IGNORED

Moise Kean

This is actually one area where someone like Rafa has my complete trust, more so than any other manager we've had since Moyes. The players he wants will stay and take his instructions, those he doesn't want will go. I've never cared about the financial aspect of Everton, I care only about whether the manager is (within reason) getting the team he wants. I couldn't care less if Kean is sold, stays, or goes on loan with no obligation to buy. All I care about is that it's Rafa's choice, and I am 99% sure it will be or else there's literally no point in appointing a notorious control freak and disciplinarian like him. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

We’re mugs so I fully expect us to agree to this and then go out and sign a slow striker to replace him. 

Get rid I say. He has not actually proven very much apart from that he can thrive in a sub standard league. Even his international performances are nothing really to write home about.

10 hours ago, StevO said:

I don’t mind the loans as long as they are paying really good money. No idea what they paid last year, but say if we were picking up £15m last year and then £15m again then I’d be happy to sell him next year for £10m. 

This is what we should be looking at a minimum though. I think we need the money upfront this window and reinvest for FFP.

30 minutes ago, Btay said:

This is what we should be looking at a minimum though. I think we need the money upfront this window and reinvest for FFP.

No one buys players with money up front, doesn’t suit the buying club or the selling club. We probably still owe Juventus some money for him. 

I would snap their hand off at anything near £45m. We paid enough for him to start with, so a reasonable profit on a player who as done fook all for us as a team, in a market where player values are generally tumbling. He might go on to be a Worldie, but one in the hand is worth two in the bush as they say. £45M could go a fair way this summer. 

51 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

Couldn't agree more with the sentiment here. That is good money for who he looks like he will end up being. Time may prove us wrong but I feel he has found his level.

Not quite sure how to interpret that.  Champions League semi-finalist, or PL flop?

We will have more or less doubled our money on a player who has no interest in playing for us and also has a stinking attitude.

Not bad going considering we've been more or less forced into this situation. Keeping him at Everton only depreciates his value as he's not likely to play, and if he does he's not likely to be any better than we've already seen in a blue shirt.

2 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

Couldn't agree more with the sentiment here. That is good money for who he looks like he will end up being. Time may prove us wrong but I feel he has found his level.

I hope no-one involved in the discussions is reading these pages. It sounds like we're all too willing to sell him, which would undermine our bargaining position and lower any price. The truth of the matter is...

"Kean is one of the brightest young prospects in Europe right now, proving himself to be a successful starter and goalscorer at a Champions League team. This makes him one of Everton's most prized assets and, with years remaining on his contract, a linchpin in the club's plans. To wrench such a talented player away from Everton won't be easy and will require the right price."

1 hour ago, Cornish Steve said:

I hope no-one involved in the discussions is reading these pages. It sounds like we're all too willing to sell him, which would undermine our bargaining position and lower any price. The truth of the matter is...

"Kean is one of the brightest young prospects in Europe right now, proving himself to be a successful starter and goalscorer at a Champions League team. This makes him one of Everton's most prized assets and, with years remaining on his contract, a linchpin in the club's plans. To wrench such a talented player away from Everton won't be easy and will require the right price."

I wouldn’t call him a linchpin in the clubs plans I would say he has no future in the clubs plans. I agree with you Kean as proved himself to be a very good player with a big future in front of him just not with us. So let’s sell and try and maximise the return, and reinvest the money on a player who wants to play for us. 

5 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I wouldn’t call him a linchpin in the clubs plans I would say he has no future in the clubs plans. I agree with you Kean as proved himself to be a very good player with a big future in front of him just not with us. So let’s sell and try and maximise the return, and reinvest the money on a player who wants to play for us. 

Think you missed the somewhat (total) tongue in cheek nature of Steve's response mate, it was addressed to any of the powers that be at PSG that happened to be doing their research on TT.

8 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I would snap their hand off at anything near £45m. We paid enough for him to start with, so a reasonable profit on a player who as done fook all for us as a team, in a market where player values are generally tumbling. He might go on to be a Worldie, but one in the hand is worth two in the bush as they say. £45M could go a fair way this summer. 

They paid over €180 for Mbappe. Similar for Neymar. If he's replacing one of them he should be costing a lot more than £45m.