IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

9 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I do expect more than that, but if that's the way the manager is asking him to play then I don't really see the point in getting annoyed about him not doing it. He's got instructions and he's carrying them out.

Fair enough I’m not going to argue with that, but I find it so annoying that he’s has everything in his armour to be so much better in my eyes 👀 

13 minutes ago, MC11 said:

He offers absolutely nothing other than the goals he’s scored and those goals are nowhere near as prolific as Lineker so a poor comparison - for now anyway. 

I also believe Carlo has told him to goal hang because he knows his game is limited. That’s getting the best out of him. His all around game is poor and whilst he’s not the worst striker we’ve had he’s nowhere near the best or the answer. We need another striker to at least put pressure on his place in the team. 

His heading, hold up play, ability to bring balls down under his control, lay off's  and bringing players into the game are very good. 

Just going through a rough patch in terms of goals, but that will come good again. Carlo keeps him in the box because thsts where he is most effective. We need his presence there to be the focal point of attacks. Players like James, Richy, and Doucoure feed balls to him, that's their job.

5 minutes ago, London Blue said:

His heading, hold up play, ability to bring balls down under his control, lay off's  and bringing players into the game are very good. 

Just going through a rough patch in terms of goals, but that will come good again. Carlo keeps him in the box because thsts where he is most effective. We need his presence there to be the focal point of attacks. Players like James, Richy, and Doucoure feed balls to him, that's their job.

It’s actually not though!!

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Picked to start for England 

Be nice if he banged a few in, not like it's tough oppostion, San Marino are ranked 210th out of 210 by FIFA. Don't want to start like this again though (actually I wouldn't mind at all if we did, it was bloody hilarious😂)!

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Really? I'm not watching, he'll only get an hour if he's lucky so needs to be taking his chances.

Yeah, he should be but he’s cruising more than trying. 

England should be 8 up already, some cracking saves from their keeper 

I didn’t even know England were playing. Couldn’t give a toss about them these days. But it sounds like Dom should have done a bit better than 2 goals.

We’ve played San Marino quite often but we never seem to thrash them the way other teams do... I remember watching them score that goal against us in the first 10 seconds in the 94 World Cup qualifiers.

• 2 weeks later...

Tied for 4th most goals in the league and people want to bench him and play a midfielder at forward.  This is why Everton can’t have nice things.  He has 19 goals and 4 assists in all comps.  Scores goals which is what I want from a striker, I’d like to keep playing him up top thank you very much

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Tied for 4th most goals in the league and people want to bench him and play a midfielder at forward.  This is why Everton can’t have nice things.  He has 19 goals and 4 assists in all comps.  Scores goals which is what I want from a striker, I’d like to keep playing him up top thank you very much

Not sure people are calling for him to be dropped... He’s improved his goal scoring but he needs to improve his finishing to become a top level striker. Hopefully they are putting the work in with him to achieve that.

8 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

FFS MJB he's got 4th most goals now but was top scorer .... His trajectory has been downwards for a while now and personally I think he's knackered. 

I've vocal about DCLs strengths for some time and I said he would come good as a mechanical goalscorer - which he has.

To be the player he can be - he needs to be sharp and fully fresh.  At the moment he's not been playing well. 

You can't rely on one striker.  For me he needs the burden relieving - he could play several positions.  

12 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Or back in the real world two people were talking about other ways you could use James to make the most of that players attributes whilst not sacrificing the shape of the side.

As for DCL he is still the same player he was last season. His effort is a lot more focused by Ancellotti which is the biggest change but technically and creatively he is the same player with the same limitations, whilst having the same physical qualities.

Does anyone else think he’s been far to over used due to no real competition in the squad, I’m not going down the road of he’s tired as he is one of the fittest if not the fittest in the team, and would want to play every game. I think he’s gone off the boil through lack of genuine competition, he can afford to have back to back poor games and pretty much guarantee to play the next, he needs the competition to push him on. 
It worked wonders for Pickford. 

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Does anyone else think he’s been far to over used due to no real competition in the squad, I’m not going down the road of he’s tired as he is one of the fittest if not the fittest in the team, and would want to play every game. I think he’s gone off the boil through lack of genuine competition, he can afford to have back to back poor games and pretty much guarantee to play the next, he needs the competition to push him on. 
It worked wonders for Pickford. 

I think he is tired. He actually looks like he needs to put on a few pounds too.  Whether it be physically or mentally - doing his role in our side can't be easy. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

I think he is tired. He actually looks like he needs to put on a few pounds too.  Whether it be physically or mentally - doing his role in our side can't be easy. 

I agree he does look a lot leaning than 18 months ago, and that is undoubtedly due to the amount of games and the work he is being asked to get through in those games, but he’s still physically strong and able to bully people.