IGNORED

Summer Transfer Window

Aidan

In Britain I’d like us in for the young lad at West Brom. Think his name is Ferguson? Can play right back or left back. Looks a proper talent. Cantwell at Norwich has had  a good start to his premier league career and one we should be looking at aswell. Grealish I rate and think we could still go back for Zouma. 

50 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

In Britain I’d like us in for the young lad at West Brom. Think his name is Ferguson? Can play right back or left back. Looks a proper talent. Cantwell at Norwich has had  a good start to his premier league career and one we should be looking at aswell. Grealish I rate and think we could still go back for Zouma. 

We could have Zouma because I think he’s going to be surplus to requirements and Chelsea mainly because he isn’t good enough, which is why I wouldn’t want him back here, we can do a lot better than him. 

9 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We could have Zouma because I think he’s going to be surplus to requirements and Chelsea mainly because he isn’t good enough, which is why I wouldn’t want him back here, we can do a lot better than him. 

But he was good here last year and we desperately wanted to keep him; maybe he's shite for Chelsea because Chelsea are a shambles and if we got him back he'd be the man he was last season.....or better.

2 minutes ago, MikeO said:

But he was good here last year and we desperately wanted to keep him; maybe he's shite for Chelsea because Chelsea are a shambles and if we got him back he'd be the man he was last season.....or better.

Or was he, Keane was supposedly good last season look at him now, for me they looked like they were solid mainly because Silva constantly played 2 defensive MF’s given them a lot of protection. 

31 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Or was he, Keane was supposedly good last season look at him now, for me they looked like they were solid mainly because Silva constantly played 2 defensive MF’s given them a lot of protection. 

Keane was up and down last season too but finished the season well and that's what people remember. 

As for Chelsea, they started with 3 at the back yesterday and took off Zouma but Rudiger was absolutely dreadful. Zouma is their best centre back but they keep messing him around. An Ancelotti arm and fans that want him would do him the world of good.

Just now, Bailey said:

Keane was up and down last season too but finished the season well and that's what people remember. 

As for Chelsea, they started with 3 at the back yesterday and took off Zouma but Rudiger was absolutely dreadful. Zouma is their best centre back but they keep messing him around. An Ancelotti arm and fans that want him would do him the world of good.

Well for there best CH he’s made a catalog of mistakes this season in the games I’ve seen which were mainly down to lack of ball control his first touch in a team that wants to play out from the back isn’t good enough. 

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Well for there best CH he’s made a catalog of mistakes this season in the games I’ve seen which were mainly down to lack of ball control his first touch in a team that wants to play out from the back isn’t good enough. 

There is a difference in how they play compared to us though in terms of tempo and options. I don't think he is the best player on the ball but he is better than Keane. Did you think he was bad last season, when we also, played out from the back?

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

There is a difference in how they play compared to us though in terms of tempo and options. I don't think he is the best player on the ball but he is better than Keane. Did you think he was bad last season, when we also, played out from the back?

For me he was hot and cold, he kept Mina out of the team due to Mina’s injuries for the most and Silva’s poor selection, because for me Mina as proved himself far better than Zouma and much more consistent which is so important. 
And I believe as we move forward with Ancelotti he will be looking for us to play out from the back more and more all his teams have played that way. 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

I’m with you here. He was decent for us last year, but only because we were awful. I never saw him commanding games, and he always had a mistake in him. Watching him for Chelsea, it’s the same.

Not sure I would swap Holgate with him to be honest. But wouldn’t mind him and Holgate playing for the same position.

3 hours ago, Cisk said:

Fair play to Baines - how good has he been the past couple of weeks. I didnt think we would see him again but hes slotted in and done a good job. He may not be starting XI anymore but hes been reliable.

Another 1yr contract maybe as back up LB??

I agree but  I also wish  we had hung on to Jags  for the same reason  :dontknow:  however  the biggest loss we  made  over recent times  ( Lukaku  as we  still have not replaced  his goal scoring ability imo )  And I say Imo  As it is is purely that,  before I upset  Haf LOL LOL

1 hour ago, TallPaul1878 said:

We've made some stinking signings over the last couple of seasons and they are going to come back to bite us in the ass this coming window.

We are recording significant losses and have already approached the financial limit of what is acceptable in the rules. It is not going to come as a surprise that we will have to sell before we can buy. We may be forced to sell just to balance the books.

Stek, Martina, Niasse and Garbutt all have contracts expiring this year, with Morgan, Walcott, Bolasi, Sandro and Besic all entering their last year so hopefully will be a little easier to sell if the club so wishes. 

Hopefully we can clear a few out this summer. 

Niasse takes up a big chunk of wage, so with him going if we can get rid of Bolasi and Sandro along side him that's a decent amount of cash freed up.

19 hours ago, Bailey said:

Joining in here; I think he was by far our best defender last season. I would take him back in a heartbeat. Keane is good back-up, but I think at this point I'd like to sell him and get cover from elsewhere. I think a Mina/Zouma partnership would be ideal. 

Generally speaking I’m sick of watching us try to build a new team every summer. Seems it’s been 3 or 4 in a row now. 2 in - get the best CB and no. 10 we can find. They will make everyone around them better. We have ‘enough’ at all the other positions. No more rushing to transform the squad...it hasn’t worked and now Ancelotti/Brands are stuck with FFP looming based on our previous shit buys. 

20 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Generally speaking I’m sick of watching us try to build a new team every summer. Seems it’s been 3 or 4 in a row now. 2 in - get the best CB and no. 10 we can find. They will make everyone around them better. We have ‘enough’ at all the other positions. No more rushing to transform the squad...it hasn’t worked and now Ancelotti/Brands are stuck with FFP looming based on our previous shit buys. 

I’ve been calling for this since day 1 of Moshiris rule. Don’t see it stopping any time soon though, I’m expecting to see 7-8 out and 5 in. 

19 hours ago, Makis said:

Baines will probably quit so we need someone who can cover for Digne. Sidibe is only on loan, so next season with JJK and Coleman? And Walcott still RW?

I think Baines will stay an extra season. 

With all the paper talk of Utd wanting Richy and DCL, I’d like to see us put a bid in for Rashford, those three in blue shirts would frighten the life out of many defences under Carlo, and a long term investment I’d much rather take instead of Bale or James Rodgrguez. Let’s show our real intent 

On 18/12/2019 at 11:33, Makis said:

It's very easy to test your own values: if that player was linked to Everton at that price would you think it's a fair asking price? If you think Everton should never pay that much for that player then why should anyone else?

China and Saudi Arabia. You could even throw Turkey in there in a few cases. 

On 01/01/2020 at 13:32, Finn balor said:

Rashford is the poster boy for united. I’m happy with the front three we have now. Just need more pace and someone to open up play in midfield. Grealish is looking the real deal at the moment 

I’d love Grealish, that lad is a real player! They’ll want more than £50m though, I’m not sure he’s worth it but I’d like to find out. 

I think Grealish is a good player, but I feel like he’s the sort of player that you need to build a team round him, and he also would want to be in that position I don’t think he’s good enough for that role to take a team to the top of the PL if that makes sense. 
Or maybe he could just fit straight into a team and not be the main focus of the team I’m not sure but could be an expensive gamble.