocking on our door for him, but I think Dom is a player who will stay at Goodison as he appears to love playing here and is now getting love from us as well

Not sure what the difference in the last few games or even this season but the boy is proving me very wrong. I always rated his work rate strength etc but slated him for lack of goals. I think I said if he gets 15 he would well a truly change my mind. I think if he keeps half this type of scoring form up for the rest of the season I will have to eat my hat.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

True, but he’s already improved massively on other flaws, I’ve no doubt he’ll become more clinical with more time in front of goal (now that he has a partner)

Maybe, but I haven't seen a lot of technical improvement in him since he burst on the scene. He just doesn't strike the ball well enough regularly enough. 

His game craft has improved massively though, especially with someone alongside him so I am more than happy to watch him score tap ins and headers every game!

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Steady on. The potential is there but it's a bit early to be comparing him to one of our greats.

That said I love what he's doing and I hope he carries on, very impressed.

Sharpey struggled at first mike. Had the same body build. Good in the air and unselfish. DCl hasn’t got sheedy and Steven granted 

3 hours ago, Aidan said:

10 in 20 this season. Surprising me and a lot of others. Credit where credit is due, unless we discount a few of those goals like people like to, then technically he's only got about 3 so far this season. 

It hurts some to change their minds though. I just hope these same people will start slating Kean soon.

As soon as they do we will know Kean is a top player. 

love for Everton should always come before hatred of a player, or being wrong.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Maybe, but I haven't seen a lot of technical improvement in him since he burst on the scene. He just doesn't strike the ball well enough regularly enough. 

His game craft has improved massively though, especially with someone alongside him so I am more than happy to watch him score tap ins and headers every game!

The reason I compare him to Kane is because, way back when I watched everything all the time, Kane couldn’t score or hit the ball properly to save his life around that age. At some point that changed and it was learning the technique and actually be able to apply it in a competitive atmosphere. DCL may well already know how to do it, but he’s never really has opportunity to put practice into reality. Does that make sense?

7 hours ago, Matt said:

The reason I compare him to Kane is because, way back when I watched everything all the time, Kane couldn’t score or hit the ball properly to save his life around that age. At some point that changed and it was learning the technique and actually be able to apply it in a competitive atmosphere. DCL may well already know how to do it, but he’s never really has opportunity to put practice into reality. Does that make sense?

No

I feel like a proud dad whenever he scores because I've been desperate for this lad to do well. I wasn't sure he had it in him as a goalscorer and I was a little pissed about just how selfless he was (it was costing him by not being in the right place), but he's become a little bit more selfish and is now in the position for those tap ins and for when little bits of luck drop in the oppositions penalty area.

The Don and Dom sitting in a tree!

9 hours ago, Matt said:

Perfect sense mate. I watched Kane from a very young age, as I used a watch a lot u15, u18 and u21 internationals. He was always second best to Hallam Hope.... and we know how he turned out.

DCL has always had food technique and at lower levels scored a lot of goals. That’s because he was always in the team for England. For Everton he never really had a good run, always but parts.

I have blew his trumpet for a long time as i really believed that given a good run, he could do a very good job. And despite anyone’s opinions on him.... he has. He has proved he is good enough for the premier league, h has proved that he can score goals. He is becoming a bit of a Gana again, where he seems to be getting universal praise, and just a couple keep trying to play him down. 

The good trying is, that the ones playing him down have a habit of backing of the wrong horse. When they play players down it’s almost guaranteed that player will come good 😉

1 hour ago, johnh said:

Its early days but I don't think the 'Ancelotti factor' is a coincidence.  I don't think Silva had any clue how to make best use of DCL.  Ancelotti saw something straight away and both tactics and training ground work are showing some early results.

Getting the ball to him in the box should have been a start. I have no idea how Silva thought we were gonna win games. Only ever won if the other team had a  shitter. 

21 hours ago, MC11 said:

You can we he works really hard on his conditioning. He’s in great shape and that reflects with the running he does. 

like others I was always frustrated with him as I just didn’t think he’d ever score enough goals. Long may his form continue.

Same here. He's showing now why it's important to have a striker that can score goals AND bring others into play. You need both from your striker if you want to accomplish anything. 

16 hours ago, Bailey said:

My only criticism of him at the moment. He still hits it a bit soft. Credit to him for being in the right place for Richarlison's low cross, but that was a weak hit as well. 

4 minutes ago, StevO said:

Don’t care how hard he hits the ball as long as he gets it over the line. 
I don’t remember seeing Henry smash too many balls into the goal, not that he’s at that level, but how hard it’s hit isn’t as important as how accurately it’s hit. 

Awwwwww what a finisher! Used to love watching his running goals, all about his body shape and placing it in far corners - precision over power. Beautiful player.

2 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Awwwwww what a finisher! Used to love watching his running goals, all about his body shape and placing it in far corners - precision over power. Beautiful player.

Loved watching him, just a shame it was always so easy for us against us. Him and Torres (in his Liverpool years) were just unbelievable. 

5 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Can’t remember Henry scoring against us? He never fancied it at goodison i know that 

I got laughed at on here for saying that. He was dreadful at Goodison, I remember one in particular where he just stood left wing all game and barely made a sprint.