IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

27 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I can see it now. Gana and Allan in the centre. Allan makes the tackle and gives it to Gana ( because Gana has seniority due to his amazing attacking runs ).... Gana ghosts past a few players, crosses the ball in. DCL gets up highest and wins a brilliant knockdown, straight to Lukaku. Lukaku hits it first time........

And it sails up in the air to the directors boxes and knocks Palfys drink out his hand!

😂😂 You nutter

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I can see it now. Gana and Allan in the centre. Allan makes the tackle and gives it to Gana ( because Gana has seniority due to his amazing attacking runs ).... Gana ghosts past a few players, crosses the ball in. DCL gets up highest and wins a brilliant knockdown, straight to Lukaku. Lukaku hits it first time........

And it sails up in the air to the directors boxes and knocks Palfys drink out his hand!

Was funny up until that point, don't be making jokes about spilling drinks:majoroverreactionalert:

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

6 blanks in a row now, you can see the frustration in his game due to lack of service, he’s reverting back to how he was before Carlo turned up, he’s looking for the ball deeper in his own half again and not getting in the area as much as he should, he needs to verbally fire some fucks into the players who aren’t giving him the service he needs, instead of staying quiet when he makes the move and the ball doesn’t come. 

Highlights what James and Digne mean going forward. Godfrey has been impressive and solid at the back but we have lost so much going forward. Gylfi is just Gylfi - i am really interested in seeing Gomes in that role.

1 minute ago, Btay said:

Highlights what James and Digne mean going forward. Godfrey has been impressive and solid at the back but we have lost so much going forward. Gylfi is just Gylfi - i am really interested in seeing Gomes in that role.

Digne has to come straight back in when he's fully fit. Even if Godfrey is doing well once he's ready there's no question he goes out of the side regardless.

Just now, Romey 1878 said:

Digne has to come straight back in when he's fully fit. Even if Godfrey is doing well once he's ready there's no question he goes out of the side regardless.

Absolutely. So much respect for Godfrey and what he has done though but i agree. I hope he gets a run at CB in the cup game or something soon because he has 100% deserved it.

I also think there is more of an element of his play being sussed out too. The last 3 teams we have played have given him no space behind. They have forced him to come short where he isn’t going to hurt you. 

At one point yesterday he came deep into around the half way line and not one West Ham player went near him because they know they don't have to. They kept their shape and made sure his easy passes where backwards or sideways. A couple of times he tried to force it and misplaced the pass because it wasn't on. 

As others have said, it will also help when James is back and Digne is causing more threat down the left as it will mean less focus is being paid to Dom. Even with that, I suspect he will still find it more difficult to score than he did early season.

38 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

It's all because we have no movement off the ball and the likes of Richarlison isn't beating his man which means we aren't breaking lines so he's getting picked up by 2 centre halves.

Can't have a lone striker and no movement to free him up. 

We do have some movement, its just a lot more predictable and we don't have James, Digne and to an extent Allan playing the passes. 

We shouldn't be relying on Richarlison beating his man to create chances for DCL either. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

We do have some movement, its just a lot more predictable and we don't have James, Digne and to an extent Allan playing the passes. 

We shouldn't be relying on Richarlison beating his man to create chances for DCL either. 

Bailey look at DCL goals and you might see where he’s scoring from mainly in side the 6 yrd box, with the ball being played in mainly from the byline, that’s why we have to rely on the likes of Richarlison Iwobi James Digne and Coleman to beat their man getting to the line and putting a decent cross in whether along the ground or in the air to give him something to attack, that’s how he’s been getting his goals. 
His goals have dried up because the players who meant to be his supply line aren’t doing what they should be  

58 minutes ago, Palfy said:

His goals have dried up because the players who meant to be his supply line aren’t doing what they should be  

I would correct that to say those players aren’t there.  Without fullbacks the crosses and wide play is nil.  With digne and a new RB and we can start doing it again.  Gotta get Aaron’s in this January.  Coleman is past it.

19 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I would correct that to say those players aren’t there.  Without fullbacks the crosses and wide play is nil.  With digne and a new RB and we can start doing it again.  Gotta get Aaron’s in this January.  Coleman is past it.

He wasn’t past it for the first half dozen games of the season. I agree we need better cover and ideally a long term replacement for him, but past it is strong. 

48 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

I said here and elesewhete he is cup rotation and injury sub player.  He is past being a regular starter.  On his day he’s quality, sadly those are far and few.

At the moment he’s still the best right back we’ve got, he’s the first choice and if someone wants to replace him they need to  bring more to the table than he does. 

1 minute ago, StevO said:

At the moment he’s still the best right back we’ve got, he’s the first choice and if someone wants to replace him they need to  bring more to the table than he does. 

He is but that doesn’t make it right, we’ve had a succession of managers who have all known that the RB position has been a position of concern for a long time now, and that relying on an ageing player who is struggling with injuries with no real credible back up is a joke for any team. 
I hope Ancelotti isn’t another who ignores this problem and gets a replacement in soon. 

On 02/01/2021 at 15:34, Palfy said:

Bailey look at DCL goals and you might see where he’s scoring from mainly in side the 6 yrd box, with the ball being played in mainly from the byline, that’s why we have to rely on the likes of Richarlison Iwobi James Digne and Coleman to beat their man getting to the line and putting a decent cross in whether along the ground or in the air to give him something to attack, that’s how he’s been getting his goals. 

Ah yes, that supply line that is really easy and predictable to provide. If every side could muster the same type of 6 yards goals Dom was scoring there would be 15 strikers with 15+ goals a season!

His goals have dried up because the supply line was never going to be that good all season long. It's even less likely with the injuries we have sustained.

Everyone needs to do more.

Agreed, it’s a collective failure at the moment. We aren’t creating chances, we are conceding chances, players aren’t playing to their ability’s, some aren’t working as hard as they should.

But more than anything, and this is an Everton problem for a long time, is not enough players on the pitch willing to take responsibility.

Im a massive Dom fan, but last game he deserved to come off. It’s like he was looking at his team mates as if it’s all their fault, and waiting for something to happen. Sometimes you need to go out and make something happen. This is Dom’s weak point at the moment. If it’s not happening for him, he doesn’t look the type to make it happen..... or not enough. 

Remember Chelsea last year, he made goals himself.

36 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Agreed, it’s a collective failure at the moment. We aren’t creating chances, we are conceding chances, players aren’t playing to their ability’s, some aren’t working as hard as they should.

But more than anything, and this is an Everton problem for a long time, is not enough players on the pitch willing to take responsibility.

Im a massive Dom fan, but last game he deserved to come off. It’s like he was looking at his team mates as if it’s all their fault, and waiting for something to happen. Sometimes you need to go out and make something happen. This is Dom’s weak point at the moment. If it’s not happening for him, he doesn’t look the type to make it happen..... or not enough. 

Remember Chelsea last year, he made goals himself.

I agree with all of what you’ve said Shukes, I think the issue is that Carlo told him to play between the posts. So if he’s not getting the service it makes it hard. When he goes looking for the ball he isn’t the type to beat a couple of players and score. 
Im not sure Dom can have that impact on his own, but I’d love to see it. 

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think both Shukes and StevO nail it on the head.

Even when Dom was scoring he wasn't getting loads of chances nor was he heavily involved in the game, however when he got the chance he scored.

Those guilt edged chances have dried up and now he is playing the same way but without the goal threat.

I also think you can get in a bit of a downward spiral. When James, Richarlison and Digne were putting quality balls into the box, he was making run after run because they will find him. When you have Iwobi stopping and starting his runs, no other winger that can beat a man and a centre back at left back it becomes very easy to stop making those runs even if the ball does come in. If he stops making those runs, the people playing the ball hesitate even more and inevitably the ball goes backwards and sideways rather than into the box.

I thought Carragher did an interesting piece on the City/Chelsea game in that he showed how Chelsea's passing out the back went to pot following City's first chance. They lost their bottle, they made poor decisions and conceded one and then another fairly quickly.

I thought the piece on Chelsea was brilliant analysis by carragher ... It shows how important it is to be brave.  Michael Ball wrote a piece also about how quiet the Everton side was Vs West Ham 

LEADERS 

Without them in a side bollocking people for hiding, for not showing, you get players doing what we've seen so much from in the likes of Gylfi and Gomes.

Southampton last night were superb, even when Liverpool were pushing Southampton kept shape, asked questions of Liverpool and were bold on the ball. 

Till we get rid of that mindset we will always struggle to win anything.