IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

10 hours ago, Matt said:

He's had a poor second half to the season goals wise, along with the whole team. Yet again though, let's cash in on our leading goalscorer. I mean :doh:

I wouldn't sell. Not for £150m. Why? Because despite an up and down season, he's still managed 20 goals this season. Could easily have been 30 if James had been more fit, injuries etc. The lad is going to be a sensation. Just play to his strengths and we won't be talking 20-30, we'll be looking 30-40. If he's given the service. 

I'm not disputing DCLs quality.... I was one of the few touting him to become the player he is.

My point is that he could attract far more money than he is worth.  There is more hype to him than any other player we have. Every player has a price and DCL is one who could see a daft bid come in.

Do I think he's a goalscorer?  Not really no.  I think he has engineered a method for scoring goals in certain situations.  But I don't trust him to be as clinical in certain situations. 

He's a superb target man but I don't think the evolution of our team would play to his strengths. 

In an ideal world with no FFP you would keep him and get Usmanov to finance us to buy £300m worth of players.  But that's not happening. 

Wow.... Get me writing this after spending post after post explaining why DCL would become a player capable of replacing Lukaku

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I'm not disputing DCLs quality.... I was one of the few touting him to become the player he is.

My point is that he could attract far more money than he is worth.  There is more hype to him than any other player we have. Every player has a price and DCL is one who could see a daft bid come in.

Do I think he's a goalscorer?  Not really no.  I think he has engineered a method for scoring goals in certain situations.  But I don't trust him to be as clinical in certain situations. 

He's a superb target man but I don't think the evolution of our team would play to his strengths. 

In an ideal world with no FFP you would keep him and get Usmanov to finance us to buy £300m worth of players.  But that's not happening. 

Wow.... Get me writing this after spending post after post explaining why DCL would become a player capable of replacing Lukaku

Trust me, this is just as infuriating :lol:

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Trust me, this is just as infuriating :lol:

Why?  It's an opinion.  You wouldn't sell for £150m?  That's the fee for Haarland.

The whole premise on transfer operations is buy low sell high .....  If you can sell a player for £30m more than they are worth and buy an equal player for £20m less than they are worth then it's a £50m player extra in your squad should the money he invested. 

Do I rate DCL? Yes, love the lad.  Do I think that he could be overpriced? Yes.  

Liverpool sold coutinho and built a title winning side with the money. 

22 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Why?  It's an opinion.  You wouldn't sell for £150m?  That's the fee for Haarland.

The whole premise on transfer operations is buy low sell high .....  If you can sell a player for £30m more than they are worth and buy an equal player for £20m less than they are worth then it's a £50m player extra in your squad should the money he invested. 

Do I rate DCL? Yes, love the lad.  Do I think that he could be overpriced? Yes.  

Liverpool sold coutinho and built a title winning side with the money. 

Steady on haf - liverpool already had most their players at the point they sold him. 

I don’t think we can keep selling our best assets and replacing them. Right now with Carlo/Moshiri we can attract the best players I can remember. So let’s get them and keep our key stars.

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

haf no chance we are getting Haaland, if we get 150m we will have to overpay by at least 20m on the striker we buy.  so who we gonna get?  

I don't think Haf's suggesting we'll get Haaland, he's just talking valuations (as I understood it).

In our league the only striker that is a level above him is Aguero and he's nearing retirement. 

If we look to sell and bring in a more senior player there's only Lukaku who I can think of, but he's not gonna leave champions League football to come back to us this summer. Any one else would be a risk ss they're unproven in the league or no better.

Of players his age and under there's only Haaland and Mbappe that I know of that are notably better. 

Just now, c1982 said:

Kane?

He's got more power in his shots from outside the box but other than that DCL is better in every department. 

Stronger, fitter, faster, dribbling, touch (Kane's is shocking), hold up play, aerial, reading the play/better movement. 

9 minutes ago, StevO said:

Shit touch Kane. See them goals at Goodison Park the other week?

I’d love us to have a striker as good as Harry Kane. The man is on another level. 

Kane is undoubtedly the elite striker of the premier league. If he goes to a proper big team he will score as many goals as he wants. Fitness is his only question mark 

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

He's got more power in his shots from outside the box but other than that DCL is better in every department. 

Stronger, fitter, faster, dribbling, touch (Kane's is shocking), hold up play, aerial, reading the play/better movement. 

We're.... we're talking about the guy leading the league in goals and assists....yeah? Just wanna make sure we're all talking about the same Kane. 

To say that Kane and DCL are on the same level is preposterous. And this coming from someone who is a big fan of DCL and does not want to see him leave. 

44 minutes ago, StevO said:

Shit touch Kane. See them goals at Goodison Park the other week?

I’d love us to have a striker as good as Harry Kane. The man is on another level. 

What striker would have missed those two gifts?  

You watch their game against Leeds? Lukaku got shit for a lot less. 

We've already got one better. As was our last striker.

35 minutes ago, Btay said:

Kane is undoubtedly the elite striker of the premier league. If he goes to a proper big team he will score as many goals as he wants. Fitness is his only question mark 

Take away pens and he's scored one more than DCL this season. Only thing he's got that DCL hasn't is Son next to him. 

Look at Kane for England. 

26 minutes ago, pete0 said:

What striker would have missed those two gifts?  

You watch their game against Leeds? Lukaku got shit for a lot less. 

We've already got one better. As was our last striker.

He controlled and finished the first with his weaker foot, the second he finished first time on the volley. Forget why striker would miss, what striker scores them both? 

DCL is a very talented striker, who’s not yet finished he’s best season so far in the premier league. But to say he’s better than Kane, you’re either on the wind up or just wrong. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Take away pens and he's scored one more than DCL this season. Only thing he's got that DCL hasn't is Son next to him. 

Look at Kane for England. 

Don’t get me wrong I’m loving the debate, it’s a credit to Dom and his efforts that he’s gotten himself into this upper tier bracket. 

Agree as well, I would love to see us get a pacey right winger and get more quality around Dom

50 minutes ago, StevO said:

Please do. 

Under Sam he played one scored none. 
Under Roy he played 16 and scored 5. 
Under Southgate he’s played 36 and scored 29. 
34 goals in 53 caps. 

Only Owen, Greaves, Lineker, Charlton and Rooney have scored more. None of them will be getting another cap any time soon. He’ll probably pass Owen before the end of the Euros, maybe pass Greaves before the end of 2021. He needs 20 goals to become England’s top goal scorer of all time. Five per year for the next four years?

Still only 27. Just three years older than Dom. 

He’s also seventh on the premier league all time top scorers list. Only Aguero is ahead of him who is still playing. He’s 11 goals behind Henry. There is only Jamie Vardy in the top 20 that is still playing, other than Kane himself. 

How many did he get in the tournament? Oh wait he was shite, probably England's worst performer.

You think Kane is as good as any of those names mentioned? He's 27 and still at Spurs... 

Meanwhile Juve, Barca, PSG, Chelsea, Inter, Arsenal, Man U, Atletico Madrid have all shelled out for strikers. 

I'm really hoping a club one day is stupid enough to buy him. They'll be worse for it.

3 hours ago, pete0 said:

How many did he get in the tournament? Oh wait he was shite, probably England's worst performer.

You think Kane is as good as any of those names mentioned? He's 27 and still at Spurs... 

Meanwhile Juve, Barca, PSG, Chelsea, Inter, Arsenal, Man U, Atletico Madrid have all shelled out for strikers. 

I'm really hoping a club one day is stupid enough to buy him. They'll be worse for it.

I'm really confused/genuinely fascinated by your apparent disdain for him as a player. Is this one of those situations where someone chooses to dislike the popular thing just to be a contrarian? Believe me, I've been there. I was that guy when Avatar came out. 

Harry Kane is, undoubtedly, one of the best strikers in the PL era. He is a clinical finisher, has recently shown that he is adaptable and can also turn provider, and has consistently been scoring goals (usually over 20+ a season in the PL) since the 2014/15 season. 

Am I missing something??

3 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I'm really confused/genuinely fascinated by your apparent disdain for him as a player. Is this one of those situations where someone chooses to dislike the popular thing just to be a contrarian? Believe me, I've been there. I was that guy when Avatar came out. 

Harry Kane is, undoubtedly, one of the best strikers in the PL era. He is a clinical finisher, has recently shown that he is adaptable and can also turn provider, and has consistently been scoring goals (usually over 20+ a season in the PL) since the 2014/15 season. 

Am I missing something??

It's against the popular opinion. Pete would argue that water is dry if he didn't rate it.