IGNORED

Jean-Philippe Gbamin

3 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Supposedly, he’s driven the morning after and still over the limit - it’s still not acceptable but hands up, I’ve done it in the past and bet many on here have too. Naive.

Easily done but not recognised by many; if you have, as an example, six pints of "premium" lager (Stella/Kronenberg etc) of an evening that's more than fifteen units of alcohol. Body processes it at around one unit per hour, many people get in their cars in the morning over the limit but oblivious to the fact, friend of mine was a "morning after" offender.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Easily done but not recognised by many; if you have, as an example, six pints of "premium" lager (Stella/Kronenberg etc) of an evening that's more than fifteen units of alcohol. Body processes it at around one unit per hour, many people get in their cars in the morning over the limit but oblivious to the fact, friend of mine was a "morning after" offender.

My lad has not long turned 18, passed his driving test - so getting plenty of nights outs and but also likes getting out and about in the day in this new wheels - I made him buy a £100 electronic breathalyser from Halfords - he can test himself as many times as he likes the morning after until he knows he is safe and under the limit. Its not rocket science or prohibitively expensive to get a decent electronic breathalyser so no real excuse these days. I bet Gbamin's and every other footballers house is full of ever other electronic gizmo you can think off. 

19 hours ago, c1982 said:

Supposedly, he’s driven the morning after and still over the limit - it’s still not acceptable but hands up, I’ve done it in the past and bet many on here have too. Naive.

I would also question why he is getting so hammered when he should be in training.

@matt whilst I wouldn't call this a reputable source given the name of the paper, I think it is pretty concrete. I suppose it could be another "Mr Gbamin" they are talking about :D

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10040427/Everton-star-Jean-Philippe-Gbamin-fined-25K-banned-roads-drink-driving-smash.html

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

I would also question why he is getting so hammered when he should be in training.

@matt whilst I wouldn't call this a reputable source given the name of the paper, I think it is pretty concrete. I suppose it could be another "Mr Gbamin" they are talking about :D

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10040427/Everton-star-Jean-Philippe-Gbamin-fined-25K-banned-roads-drink-driving-smash.html

My point was more don't jump the gun based on what that rag prints. It made him out to have been on a bender, turns out its the morning after and he's hungover. 

Still stupid of him but not the dickhead arrogant move some assumed. 

21 hours ago, London Blue said:

Drink driving is so dangerous, but driving the morning after is not widly enough known, it should be.

Cant write him off for a mistake like that, ignorence is no defence but he deserves a chance.

Also the injuries are not his fault, again must be given time to recover his form and match fitness.

Just out of interest LB, what would happen if I was ever stopped on suspicion of drink driving (I never do, might have a single pint and drive but no more)? It's impossible for me to blow so couldn't be breathalysed, presumably I'd be taken in and given a blood test but that's going to be a lot of faffing around.

46 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Just out of interest LB, what would happen if I was ever stopped on suspicion of drink driving (I never do, might have a single pint and drive but no more)? It's impossible for me to blow so couldn't be breathalysed, presumably I'd be taken in and given a blood test but that's going to be a lot of faffing around.

It's the faffing option which is police station and blood test. Probably take a while.......

11 minutes ago, London Blue said:

It's the faffing option which is police station and blood test. Probably take a while.......

But then (again talking hypothetically, I've no plan to test the system😂), if I was marginally over the limit when stopped I could be under once the blood's taken if there's a delay; or is there a way of calculating where I was at when stopped?

35 minutes ago, MikeO said:

But then (again talking hypothetically, I've no plan to test the system😂), if I was marginally over the limit when stopped I could be under once the blood's taken if there's a delay; or is there a way of calculating where I was at when stopped?

Remind me of your boozers name Mike and what night you go drinking 🤣

Alcohol dissipates in the system so there is a chance it would be under if it was marginal. Having said that the experience of being arrested booked in at a police station and having to give blood is not nice so best avoid even if it ens up being negative. If you drink don't drive is my advice.

Pc Party pooper 

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Been there when I was pulled up for a blowing exhaust and turned out someone in Norwich had stolen my identity, told the story on here before but three units descended on me and I was taken off in the back of a van. Was told if I wanted a lawyer I'd have to go to Exeter but said I had no need of one so was taken to a local station where the booking sergeant asked to see my tattoos, said I had none and took my shirt off to prove it; they realised the truth of the situation and gave me a lift home. Happened outside our house of the time at the end of a cul-de-sac so no doubt the neighbours saw what happened, I never told them the truth but nobody messed with me after that😂.

Good job your identity thief had tattoos!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/09/2021 at 18:10, MikeO said:

I really shouldn’t say this but fuck it, I really laughed at “it’s impossible for me to blow”. Sorry Mike 😂

20 minutes ago, RPG said:

who knows If we can Get him fully fit again. When he was first signed there was a lot of talk that he could also play cb.

Could he actually save us a fortune and turn into another Jags?

FIFY

It pains me to say I just can’t see him ever being fit for long enough to find out.

Why is he even being named on the bench if he isn't going to be used in situations like today when we were 2-1 up with quarter of an hour to play? If you can’t give a £25 million midfielder 15 minutes in the exact situation that calls for him to come on then what’s the point of him?

35 minutes ago, Matt said:

He should've come on instead of Iwobi. If he was fit enough for the bench, he was got enough for 30 mins. 

Loads of players get put on the bench who won't play.

They are there if a situation arises that makes them need to be used. I.e Davies or Allan get injured 

He's clearly not fancied and Benitez did rate him at the start so it's anyone's guess as to why.  

Against Huddersfield he was appalling.  Has the latest injury knocked him down a few pegs.