IGNORED

Jean-Philippe Gbamin

We’ve been so unlucky with this signing - he sounded ideal to replace such a key player in Gueye. We also sign Delph as insurance to help give a bit of depth and bed Gbamin in - didn’t we sign Gomes permanently that summer too? We’ve been so unlucky in centre mid - add Allan and Doucoure to that too. We’ve had no consistency in this position for years now so no wonder our performances have been so inconsistent/frustrating. No wonder Davies has struggled at times too.

8 minutes ago, c1982 said:

We’ve been so unlucky with this signing - he sounded ideal to replace such a key player in Gueye. We also sign Delph as insurance to help give a bit of depth and bed Gbamin in - didn’t we sign Gomes permanently that summer too? We’ve been so unlucky in centre mid - add Allan and Doucoure to that too. We’ve had no consistency in this position for years now so no wonder our performances have been so inconsistent/frustrating. No wonder Davies has struggled at times too.

It’s not unlucky with Delph at all. He’s been exactly what he was always going to be. The rest, yes. 

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Terrible news, I fear it could be the end of his career.  

Lets see what the scans say. Could just be another freak moment with knee to knee contact. I really hope for his sake its just a bad knock and alot of fluid that settles after the scan.

1 hour ago, Wiggytop said:

It’s becoming difficult to see him ever getting to a level of fitness where he can play a number of games consecutively, I really Hope I’m wrong though.

I’m with you. In my head I’ve moved on from him, he’ll never be an Everton player, he’ll never be fit and he’s more likely to retire than play 30 games a season for Everton. 
I would love to be wrong. I feel sorry for the lad. 

Unfortunately I don’t think he will make a worthwhile come back from the injuries he keeps sustaining, sadly he’s becoming as useful as a chocolate fireguard, should we treat him like Paul McGrath and excuse him from training because his body can’t cope with it and just play him, because most of his injuries seem to come on the training ground which is bizarre. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...