IGNORED

Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Pleased to here JP is nearly ready and hasn’t sustained another long term injury we need to know if he is our missing part of the jigsaw in what could be a top mid 3.

I get this feeling that they are working more on James cardio fitness than his physical fitness, it should be obvious to everyone that he needs to work as hard off the ball as on it, and we’ve seen very little from him in that department, and Iwobi as shown that his desire to defend as well as attack is helping us achieve win games with clean sheets, so I hope they are pushing him to be more involved in both ends of the field. 

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I think he is, we just need to ease him back, and not expect too much early on.

I hope he is. But almost two years without kicking a ball, and we don’t know if he was even good enough before the injury, has me not pinning any expectations on the lad at all. 
If he is good it would be fantastic. I’ve just got no reason to believe he will be.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Boston Toffee said:

It has been so long since he played I truly forget what type of player he is and what he brings to the table? Would he fit in the midfield with Doucoure and Allan?

I think maybe as a three it'd be a bit defensive though Doucouré could certainly be more forward thinking than he already is, maybe a good idea against tougher opposition. But I'm no real student of the game like some so happy to be corrected.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

I think maybe as a three it'd be a bit defensive though Doucouré could certainly be more forward thinking than he already is, maybe a good idea against tougher opposition. But I'm no real student of the game like some so happy to be corrected.

As a 3 it would be defensive but if you wanted to shut the game down and protect the CBs there wouldn’t be much that would get past them. 

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

As a 3 it would be defensive but if you wanted to shut the game down and protect the CBs there wouldn’t be much that would get past them. 

Exactly, I don’t think he is similar to Allan at all to be honest. I think he will hold a position more so to how Davies has played just with a stronger physical impact on the game. 

On 17/02/2021 at 13:41, Boston Toffee said:

It has been so long since he played I truly forget what type of player he is and what he brings to the table? Would he fit in the midfield with Doucoure and Allan?

Considering his injury history before he joined us and his age, I’m not 100% anyone knows what position will be his best. 

• 3 weeks later...

Jean-Philippe Gbamin entered the latest phase of his rehabilitation from an Achilles injury while the midfielder's Everton's teammates prepared for Saturday's FA Cup tie with Manchester City.

Ivorian Gbamin is starting to work on the grass at USM Finch Farm, introducing running and ball work into an individual recovery process which began soon after the 25-year-old sustained his injury back in May.

Manager Carlo Ancelotti last week confirmed he was optimistic over Gbamin's chances of returning to action this term – but conceded Everton would tread carefully with the player in order to safeguard his long-term fitness.

The remainder of Ancelotti's squad, meanwhile, are getting ready to face runaway Premier League leaders City at Goodison Park this weekend with a Cup semi-final place at stake.

Click on the gallery below for the latest images from USM Finch Farm.