IGNORED

Manchester City (Home) Sunday January 15th

markjazzbassist

Guest rusty747

Agree with all the positive comments. Great day for us and the club. But it means nothing if we stuff up at Palace. Now we have found a level to play at, the next word that needs hammering into our players is Consistency!

But not taking anything from today's performance and result. Great job lads.

Ffs... Lukaku tried to claim goal off Davies at the end. Wind ya neck in. Good on tom for telling him no.

He must have been on a wind up if he did at the end. Fair play to Lukaku for trying to shepherd the ball into the net (that's the way I read it) He was just making sure, and he didn't touch it. On another day another player might have not done that and the ball get cleared of the line, stop or go wide. If that had happened, we'd all be screaming at him.

That was very cool to see - and watching Lookman latch on to Rom after the goal and the 2 of them talking.

Yes was great to see a senior player appear to help one of our youngsters. I think this shows some give Rom unfair criticism as being selfish, or only see what they want to see.

Edited by barryj

Agree with all the positive comments. Great day for us and the club. But it means nothing if we stuff up at Palace. Now we have found a level to play at, the next word that needs hammering into our players is Consistency!

But not taking anything from today's performance and result. Great job lads.

We've seen it far too often unfortunately.

We've seen it far too often unfortunately.

I was waiting for the moment when we 'turn off' and become the EFC side that we know all too well (unfortunately), but it never happened! And against a top side as well.

Does this prove that we actually have talent in the side, and not needing to wait for three more transfer windows in order to become a proper team? I think so, and its been there all along.

Can we maintain this momentum at Palace? God I hope so!

COYB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha Ha Lukaku covers and trips otomendi to let the ball go in, that's a load of shite, his leg is extended towards the ball intending to score, and his boot only misses it by inches.

Believe me he went for it and I'm glad he missed it, cos he might have fucked the goal up by being offside.

Ha Ha Lukaku covers and trips otomendi to let the ball go in, that's a load of shite, his leg is extended towards the ball intending to score, and his boot only misses it by inches.

Believe me he went for it and I'm glad he missed it, cos he might have fucked the goal up by being offside.

He wasn't offside though was he Bill he was behind play when Davies went through.

I didn't say he tripped him purposely but he tripped him which meant Otamendi couldn't clear the ball which without it he clears that easily.

Fucking hell, some of our fans can't wait to find excuses to slag our plyers off. Even after a win like that there's snide remarks.

That's correct, and I would be disappointed if he didn't try to knock it in, to suggest he was covering and shepherding the ball in was a bit of a joke.

Why, do you know what was going through his mind?

A striker of his calibre could have easily flicked it in, he never. Maybe he did miss it maybe he was just making sure, but you know what, he was there to do it, his run tripped Otamandi and he was the clisest player to the ball, that's als I'm arsed about. If he would have stood stock still and it gets cleared off the line he'd be getting slated for not following it up.

Why, do you know what was going through his mind?

A striker of his calibre could have easily flicked it in, he never. Maybe he did miss it maybe he was just making sure, but you know what, he was there to do it, his run tripped Otamandi and he was the clisest player to the ball, that's als I'm arsed about. If he would have stood stock still and it gets cleared off the line he'd be getting slated for not following it up.

We're just lucky his first touch is so poor. ;)

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/01/16/unsworth-holgate-davies

I really like Unsworth. He's the only one of our former players that I feel could go on to make a good career in management, and even manage Everton in the future. Ferguson and Stubbs? They were terrible shouts when we were first hiring Martinez and then when we were looking for his replacement. But I have a good feeling about Rhino.

OK lets get this straight once and for all....

He did try and knock it in. No question about that and in fairness if he didn't at least try and shepherd the ball in he wouldn't be doing his job - I get that, that's the way he's programmed as a striker. More questions would be asked if a defender cleared it.

The reality is that there was a point where it was clear it was going in and he was trying to actually claim it despite not touching it - immediately after he pointed to his chest... wrong, you've just seen the kid run the ball the length of the pitch and chip the keeper.... but ok - you still were in the moment let you off there.

But then after the game Davies confirms that walking off the pitch rom tried to claim the goal but there was no way he was having it. Fair play to the kid - the pundits were not to impressed with Rom doing that and Henry brought up the bolassie goal.

Lets face it - if he wasn't made this way then he wouldn't score as many goals. There is a line though and he cant help going over it as we seen with the penno incident.

At the end of the day many Evertonians would turn a blind eye to it if he scored a goal and lifted off his top to reveal a Liverpool shirt - that's the way it is with him. His misdemeanours are excused with his goals.

He did try and knock it in. No question about that and in fairness if he didn't at least try and shepherd the ball in he wouldn't be doing his job - I get that, that's the way he's programmed as a striker. More questions would be asked if a defender cleared it.

The reality is that there was a point where it was clear it was going in and he was trying to actually claim it despite not touching it - immediately after he pointed to his chest... wrong, you've just seen the kid run the ball the length of the pitch and chip the keeper.... but ok - you still were in the moment let you off there.

But then after the game Davies confirms that walking off the pitch rom tried to claim the goal but there was no way he was having it. Fair play to the kid - the pundits were not to impressed with Rom doing that and Henry brought up the bolassie goal.

Lets face it - if he wasn't made this way then he wouldn't score as many goals. There is a line though and he cant help going over it as we seen with the penno incident.

At the end of the day many Evertonians would turn a blind eye to it if he scored a goal and lifted off his top to reveal a Liverpool shirt - that's the way it is with him. His misdemeanours are excused with his goals.

:doh:

And you'll use absolutely any shitty stick to beat him with.

Works both ways matey.