IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

Bambi found his skates! Brilliant! 

Made me quite emotional reading that. As a parent you do so many things to bring your kids up the best that you possibly can....

His mum and dad got an awful lot right.

FFS I feel smug and proud thinking that I backed him to do well.... they are the real backers! Well done Dom's mum and dad.b

3 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Made me quite emotional reading that. As a parent you do so many things to bring your kids up the best that you possibly can....

FFS I feel smug and proud thinking that I backed him to do well.... they are the real backers! Well done Dom's mum and dad.b

You backed him to go on loan...

4 hours ago, Hafnia said:

It’s like being into a band before it is cool. The problem for me is those whose opinions don’t change once the facts change. Pickford is a good example in my case. Gave him the benefit of the doubt last year as he was excellent the year prior. I was willing to give him a pass on the odd mistake based on that last history but throughout the course  season of the season I slowly lost confidence in him. After his start I’m now clearly in the “get better or get out” camp which probably includes almost everyone now. 

12 hours ago, Palfy said:

He’s found the consistency and confidence which I felt was missing in past years, he’s now becoming the finished article he’s making it look effortless which all great strikers do, reminds me of myself a bit 🤥

He's a combination of of pure athleticism and hard work.  I said at the start he reminded me of Harry Kane.  He's a far better athlete than him but Kane has a composure and a shot with either foot that makes him clinical from anywhere.  That may come from Dom but it's not necessary 

It would have been a pity if we sold him to someone like Burnley to be a yard dog Kevin Davies type striker. Fortunately I know the coaches knew he was highly coachable the way Kane is. 

He's had to endure bad service, playing on the right, times where his age meant we should be relying on the likes of Niasse, Tosun.

Great lad and a great attitude. 

15 hours ago, pete0 said:

You backed him to go on loan...

I also back sending Branthwaite on loan.   I also back him to play for England and beva £60m centre half for us.  

On 17/03/2019 at 10:29, Hafnia said:

I had Kane as a good player when many thought he was garbage... not because I'm a super scout but for the same things I see in DCL. - good athlete, very hard working and dedicated and rounded.   DCL  will get an England call up before long. 

On 16/03/2019 at 19:09, Hafnia said:

To make it brief he is very much in the mould of an old everton number 9.  Sharp, Gray, Ferguson.... physically strong, good in the air, prepared to engage the centre halves in a physical contest. But he has real pace,  technically his control is very good, he can pass it well enough, maybe he can't put his laces through it like Rooney or Kane but that won't impede him being a good finisher which I see is getting better all the time. 

The best attribute he has is his attitude. You see a difference in our play when he is on the pitch.... he plays like a man not a moaner

On 16/03/2019 at 11:58, Hafnia said:

What parts of his play do you see him lacking? I think he's quite a well rounded player tbh and seems to be progressing which is the biggest positive. 

On 15/03/2019 at 12:07, Hafnia said:

The lad is improving all the time and I put it down to having a first class attitude. 

I said 2 years ago that he looks a proper athlete and he just needs to bulk up a bit.  His control is on point, his running very good and he gives defenders a job to do.  Made a few smart finishes this season which indicates his finishing is improving. 

Attitude is everything.  He can really go on to be a Harry Kane... I said it  while ago and I see nothing that changes that.... only reinforces it. 

On 11/12/2017 at 11:04, pete0 said:

In Calvert-Lewin he has a Kevin Davies-Nicolas Anelka hybrid in the making.
Unfortunately he's nothing like Anelka ability-wise. Gladly he's not a gobshite like him though. 

On 18/03/2018 at 19:02, pete0 said:

His finishing is terrible, unless that improves he'll not be much of a striker. But he's got good feet, lots of energy,  a decent build and likes to get stuck in. Think he'd make a decent midfielder with someone next to him coaching him through the game. Probably needs a move down to further his career, I reckon he'd excel at somewhere like Burnley. 

I was putting the onus on his parents and you have to make it a cock measuring contest.  

Here to celebrate an Everton striker doing his thing for England.  Back on hide you go. 

Sorry gents, as you were ..... 

14 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Looks like Dom could start this. Great news for him and hopeful of a safe return to us with no niggles in time for the derby. Hes going to be well up for it against the shite, I feel like they're running scared this season. 

Grealish must start too I think. Wish we pulled the trigger on getting him. He would be a better option than Gomes in the main. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I also back sending Branthwaite on loan.   I also back him to play for England and beva £60m centre half for us.  

I was putting the onus on his parents and you have to make it a cock measuring contest.  

Here to celebrate an Everton striker doing his thing for England.  Back on hide you go. 

Sorry gents, as you were ..... 

So when the likes of you didn't think he was good enough for the prem you quote me backing him not only to be a premier League footballer but he'd excel at Burnley. You know because they'd play to his strengths, athletism and heading ability.

You've already lost this dick measuring contest before. As for the putting onus on his parents you literally said you feel smug. You were claiming credit like you got it right for once but nope his dad left your name out of the tweet just as he did Marco Silva.

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

So when the likes of you didn't think he was good enough for the prem you quote me backing him not only to be a premier League footballer but he'd excel at Burnley. You know because they'd play to his strengths, athletism and heading ability.

You've already lost this dick measuring contest before. As for the putting onus on his parents you literally said you feel smug. You were claiming credit like you got it right for once but nope his dad left your name out of the tweet just as he did Marco Silva.

"Think he'd make a decent midfielder with someone next to him coaching him through the game. Probably needs a move down to further his career, I reckon he'd excel at somewhere like Burnley.   - peteO. March 2018

Come on Boris you little fibber... Tell me where I've said we should let him go and he's not good enough for the prem.  

It's very very good the search function... You probably need to learn how to use it to stop getting starmered.... Bluster bluster bluster. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

Fingers crossed he does well and gets through it ok, he needs rest. 

If he does well he will probably be playing Wednesday, as long as the training isn’t punishing playing is the best form of fitness and much more enjoyable, he’ll be fine mate and looking forward to the derby believing he’s going to score a few. 

9 hours ago, Hafnia said:

"Think he'd make a decent midfielder with someone next to him coaching him through the game. Probably needs a move down to further his career, I reckon he'd excel at somewhere like Burnley.   - peteO. March 2018

Come on Boris you little fibber... Tell me where I've said we should let him go and he's not good enough for the prem.  

It's very very good the search function... You probably need to learn how to use it to stop getting starmered.... Bluster bluster bluster. 

Only one fibber on here and that's you Billy liar, thought you had me on ignore? 

Twist it all you want, you've used one comment out of context yet your backing of him are all 2019 when most will have come round to him. I've backed the kid when you fully backed Marco Silva and wanted Tosun up front, and you just like Marco didn't think DCL was good enough for the prem. He's had both of you off though hasn't he.

On 19/03/2019 at 14:36, Hafnia said:

Bailey said he earned his place ahead of Cenk. You said he is a terrible finisher but other parts of his game are good and that he is ideal for a club like Burnley. 

On 19/03/2019 at 15:33, pete0 said:

Do you not agree he'd be better off playing for Burnley than us? Four out of his six goals are with his head. 

Don't know why you reference Bailey. I said it at the start of the season based on the attributes of the strikers we've got DCL should be first choice. You said Tosun... 

@Hafnia enjoy. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I’m going to start invoicing people for wasting time and put it towards the site if this shit continues. No one else here wants to be part of your pissing, take it to PM or the posts will be deleted without warning this time. 

Do it.  Honestly you have my permission. Get rid of all that shite and the Gana and Lukaku thread for the most part.  The Michael Keane thread and Jagielka thread has a shed of toxic shite in there too. 

Embarrassing being a part of it.   

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Do it.  Honestly you have my permission. Get rid of all that shite and the Gana and Lukaku thread for the most part.  The Michael Keane thread and Jagielka thread has a shed of toxic shite in there too. 

Embarrassing being a part of it.   

Don’t need your permission Haf, but I’ll take it into consideration for your posts. Honestly it shouldn’t have needed saying again 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Don’t need your permission Haf, but I’ll take it into consideration for your posts. Honestly it shouldn’t have needed saying again 

Clearly permission isn't needed Matt as we already know.     You can take it into consideration for all the shite including your own.