IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

Begovic is someone that I actually rate as a second 'keeper, there's been some absolute clampets in the past but I wouldn't put Asmir in that bracket.

Still, a massive miss for us - Pickford has been one of our best players this season. I think anyone would miss someone like him inbetween the sticks given the form that he's been in.

Just now, Zoo 2.0 said:

Begovic is someone that I actually rate as a second 'keeper, there's been some absolute clampets in the past but I wouldn't put Asmir in that bracket.

Still, a massive miss for us - Pickford has been one of our best players this season. I think anyone would miss someone like him inbetween the sticks given the form that he's been in.

I know a lot of our fans have confidence in him but I’m not a fan at all. 

5 hours ago, Btay said:

We don’t get a point from liverpool if Begovic plays instead of Pickford. Begovic is a solid, respectable #2.

Pickford has a completely different level & when he is on it there’s few better keepers in the league.

You could argue that against Leeds or forest Begovic doesn’t make those errors meaning we get 3 points. Two ways of looking at it. 

Shame he’s out but timing is weirdly the best we could have hoped for. 
Games so close together it could easily have been 4/5/6, but if he only misses 2 games I’ll take that. 

Begovic an able stand in. 
As mentioned, we’ve had some total shite as back ups previously so in comparison he’s not too bad. 

Media get their wish too as some have been desperate to see Pickford dropped for England as he’s so ‘erratic’  🙄🤦🏼

53 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

10 days of mourning I believe so yeah, I guess any games from now until 10 days will be cancelled. 

Unless everyone in the country is getting ten days off work that's absurd.

96 year old woman dies, all very sad for those that cared about her, but in the grand scheme of things?

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Unless everyone in the country is getting ten days off work that's absurd.

96 year old woman dies, all very sad for those that cared about her, but in the grand scheme of things?

As someone who's not a royalist, I really don't understand why games should be canceled. It's sad and all, but why cancel games?