IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

12 hours ago, Shukes said:

Really no idea what’s trying to be proven here.  Another weird TT argument.

Back to DCL, I hope he misses the midweek game and comes back to us fresh and ready for the derby. We really need a good performance full of grit and determination from everyone.

I hate it when you’re sensible and boring 😂

Calvert-Lewin is only the fourth player to ever score in each of his side's first five Premier League games in a season.

Jose Antonio Reyes, Wayne Rooney and Sergio Aguero are the only other players to achieve that feat.

Surprised he's only the fourth player to do it in the prem. Not bad company to be in. Hopefully the run continues 

🤞span widget

Wouldn't say it's Ancelotti's doing. Credit goes to Unsworth for spotting him and Koeman for throwing him in the side straight away. Unsworth, Alladyce and Ferguson all used him straight away. Only one didn't, and that just shows how poor Silva was as a manager. Every youngster here seen their minutes drop when he come in and most fans started to believe the likes of DCL and Holgate weren't good enough. 

Credit Ancelotti for transforming the midfield and enabling DCL to get more chances.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Btay said:

How he stands over any dead ball at the moment is beyond me. James was dangerous with nearly every ball he put in those first few weeks, then it’s Digne.

It’s having the options though. Any goalkeeper that’s done his homework and sees those three standing over the ball, will have no idea where the ball is going.

A penalty is the single most pressurised moment a player can have in a match. He looked as confident as anyone.

18 minutes ago, Shukes said:

It’s having the options though. Any goalkeeper that’s done his homework and sees those three standing over the ball, will have no idea where the ball is going.

A penalty is the single most pressurised moment a player can have in a match. He looked as confident as anyone.

The goalkeeper will know that when Sig stands over the ball it'll either hit the first man or be floated in that softly that he can catch the ball with total ease. 

Whenever I see him near a dead ball I give up on anything positive happening. I don't think he's ever scored from a free-kick for us (apart from against Blackpool in pre-season) either, so his whole purpose in our side is redundant.

Dominic stood over the ball with real confidence and intent. He took a little glance up, seemingly into the goalkeepers eyes right before he started his run up. He looked hungry. He had the look of a dangerous striker in him! 

The point im trying to make, admittedly with a semi on right now, is I wouldn't mind at all of he stepped up to take our next penalty. Being a striker is a numbers game, if it boosts his confidence because he gets an extra 3 or 4 goals a season from the spot then that would be great. His technique seemed to suggest he's been practicing them.

3 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Dominic stood over the ball with real confidence and intent. He took a little glance up, seemingly into the goalkeepers eyes right before he started his run up. He looked hungry. He had the look of a dangerous striker in him! 

The point im trying to make, admittedly with a semi on right now, is I wouldn't mind at all of he stepped up to take our next penalty. Being a striker is a numbers game, if it boosts his confidence because he gets an extra 3 or 4 goals a season from the spot then that would be great. His technique seemed to suggest he's been practicing them.

An extra 3 or 4 goals a season... we aren't getting that many penalties mate :lol:.